and we're done

Chandler is doubtful tonight.
The Knicks say center Tyson Chandler is doubtful for Tuesday's game against Washington due to a bulging disk in his neck.

Chandler recently missed 10 games due to the injury.

He returned to the lineup last week and said he felt pain in his neck after playing his first two games. The All-Star center said after Friday's win over Milwaukee, though, that he was feeling better. He played well in the Knicks' victory over Oklahoma City on Sunday.

The extent of his discomfort is unknown at this point.

If Chandler sits, the Knicks may be very thin on the front line against Washington. Kenyon Martin is questionable for the game due to a sore left knee. But the veteran forward told reporters Sunday that he'd play against the Wizards.

Martin has missed the last two games due to the injury.

Marcus Camby is unavailable due to a left plantar fascia. He has missed the last two games due to the ailment.

Last edited:
Dude Camby legit played like 2 games for a whooping 10 minutes and hes out AGAIN?
Tyson coming back too soon :smh: kenyon is a warrior.

To be honest I don't mind Camby sitting out the rest of the Regular season games if he is going to be fresh for the Play Offs - Him and Stat being Fresh for then will be a huge boost for us

After 40 winless seasons and that black plague decade, why should I have a "winning attitude"?

My loser mentality is irrelevant. The Knicks players think they can win. That's all that truly matters

:lol: at 40 winless seasons.

Why should you not?!

Every year each team except for one has a "winless season" according to what I believe is your definition of a winless season. Well then it can only get better.....also pointing out the teams winless drought of which maybe at most you have seen half of it is irrelevant. Considering the past decade of Knicks basketball and the growth of this team in the past 2-3 seasons why shouldn't you be optimistic? Oh wait.....because of the Heat. :smh:

Pardon, me but I can't rock wit that logic and yes I do believe there is a fine line between being fairly critical of your team (which is healthy) and obsessively pessimistic.

You guys are too sensitive these days.

And you're the one saying this? :lol:
I love you both, but this is exactly what crossed my mind when I read that.:lol:

No more fighting, though.

Listen pr0ph, you've been taking little jabs at me (IDK. I might be mistaken) for the past 2 months now. It all kind of started after the failed TNYK summit meet up, but that's whatever. I let go of some of the comments, taking them as jokes or sarcasm, but everyone has a certain level of tolerance. You just happened to exceed my tolerance :lol:

I'm willing to bury the hatchet with you and have no hard feelings.

I hope we're saving Camby for playoffs. We traded what little we had for him. :smh:

What's the word on Crazy Eyes and Sheed?

Just so everyone is aware, what I wrote yesterday was complete sarcasim in response to that dude Flatbush having a hissy-fit and calling us "losers" because we were discussing the Heat's contract situation.

Like some of y'all have said, everyone who was trippin balls about some of us discussing other teams, get over it. It's really not that serious, is that what this was all about? Haha, completely childish.

We talk about everything in here, there are literally pages in here dedicated to Tina Cervasios breasts :smokin. It's a Knick thread but since when hasn't it been an open thread? It's always had the barber-shop type of feel.

This ain't the Brooklyn Nets or OKC Thunder thread. Thank god.

:lol:

I had a hissy fit because I logically explained the loser mentality of people in certain fanbases?! Clearly you have no idea of what a hissy fit is.

I really don't get why people can't discuss things logically and agree or disagree instead of getting so emotional or name calling.

You can't say we talk about everything here and say we have a barber-shop type feel and then be upset when something you said or did is criticized. :smh:

Listen pr0ph, you've been taking little jabs at me (IDK. I might be mistaken) for the past 2 months now. It all kind of started after the failed TNYK summit meet up, but that's whatever. I let go of some of the comments, taking them as jokes or sarcasm, but everyone has a certain level of tolerance. You just happened to exceed my tolerance :lol:

lol it was never that serious to begin with. I'm always joking around.

i never attacked anyone on niketalk, so you shouldn't feel that way either lol

its cool.

just like how some of us call HTTB gramps and proshares big boobies, its all fun :lol:

lol it was never that serious to begin with. I'm always joking around.

i never attacked anyone on niketalk, so you shouldn't feel that way either lol

its cool.

just like how some of us call HTTB gramps and proshares big boobies, its all fun :lol:
Bro, chill the hell out with all that. You've been going really far with that gramps stuff lately.:stoneface:

People are wired differently. I'll be pessimistic about the Knicks until the clock reads zero and they win a ring. Just how I am in general. I'm a glass empty person haha

