and we're done

All the free agents that have been mentioned are second-tier players and inconsistent. Knicks need to land something better with the provided depth in FA this off season.

I would take a chance on Mayo but not sure how we could get him. I think Gordon is a pipe dream and so is CP3 although I would love to have him in a Knicks uniform.

As far as Shump playing in the summer league I really don't have a problem with it. Right now I am very impressed with his development and where he is mentally right now. I truly believe he is going to blossom into a really good player close to what Ron Artest was in his prime.

I think a lot of us want improvements to come from the outside but I think our improvements are going to have to come from within. Young players like Cope and Shump have to develop. Melo has to get even better and we pray Amar'e is reasonable healthy and can give us 20 mins a night consistently (but I shall believe it when I see it).

It is imperative we get a rotation player in the draft! If we can can trade up and dump Novak to move up a few spots to a team looking for a shooter I would do it.

Sorry guys but unless we can pull off a big three-way trade I just don't see us improving this roster from the outside; but hey stranger things have happened and I hope I am wrong.

Why would you want to dump Novak Flatbushfiyah23?

Because his game is one dimensional and if we bring back Copeland I think Cope definitely takes his minutes. Novak is a great shooter but we have seen now 2 seasons in a row that he is unseless in the playoffs because he can't create his own shot and brings nothing to the table defensively. I don't see him fitting with the team going forward. His contract is still trade friendly so why not try to get something for him?

Why would you want to dump Novak Flatbushfiyah23?

Because his game is one dimensional and if we bring back Copeland I think Cope definitely takes his minutes. Novak is a great shooter but we have seen now 2 seasons in a row that he is unseless in the playoffs because he can't create his own shot and brings nothing to the table defensively. I don't see him fitting with the team going forward. His contract is still trade friendly so why not try to get something for him?

I would say not. He's the team best 3 point shooter, his role isn't to create his own shot and that's not his game. I'd put that one on the coach to work him into the rotation on a more consistent basis. I was puzzled how he was doing work early to mid season, then he became a ghost. I wondered what happened. He can spread the floor better provided they swing the ball faster and make the extra pass. they can afford to have him camp out there. JR and Carmelo have the ability to create their own shot. The emphasis has to be made on making the extra pass. I don't know what Woodson is doing on that front.

Beasley was on a rookie contract. How many teams have the cap space for Amare and are willing to take a chance on his body not breaking down?

Answer: None.

Well they ****** up the NBA for half a decade with that move. There's a lot of bonehead GMs out there. Amare can still give you ~15ppg and 7 rbs in about 40-50 games.

How many teams have 0 shot at any big name player? How many of those need to fill up seats and have the cap room?

Answer: Two-Three

Last edited:
I would say not. He's the team best 3 point shooter, his role isn't to create his own shot and that's not his game. I'd put that one on the coach to work him into the rotation on a more consistent basis. I was puzzled how he was doing work early to mid season, then he became a ghost. I wondered what happened. He can spread the floor better provided they swing the ball faster and make the extra pass. they can afford to have him camp out there. JR and Carmelo have the ability to create their own shot. The emphasis has to be made on making the extra pass. I don't know what Woodson is doing on that front.

I can't say I disagree with you regarding his ability to spread the floor but now (if we bring him back) we have Copeland who can do that and is a better player than Novak. Doesn't that make Novak expendable? I like depth but we need to get a bit younger and athletic in certain areas.

As far as Woodson goes I mean this team was consistently moving the ball early in the season and late in the season and also during the first few games of the 1st round. So its not that I don't think he is emphasizing it all. I think our failure in the second round came down to players lacking confidence in making shots and relying too much on Melo. Players have to make shots when they are open....the Knicks had plenty of good open shots and didn't knock em down.

I can't say I disagree with you regarding his ability to spread the floor but now (if we bring him back) we have Copeland who can do that and is a better player than Novak. Doesn't that make Novak expendable? I like depth but we need to get a bit younger and athletic in certain areas.

As far as Woodson goes I mean this team was consistently moving the ball early in the season and late in the season and also during the first few games of the 1st round. So its not that I don't think he is emphasizing it all. I think our failure in the second round came down to players lacking confidence in making shots and relying too much on Melo. Players have to make shots when they are open....the Knicks had plenty of good open shots and didn't knock em down.

