and we're done

MsJennaBaybee, not to pick but Melo HAS had help in his career. Do you remember the season when Allen Iverson was on his team? Both of them finished top 5 in scoring that year. Then, they traded AI for Chauncey Billups a season or so later. He had JR and Kenyon on those teams as well. Didn't read all of your post (will go back and finish later) but that part of your post really caught my eye. People need to stop making excuses for Melo. Ten years and other than the year he took LA to 6, it's been pretty much the same result.

I dunno where to begin. I thought I'd be more depressed, but when they fought back I was proud. You don't go down without a fight and ultimately they did fight and I give them that.

I really feel for Melo. Granted he didn't come big in the 4th, but he carried us the WHOLE game until others got hot. And I mean honestly what more can you ask for? It sucks that all his career, he's never had that real support where he can defer to and in the end gets ridiculed for it. (If Steph Curry was drafted by us :smh: ) He's not the best, but damnit he is a superstar and I'm tired of people not giving him the credit he deserves. He needs help.

The Knicks are the better team, but the Pacers played like the better team. Simply just got out coached and put more of an effort. It just pains me though that time and time again the Knicks prove the haters and doubters right. It makes me sick that they made George Hill, Hibbert, David West, Lance Darkness Stevenson into stars. It's embarrassing smh.

I won't say Woody needs to be fired, but something has to give. Essentially his ceiling is 50-60 wins a season, make it out the first round and then flame out. The inability to make adjustments is absurd. :smh: Hats off to Frank Vogel, he is extremely gifted as a coach. Funny how he's from NJ/NY and Woody is from Indy. Clearly he has that passion we needed.

Going forward for next season. Grunwald, etc need to beg Pablo to stay, since he's considering going back home next season. Cope NEEDS to be back. The fact that Woody used him sparingly this season is beyond me. From day 1 he showed he had talent. He also shows that he's willing to learn defensively. I like dude a lot. He needs to be in the starting lineup.

Shump is good money. Melo is too...Chandler :x I just don't get it. I remember the year the Mavs won the finals. The game they played against the Knicks in Dallas, I specifically said on twitter the Knicks NEEDS Chandler. He's the perfect catalyst for this team. He was just demolishing us in the paint. So what the eff happen? Son needs to not do anything this summer. I can't with him flaming out the way he did. But then again that's on the Knicks not signing a legitimate back up. Kenyon Martin isn't a natural center so we basically looked helpless out there without backup.

Idk about Felton. I'm not going to start the CP3 talk, but I need a PG that's not going to have mental lapses the way he does. I remember Knicks fans were so hype when we signed him, but I wasn't convinced. He had me believing here and there but of course he too hit his ceiling.

Idk bout Stat either. I try to stay positive about dude. But he was essentially non existent due to these injuries. I won't say get rid of him, but something's got to give with him too.

Lastly..JR will obviously be in a Knick jersey after that wonderful performance, needs to do some serious soul searching. I'm lost for words for this dude. This is the same guy that was thirsty to be in the starting lineup. There is no reason why someone with his ability can be so bad. You can just tell his basketball IQ and overall IQ is low. I mean sometimes when they got the camera on him during games and he has that blank stare, I feel like there's birds chirping in his head. Granted if you're slumping the best way to get out of it is to keep shooting but bro do other things to help your team. And New York really need to consider banning this guy from any nightlife hotspot. Take your *** home bro.

Idk I'm just on my soapbox. I want to think and believe I'll one day see the Knicks win a championship but I'm starting to believe it's not meant to be. Some teams aren't just meant for greatness. :frown: Sorry for the long post I just needed to vent. I'm done with watching basketball for the season. I could careless to see the slobfest for Miami. It's been real guys until the offseason.

/Thread. See u in the offseason

Last edited:
Looking at the brighter side of things--Iman Shumpert is one of the brighter spots of the team. This guy is gonna be a STUD in 2-3 more years in the league. He just needs to be more disciplined on the offensive end and learn when to be aggressive on the defensive side.

