and we're done

Beasley was on a rookie contract. How many teams have the cap space for Amare and are willing to take a chance on his body not breaking down?

Answer: None.

Well they ****** up the NBA for half a decade with that move. There's a lot of bonehead GMs out there. Amare can still give you ~15ppg and 7 rbs in about 40-50 games.

How many teams have 0 shot at any big name player? How many of those need to fill up seats and have the cap room?

Answer: Two-Three

15 points and 7 rebounds a game... for half a season? Whoa whoa whoa, I can hear the phones ringing off the hook in MSG right now for that kind of production.

And they get to pay him 22 million next year? Deal of the century.

You're making it seem as if i'm saying its gonna be easy. I'm saying it could be done. No one is gonna call and inquire, its gonna have to be done on our part obviously.

My point was that whoever is getting him isnt getting Jerome James. Amare can still be productive. You're putting people in the seats in your sorry *** franchise, but you're also getting a big "name" player thats a huge expiring next year, and one that can still produce. No 2nd round pick will do that.

Once again, it could be done

Last edited:
Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN 3h

Carmelo on whether Chris Paul re-signs with the Clippers: "****, I don't know. Don't start anything Frank." Oh, it's started.

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN 2h

Amare was not brought in to address media. My guess is Knicks worried what a player they'll try to trade might say about being forgotten man

Yikes @ some of these fantasy transactions.

Take a look at our cap situation, check out the FA list...then take another look at our cap. Let that settle in before thinking ahead.

STAT isn't going anywhere. When will everyone finally realize this?

Our best shot at landing someone who can contribute is either hitting a home run in the draft or Grunwald working his magic overseas. Dassit.

Basically. If we even want Pablo or Copeland back - that might take up all the mini-mid level $ as is.

Hope you can scrounge up 1 or 2 vet min guys to contribute again and hit on the draft pick.

I'd be shocked if they can seriously upgrade anywhere.

We need a coach to run the offense just like dantoni needed a coach to run the defense. Dare I say our offense is worst than Dantoni's defense

Dantoni Lack of Defense led to him being fired... Woodson's Offense led this team to 50 + wins, Dantoni's Defense also led to my Lakers having to kill kobe to get swept in the first round.............. I'm going to have to dare to say NO :lol:

I liked the offense for most of the year. We didn't run, but the floor was spaced well and when things were going well Felton was getting in the lane and we had ball movers (Kidd, Pablo) and shooters (Jr, Melo)

Woodson just seemed to take the spread pick and roll stuff and then have NO answer once that ran into trouble and went back to isolation. Not surprising Boston and Indiana were able to defend pick and roll/penetration well and leave us empty handed.

Best coaches have an answer when what they want to do is failing - Woodson had none. I guess that was kind of reflective of the season, there's not much other answer for why this team had so many peaks and valleys offensively.

IF dolan doesnt shell out some money im with SAS when he said amenesty amare and trade melo and go back to the drawing board.

I still think if we didn't double team from the jump and didn't play Kidd those minutes we win the series.

IF dolan doesnt shell out some money im with SAS when he said amenesty amare and trade melo and go back to the drawing board.

We already used the amnesty. SAS is all about himself and saying literally the thing that will rile the most people up. He used to defend lebron when he had a bad 4th quarter and now we bashes melo. He's just a black, slightly less annoying skip bayless

This is probably the first time of many it'll be said in here...we CAN'T amnesty anyone. It's a one time provision and we already used it. Got rid of Chauncey Billups and it eventually led to Tyson's signing.

If SAS really said that, he's a fool. It's his job to know these things.

Last edited:
This is why I say they need to buy into more ball movement rather than one on one. This offense is starting to look similar to the Hawks' offense with Joe Johnson running isolation a lot. Drive and kicks tend to work better when you have a stronger presence on the block. I know people hate when it's brought up, but Melo needs to swing the ball faster and stop holding it until late in the shot clock. He tends to kill the momentum when the ball swings, this cools down shooters.

I think the point you raise about having a stronger presence on the block is grossly ignored and I am in favor of a drive and kick offense. However, you can drive and kick all you want but when you have Chandler on the floor who isn't an offensive threat, JR not making shots and Kidd who was useless offensively even if Novak is out there his man isn't leaving him!! And we all know Novak only shoots when he is wide open!!

Novak can work Mr ONegative if others around him can make shots. Matt Bonner works for the Spurs because THEY HAVE OTHER PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT ARE VIABLE OFFENSIVE THREATS and can spread the floor (Danny Green, Leonard etc).

I know many times we all want to just point the finger and have a reason to blame someone, the coach or the system after a disappointing finish to our season but sometimes its just that the personnel out there isn't good enough to get the job done. And the personnel out on the floor for the Knicks were either not making shots or severely offensively limited.

Our biggest need imo is probably someone who hustles and rebounds (a poor mans version of Faried), preferably through through the draft.

My favorite FA for us and someone who i think is attainable is Dalembert.

Last edited:

Remember when we passed on Stephenson and took Andy Rautins and Landry? :smh: :lol:

I can't even tell what our biggest need is.

There is no way in hell Lance would be the player he is now if he was drafted by us. Hometown kid who thinks he's hot **** playing in front of friends and family for 41 games? Lulz

Remember when we passed on Stephenson and took Andy Rautins and Landry?
mean.gif
laugh.gif
Still don't have a problem with that. Who's to say he would've worked out for us? It took him two full seasons before he finally started showing out in Indiana. Now picture an immature kid already dealing with issues and now he's in NYC, playing with added pressure for his home team. That **** would've been a disaster.

Instead, in typical Knicks fashion, he'll come play for us when he's 37 with a gimp knee on a bad contract.
pimp.gif

EDIT: Los beat me to it.

Last edited:
:lol: @ HTTB but :smh: at the same time.

Having covered Lance in High School and knowing him personally I definitely agree with those who said he wouldn't have worked out as a Knick. I do not think he could have handled playing at home professionally....there was already concern about him playing at home when he was considering playing at St. Johns.

Last edited:
We ******g passed on Jennings
Not mad at that either. Dude is exactly the type of player we don't need and his poorness on the basketball court would've been magnified playing for us.

The REAL crime was Golden State grabbing Steph Curry one pick ahead of NY. From what I remember, he actually wanted to come here and we would've picked him instead of Jordan Hill if he fell one more spot.

frown.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom