and we're done

Loving this win. I think it goes a long way in developing a mentality to never give up, and to know that they're capable of pulling off a comeback. Even if it's against a great team, on the road, and Melo not scoring.

Anyone else notice a drop off in Tyson's defense this year. It looks like a lack of effort, but is he banged up or something? And I made the same analysis about Novak someone else made. Dude will definitely help us to pick up wins against most bummy teams in the regular season, but I can't see him being in our playoff rotation against any legit teams.

Another thing I noticed is the screens Melo and Tyson are setting. These dudes were actually interlocking arms and built a wall :lol:

Avy check. :pimp:

Click here if you want an original picture. Just found this from tumblr.
tumblr_mdke5dmwUF1qdu8tno1_500.jpg

i really hope amare doesn't come back and screw things up. hope it's not even a big deal when he does, hope he just comes back and fits right in. .....

I was at the game. :smh:

Good Game Yall.

You're one of the more rational people here on S&T. I'd love to hear your input on the game tonight. Considering how it was against your team.

From an outside perspective. What are your thoughts on the Knicks as a collective team? Biggest strength/weakness? etc

i really hope amare doesn't come back and screw things up. hope it's not even a big deal when he does, hope he just comes back and fits right in. .....

On the real though, if we keep playing this well and we're a top in our division--Amare has no option but to come off the bench. Let's see how he works with our second unit with about 20-25 mins and take things from there.

Now, if we we're like 3-4th in the division and struggling completely, then I can see how he would back placed into the starting lineup.

Last edited:
Alright Knicks fans...

Let's get these Paypal bets going for the defeat that's awaiting ya'll against them Grizzly Bears tomorrow night....

:nerd:

( Only If Z-Bo ain't suspended )

I think Amare will be fine if we run the P&R with him. If we let him ISO and attempt his BS postmoves, then we'll be in trouble. His defense is shaky too though :/

Why would Z-Bo be suspended?

Like I said earlier, it'll be interesting to see how we play against the bigger teams. No way Melo can play against bigger PF's in the league on a nightly basis.

With the way we rebounded tonight, I wouldn't be surprised if we lost tomorrow. Our defense is what's going to have to bail us out.

I think Amare will be fine if we run the P&R with him. If we let him ISO and attempt his BS postmoves, then we'll be in trouble. His defense is shaky too though :/

If Amare started off the season playing, his defense would've picked up. Everyone else's defense picked up, even JR.

Considering how he hasn't even played a single regular season game, IDK how much of the defensive mindset has rubbed off on Amare. Forget not traveling with the team, dude doesn't even sit on the bench at home games :smh:

I pray to God the postmoves he learned this summer has some sort of effectiveness.

This team got heart something that has been lacking for a while now on the knicks.

Jr has really stepped up this season i really think Woodson's confidence in him has really helped him mature.

But idk if we gonna have enough in the tank tomorrow with marc gasol playing like the best big men in the L.

Melo has to step up offensively if we gonna pull out a W tomotrow night.

GasolWorksPerkins.gif

Who do we have to put on this ?

sick.gif

dam he put perkins in the wash :lol:

i saw that last night and had the yuck face for like 5 minutes

The problem is Chandler's man will cheat off of him because Chandler can't spread the floor and Melo likes to operate in the space that the P&R needs.

This team got heart something that has been lacking for a while now on the knicks.

Jr has really stepped up this season i really think Woodson's confidence in him has really helped him mature.

But idk if we gonna have enough in the tank tomorrow with marc gasol playing like the best big men in the L.

Melo has to step up offensively if we gonna pull out a W tomotrow night.

GasolWorksPerkins.gif

Who do we have to put on this ?

:x

Cot damn that's impressive from a dude that size. Son got moves or he can just power you over.

I was at the game. :smh:

Good Game Yall.

You're one of the more rational people here on S&T. I'd love to hear your input on the game tonight. Considering how it was against your team.

From an outside perspective. What are your thoughts on the Knicks as a collective team? Biggest strength/weakness? etc

Melo only score 9 points and the Knicks still won. :smh:

Yall got a DEEP team. I can see ECF at best. No disrespect. HEAT still the team to beat.

Apparently, the party's over for New York Knicks shooting guard J.R. Smith.

Smith is off to one of the best starts of his nine-year NBA career and on Thursday he cited a cutback in nightlife as one of the key reasons for his success.

"I'm not going to lie. The New York City nightlife pretty much got to me. I was going out pretty much every other night and not focused on the task at hand," a candid Smith told reporters in San Antonio after the Knicks' morning shootaround.

""He's so locked in and focused this year," Tyson Chandler said recently. "He's a different player. He's really matured and he's really buying into what coach is preaching, and it's been a big help."

Widely known as a talented, but maddeningly inconsistent player, Smith has said several times this season that he'd taken a more serious approach to his job over the summer. He worked hard to earn a starting spot with the Knicks and was disappointed when coach Mike Woodson declared he'd be the team's sixth man.

But after talking with some of the veteran Knicks, Smith accepted his role -- and has thrived in it.

He's been the best player not named Carmelo Anthony for the undefeated Knicks, who face the Spurs on Thursday night.

Coach Mike Woodson told reporters in San Antonio that Smith has been more professional this year.

Said Smith: "Every day I'm getting into the gym, getting in as much work as I can. A lot of times previously in my career, I had negative energy coming into the gym, not wanting to be there, joking around, goofing off. This year, it's been more serious. I understand every road trip we take is a work trip, not just a play trip. You come and work hard. If I work hard, maybe the next guy will see me work hard."

"Being around the coaching staff, they're very professional. They've been on me for being professional. They've been on me about being professional since day one I got here," he told reporters in San Antonio

Like I said earlier, it'll be interesting to see how we play against the bigger teams. No way Melo can play against bigger PF's in the league on a nightly basis.
With the way we rebounded tonight, I wouldn't be surprised if we lost tomorrow. Our defense is what's going to have to bail us out.

That fiasco with Perkins yesterday...supposedly they had another altercation in the back after being ejected from the game.

That fiasco with Perkins yesterday...supposedly they had another altercation in the back after being ejected from the game.

Oh, that makes a huge difference then.

Well, if they haven't said anything about that today/tonight, then he'll play tomorrow.

Apparently, the party's over for New York Knicks shooting guard J.R. Smith.
Smith is off to one of the best starts of his nine-year NBA career and on Thursday he cited a cutback in nightlife as one of the key reasons for his success.
"I'm not going to lie. The New York City nightlife pretty much got to me. I was going out pretty much every other night and not focused on the task at hand," a candid Smith told reporters in San Antonio after the Knicks' morning shootaround.
""He's so locked in and focused this year," Tyson Chandler said recently. "He's a different player. He's really matured and he's really buying into what coach is preaching, and it's been a big help."
Widely known as a talented, but maddeningly inconsistent player, Smith has said several times this season that he'd taken a more serious approach to his job over the summer. He worked hard to earn a starting spot with the Knicks and was disappointed when coach Mike Woodson declared he'd be the team's sixth man.
But after talking with some of the veteran Knicks, Smith accepted his role -- and has thrived in it.
He's been the best player not named Carmelo Anthony for the undefeated Knicks, who face the Spurs on Thursday night.
Coach Mike Woodson told reporters in San Antonio that Smith has been more professional this year.
Said Smith: "Every day I'm getting into the gym, getting in as much work as I can. A lot of times previously in my career, I had negative energy coming into the gym, not wanting to be there, joking around, goofing off. This year, it's been more serious. I understand every road trip we take is a work trip, not just a play trip. You come and work hard. If I work hard, maybe the next guy will see me work hard."
"Being around the coaching staff, they're very professional. They've been on me for being professional. They've been on me about being professional since day one I got here," he told reporters in San Antonio
I was reading this earlier. It's quite sad actually. This guy had all the talent and potential in the world coming out of High School. If he was committed and focused since day one, he'd be an all-star. Took his career for granted, guess he's trying to make up for it now.

Back
Top Bottom