If I was him, I would do nothing but work on my jumper this offseason. He needs to develop some sort of consistent mid-range jumper and shot off the dribble more. His knee seems to be getting stronger too, so, he also needs to work on driving to the basket and finishing.

**** you, *****.
Sorry
embarassed.gif
roll.gif
wink.gif

MsJennaBaybee, not to pick but Melo HAS had help in his career. Do you remember the season when Allen Iverson was on his team? Both of them finished top 5 in scoring that year. Then, they traded AI for Chauncey Billups a season or so later. He had JR and Kenyon on those teams as well. Didn't read all of your post (will go back and finish later) but that part of your post really caught my eye. People need to stop making excuses for Melo. Ten years and other than the year he took LA to 6, it's been pretty much the same result.

Absolutely. I thought about that after I made the post. I get Melo isn't Kobe and he isn't Lebron so his overall skill set is limited, but when I think of great championship teams there's always that one or two players that you can go to. It's classic. Jordan had Pippen, Kobe had Shaq, Kobe without Shaq had role players, bigs and Phil Jackson :lol: Lebron has Wade and Bosh. Tim Duncan had David Robinson (I HATE the 99 Spurs but I digress) Tim Duncan has Ginobilli and Parker. Yeah Melo had A.I. but two "selfish" defensive challenged ball players wasn't going to cut it. Then they had JR too? :x Kenyon was never an offensive threat. Matter fact the Nuggets were basically what the Knicks are now minus A.I. and Billups. It's basically why A.I. made it to the finals in 01, but didn't win. In my opinion Melo needs a player who can knock down shots consistently but knows when it's time to give the star player the ball and play d. Had we had someone knocking down and creating shots consistently and not late in the third quarter, Melo would of probably been more effective in the 4th and instead were having a game 7 discussion.

@nYcHIpHopHIppo :lol: I needed that laugh. The lost is setting in. :/

@HTTB if that was directed to me don't make me blush lol.

@Lver of Jordan

Absolutely. I thought about that after I made the post. I get Melo isn't Kobe and he isn't Lebron so his overall skill set is limited, but when I think of great championship teams there's always that one or two players that you can go to. It's classic. Jordan had Pippen, Kobe had Shaq, Kobe without Shaq had role players, bigs and Phil Jackson :lol: Lebron has Wade and Bosh. Tim Duncan had David Robinson (I HATE the 99 Spurs but I digress) Tim Duncan has Ginobilli and Parker. Yeah Melo had A.I. but two "selfish" defensive challenged ball players wasn't going to cut it. Then they had JR too? :x Kenyon was never an offensive threat. Matter fact the Nuggets were basically what the Knicks are now minus A.I. and Billups. It's basically why A.I. made it to the finals in 01, but didn't win. In my opinion Melo needs a player who can knock down shots consistently but knows when it's time to give the star player the ball and play d. Had we had someone knocking down and creating shots consistently and not late in the third quarter, Melo would of probably been more effective in the 4th and instead were having a game 7 discussion.

@nYcHIpHopHIppo :lol: I needed that laugh. The lost is setting in. :/

@HTTB if that was directed to me don't make me blush lol.

@Lver of Jordan

I remember Anthony Carter doing a stupid inbound play that cost them a game.

After 2014 who should we sign of Melo doesn't re-sign?( I hope Melo retires a knick he is the best thing to happen to them)

After 2014 who should we sign of Melo doesn't re-sign?( I hope Melo retires a knick he is the best thing to happen to them)

I hope you mean in recent history. Please don't disrespect Patrick Ewing like that man.

He had that, it was Chauncey. The result, Western conference finals. The issue, which was later revealed by George Karl, Melo didn't buy into playing D as the star player. K Mart did it, Marcus Camby did it, Chauncey...tried :lol:. I think it's time to accept the fact this is as good as Melo is going to get, passing and not getting teammates involved criticism and all. Out of respect for Knick fans here, I won't go any further.

Point taken. But like you said it resulted in a Western Conference finals. So with help he has proven to take his team to the next level. They then ran into a better Lakers coached by an even better coach. That's one or two years out of Melo's career where he had real help. Had Melo bought into defense maybe they do go to the finals, but different coaches bring different things out of players. I will credit Woody and credit Melo maturing as a player this year for playing better D and better team ball...sometimes.