Fair enough, I just think getting rid of Novak is throwing the baby out with the bathwater. With their cap space, if you decide to go younger, it might be a bit of a disservice. What they need to do is trim guys like Kidd and Camby, their age and contributions don't help. They should start there. The rest of the team are basically in their prime years, so they aren't as old as people think. Copeland shows flashes, don't mistake that for consistency, trade the best shooter on the team and be stuck with him only for him to decline after you got rid of your depth. You need to be a deep team so you can be as flexible as much as possible with your lineups.

Fair enough, I just think getting rid of Novak is throwing the baby out with the bathwater. With their cap space, if you decide to go younger, it might be a bit of a disservice. What they need to do is trim guys like Kidd and Camby, their age and contributions don't help. They should start there. The rest of the team are basically in their prime years, so they aren't as old as people think. Copeland shows flashes, don't mistake that for consistency, trade the best shooter on the team and be stuck with him only for him to decline after you got rid of your depth. You need to be a deep team so you can be as flexible as much as possible with your lineups.

I agree with you 100% on Kidd and Camby but we have to pray that they retire! The Knicks age has been vastly overrated and as you stated the majority of the teams core is in their prime. We need a few more athletic players in the rotation for sure IMO.

I too also love having depth/flexibility but I guess I am just questioning whether we need more depth regarding outside shooting or athleticism.

I call ******** on dumping Novak. You're telling me Matt Bonner can play in the playoffs, but Novak can't?

We just run isos, try to drive and kick, and hope his man helps off him. It's so basic. And half the time our guys are just ball watching while Felton, Shump, JR or Melo play 1 on 1. Novak standing in the corner or at the elbow extended, waiting for his guy to run away, helps no one.

Last edited:

I agree with you 100% on Kidd and Camby but we have to pray that they retire! The Knicks age has been vastly overrated and as you stated the majority of the teams core is in their prime. We need a few more athletic players in the rotation for sure IMO.

I too also love having depth/flexibility but I guess I am just questioning whether we need more depth regarding outside shooting or athleticism.

That go to shooter is def needed. Can't rely Earl Rozay to be taking 3's in the playoffs. He's too streaky and Novak is more of a pure shooter. Novak is what they need, they have to make sure they keep his hand hot at the right times is all. When he's on, he's lights out. He really made me pay attention to him.

Yikes @ some of these fantasy transactions.

Take a look at our cap situation, check out the FA list...then take another look at our cap. Let that settle in before thinking ahead.

STAT isn't going anywhere. When will everyone finally realize this?

Our best shot at landing someone who can contribute is either hitting a home run in the draft or Grunwald working his magic overseas. Dassit.

Last edited:
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Last edited:
I call ******** on dumping Novak. You're telling me Matt Bonner can play in the playoffs, but Novak can't?

We just run isos, try to drive and kick, and hope his man helps off him. It's so basic. And half the time our guys are just ball watching while Felton, Shump, JR or Melo play 1 on 1. Novak standing in the corner or at the elbow extended, waiting for his guy to run away, helps no one.

This is why I say they need to buy into more ball movement rather than one on one. This offense is starting to look similar to the Hawks' offense with Joe Johnson running isolation a lot. Drive and kicks tend to work better when you have a stronger presence on the block. I know people hate when it's brought up, but Melo needs to swing the ball faster and stop holding it until late in the shot clock. He tends to kill the momentum when the ball swings, this cools down shooters.

Beasley was on a rookie contract. How many teams have the cap space for Amare and are willing to take a chance on his body not breaking down?

Answer: None.

Well they ****** up the NBA for half a decade with that move. There's a lot of bonehead GMs out there. Amare can still give you ~15ppg and 7 rbs in about 40-50 games.

How many teams have 0 shot at any big name player? How many of those need to fill up seats and have the cap room?

Answer: Two-Three

15 points and 7 rebounds a game... for half a season? Whoa whoa whoa, I can hear the phones ringing off the hook in MSG right now for that kind of production.

And they get to pay him 22 million next year? Deal of the century.

I dont want Eric Gordon anywhere near this team. Dude reminds me of Marbury.

After getting over the disappointment. I still like the team we have. Talent wasnt an issue, we just had too many mental lapses

We need a coach to run the offense just like dantoni needed a coach to run the defense. Dare I say our offense is worst than Dantoni's defense

Ya'll out here talking about Eric Gordon?

Dude hasn't had a clean bill of health since birth, yet he needs to be on THIS team?

Pass.

Back
Top Bottom