There's no one true way to see this kind of thing. I'm clearly happier now than the 2000's. Doesn't mean I'm optimistic. The players need to be on that optimistic we can do anything we set our mind too stuff. Not the fans. Unless you are gonna get all mystic and talk about the power of collective hope and positive thoughts

Last edited:
^:lol:

People are wired differently. I'll be pessimistic about the Knicks until the clock reads zero and they win a ring. Just how I am in general. I'm a glass empty person haha

There's no one true way to see this kind of thing. I'm clearly happier now than the 2000's. Doesn't mean I'm optimistic. The players need to be on that optimistic we can do anything we set our mind too stuff. Not the fans. Unless you are gonna get all mystic and talk about the power of collective hope and positive thoughts

I respect that Dub but I am more a a glass half full person while still being realistic though. Not sure how long you have been a fan but I can't blame you for feeling the way you do after the past decade of futility, however I do feel there are many great reasons to be hopeful.

I do believe in the power of positive energy though. :D

Last edited:
All out brawl outside the garden, every man for himself, if we win the championship?

Drinks on me after though :pimp:

[h1]Opening Tip: Best first-round matchup?[/h1]April, 9, 2013 11:59 AM ET
By Jared Zwerling | ESPNNewYork.com

Today's Burning Question: Which team is the best matchup for the Knicks in the first round of the playoffs: the Chicago Bulls, Atlanta Hawks or Boston Celtics?

After Tuesday morning's shootaround at the Knicks' training facility, Mike Woodson pointed to those three teams being on his radar.

"Our scouts will come in to New York after our game in Cleveland and we'll start preparing for the playoffs based on possibility of the three teams that we can play," he said. "I think Atlanta, Boston and Chicago. [The scouts] do all the prep work in terms of going out scouting and getting their information back, and then it's our job as the coaching staff to come up with the game plan and put it together."

With that said, here's a look at the good and bad of each playoff matchup:

BULLS

Five advantages:

1. Potentially no Derrick Rose.

2. A potentially unhealthy Joakim Noah, the team's defensive anchor, who missed eight recent games with right plantar fasciitis and just suffered a setback with the injury.

3. A banged-up Richard Hamilton, their veteran midrange shooter, who could miss the rest of the season with a back injury.

4. They're last in the NBA in terms of scoring with just 92.7 points per game (whereas the Knicks are averaging a third-best 104.6 points per game during their 12-game winning streak).

5. The absence of a go-to clutch scorer, especially Carlos Boozer who's known to disappear in the playoffs (not Carmelo Anthony).

Five disadvantages:

1. The potential return of Rose.

2. If Noah plays, the team's bigger and skilled frontline (the Knicks will be missing bigs).

3. Their defensive pedigree and preparation from coach Tom Thibodeau.

4. Their specific coverage on 3-point shooting (the Knicks' overall offensive poison).

5. The United Center's legendary playoff atmosphere.

HAWKS

Five advantages:

1. Woodson coached the team from 2004-10 and knows something about their talent and tendencies.

2. Anthony's love affair with the Philips Arena and his mismatch against Josh Smith (case in point: April 3 scoring 40 points).

3. No standout sixth man Louis Williams (right ACL tear).

4. Their absence of a go-to clutch scorer.

5. Their poor road record (18-21).

Five disadvantages:

1. Some of the players know Woodson's schemes.

2. Their big and skilled frontcourt duo featuring Smith and Al Horford.

3. Their speed at point guard featuring Jeff Teague, Devin Harris and Shelvin Mack (whereas the Knicks are older).

4. Their long-range shooting ability featuring Kyle Korver and John Jenkins.

5. They're an easier opponent that might present a letdown at times (whereas the Bulls and Celtics are more competitive).

CELTICS

Five advantages:

1. No Rajon Rondo (right ACL tear).

2. A potentially unhealthy Kevin Garnett, the team's defensive anchor, who's been recently dealing with left ankle inflammation.

3. Their poor road record (13-25).

4. Their lack of backcourt scoring (whereas the Knicks have plenty of that).

5. Several new and younger pieces, added later in the season, who are still trying to jell together.

Five disadvantages:

1. A potentially healthy Garnett.

2. Paul Pierce's clutch playmaking (the best match to Melo in any of these playoff matchups).

3. Coach Doc Rivers' defensive pedigree and the intense physicality the Celtics would bring to the longtime rivalry series.

4. They're a veteran team that never quits and always seems to play better when they're down in games.

5. The TD Garden's challenging playoff atmosphere.

There's an additional factor that makes one of these three teams the better first-round matchup: playoff inexperience. That would be of the Hawks. The Knicks, on the other hand, only feature three players who haven't been to the postseason (Pablo Prigioni, Chris Copeland and James White).

Back
Top Bottom