Someone like Paul George would be perfect for him now that I think about it.

Inbounding costed us game 1 and 3, smh. But I don't believe Anthony Carter played. Regardless, I hate to see melo go out like this.

He had that, it was Chauncey. The result, Western conference finals. The issue, which was later revealed by George Karl, Melo didn't buy into playing D as the star player. K Mart did it, Marcus Camby did it, Chauncey...tried :lol:. I think it's time to accept the fact this is as good as Melo is going to get, passing and not getting teammates involved criticism and all. Out of respect for Knick fans here, I won't go any further.

Point taken. But like you said it resulted in a Western Conference finals. So with help he has proven to take his team to the next level. They then ran into a better Lakers coached by an even better coach. That's one or two years out of Melo's career where he had real help. Had Melo bought into defense maybe they do go to the finals, but different coaches bring different things out of players. I will credit Woody and credit Melo maturing as a player this year for playing better D and better team ball...sometimes.

Someone like Paul George would be perfect for him now that I think about it.

But that's the thing, it's Melo's attitude towards team. It's always overlooked because of his scoring ability. As a player, he doesn't think that he needs to get his teammates involved by putting them in position to get easy shots. He thinks, I gotta put the team on my back and do it alone. That's a knock on his game he's had since he's been in the league. He doesn't make up for it by playing intense D on the other side of the ball either, he's inconsistent at best with that. I've watched him this season, for some reason, he has gone away from going to the basket. From November he's been getting the quick step on his man, and pulling up :stoneface: . For as strong as he is, he forgot how to go to the basket and create contact. He's gotten too complacent in shooting jumpers, that type of mentality, won't get you far in April and May. Woodson also doesn't make him go to the basket, people talking about accountability, but he doesn't put Melo's feet to the fire and make him step up as a vocal leader of the team. Until then, they will have the same problems.

But that's the thing, it's Melo's attitude towards team. It's always overlooked because of his scoring ability. As a player, he doesn't think that he needs to get his teammates involved by putting them in position to get easy shots. He thinks, I gotta put the team on my back and do it alone. That's a knock on his game he's had since he's been in the league. He doesn't make up for it by playing intense D on the other side of the ball either, he's inconsistent at best with that. I've watched him this season, for some reason, he has gone away from going to the basket. From November he's been getting the quick step on his man, and pulling up :stoneface: . For as strong as he is, he forgot how to go to the basket and create contact. He's gotten too complacent in shooting jumpers, that type of mentality, won't get you far in April and May. Woodson also doesn't make him go to the basket, people talking about accountability, but he doesn't put Melo's feet to the fire and make him step up as a vocal leader of the team. Until then, they will have the same problems.

But my thing is I don't think it is overlooked, I think it it's overhyped if anything. How many times do we hear he's not a team player and he's selfish? Trust me I get what you're saying and it irritates me sometimes to watch the ball stay in his hand, but other times and maybe the majority of the time the ball is going in and he produces. And then when he does pass the ball, his teammates are leaving him out there to dry. A perfect example was tonight, no one was making shots, Melo literally had to take control for them to stay in the game until finally Shump got hot. How many times do we see him kick the ball out and JR throws a brick or Chander fumbles with the ball? :smh: I don't think that's a knock on him, that's the personnel Grunwald and the rest of the front office has given him.

I'm not sure if I agree with that he's gotten complacent with just shooting jumpers, just for the simple fact he's played PF all season and has had mismatches all season, which has helped him get to the rim and get more foul calls. The difference between him and JR is he knows how to realize when his shot isn't working and instead attacks the rim and that's been evident with his high total points but low FG% Matter fact I don't ever remember him attempting to dunk so many times like he did this season. Nothing to brag about but still :lol:

But with that said, I do agree Melo has many flaws, but I really can't fault him for all his teams misfortunes. And I can't sit here and say his game has not gotten better and showed he can be a team player. He's had help yes, but for the majority of his career he has not had the proper help a superstar needs and he def didn't this postseason.

Since when does a scorer have to get his team involved? Just because Lebron is putting up eight assists a game doesn't mean everyone in the league averaging twenty plus is worthless if they have less than five dimes. Creating opportunities is the point guard's job, not Melo. You wanna knock Melo for not passing outta double teams or taking quick shots fine, but to say he has to create more is absurd. If we had proper ball movement, an above average consistent point guard, and a real number two option none of this matters. Lebron really did ruin the legue, now you need everyone to drop 25 8 8 to be revered. Melo is a gunslinger, Lebron is a general, at the end of the day they both give their team more of a chance to win than without them on the court.

Btw, please stop saying we should've had Stephen curry. He would've been traded for Melo anyway. (Replace Gallinari)

Melo doesn't have to average 8 assists a game. However what we need from him is timely passes that create ball movement you know? And that's not completely his fault but he's not completely innocent in that area either. He doesn't need to literally be LeBron, that's an unfair request out of anyone. But passing the ball with the intention of opening up the offense and getting around his career assist numbers (3-4 a game) isn't an outrageous request in my eyes.

Melo has declined from the start of the season. The effort to move the ball was there. The effort on defense was there. He trusted his teammates. When he didn't score he did other things to contribute. He's always been a naturally good rebounder but for example, when we playing San Antonio on the road he gave a honest effort towards grabbing rebounds (12 to be exact) and playing defense while only scoring 9 pts. We won that game. That's the type of effort that will make up for bad shooting nights.

This team goes as he does. And while the effort was there the last 3 games, where was it prior to that? We can't completely place the blame on him for this series but I'm not giving him a pass either. But then again, maybe that's just who he is and if that's the case we aren't winning a gotdamn thing.

But that's the thing, it's Melo's attitude towards team. It's always overlooked because of his scoring ability. As a player, he doesn't think that he needs to get his teammates involved by putting them in position to get easy shots. He thinks, I gotta put the team on my back and do it alone. That's a knock on his game he's had since he's been in the league. He doesn't make up for it by playing intense D on the other side of the ball either, he's inconsistent at best with that. I've watched him this season, for some reason, he has gone away from going to the basket. From November he's been getting the quick step on his man, and pulling up
indifferent.gif
. For as strong as he is, he forgot how to go to the basket and create contact. He's gotten too complacent in shooting jumpers, that type of mentality, won't get you far in April and May. Woodson also doesn't make him go to the basket, people talking about accountability, but he doesn't put Melo's feet to the fire and make him step up as a vocal leader of the team. Until then, they will have the same problems.
But my thing is I don't think it is overlooked, I think it it's overhyped if anything. How many times do we hear he's not a team player and he's selfish? Trust me I get what you're saying and it irritates me sometimes to watch the ball stay in his hand, but other times and maybe the majority of the time the ball is going in and he produces. And then when he does pass the ball, his teammates are leaving him out there to dry. A perfect example was tonight, no one was making shots, Melo literally had to take control for them to stay in the game until finally Shump got hot. How many times do we see him kick the ball out and JR throws a brick or Chander fumbles with the ball?
mean.gif
I don't think that's a knock on him, that's the personnel Grunwald and the rest of the front office has given him.

I'm not sure if I agree with that he's gotten complacent with just shooting jumpers, just for the simple fact he's played PF all season and has had mismatches all season, which has helped him get to the rim and get more foul calls. The difference between him and JR is he knows how to realize when his shot isn't working and instead attacks the rim and that's been evident with his high total points but low FG% Matter fact I don't ever remember him attempting to dunk so many times like he did this season. Nothing to brag about but still
laugh.gif

But with that said, I do agree Melo has many flaws, but I really can't fault him for all his teams misfortunes. And I can't sit here and say his game has not gotten better and showed he can be a team player. He's had help yes, but for the majority of his career he has not had the proper help a superstar needs and he def didn't this postseason.
melo aint lose da game for us, i aint gonna blame duke at all...even though those last 2 turn overs proved fatal, without his offensive

firepower we wouldn't even be in da game competing...

Back
Top Bottom