and we're done

I have no clue why people continue to stick up for him though. He's one of the worst communicators in sports. He suckers you in with that southern drawl. He's not a nice guy. Very stubborn.

Same reason I have no clue why angry Knicks fans can't let it go. He's gone. He can't hurt you anymore. It's time to heal, Dub.

Who do you guys think we'll play on opener?

Indiana, Miami, Brooklyn or Chicago ?

II say Spurs plays Miami
Brooklyn plays Chicago
We play Brooklyn... maybe Indiana

Last edited:
:wow:..I remember that!!!! dude was going insane with his live stream and what not..

wow hadn't thought of that in quite some time.

Marbury > Your fave PG

Only PG that can average 12-13 dimes and 2-3 assists.
"He can make a layup, shoot a free throw, could make a college 3...

...AND an NBA 3 at a crucial point in the game."
Don't forget he could bring the ball up too.
laugh.gif

That might just be the GOAT professional athlete interview. Both of those joints he did that day in the pink suit were legendary.

Last edited:
nYcHipHopHippo and 10027 already expanded on it, but :lol: @ "living in the past and isn't facing reality of the present". The CURRENT 2x champs Miami Heat have borrowed elements of D'Antoni's offense.

And so have your Knickerbockers.

Woodson meanwhile, insisted he retained a significant amount of D’Antoni’s system while adding his own tweaks, such as making Anthony the focal point. Under D’Antoni, the offense was being run through the since-departed Jeremy Lin.

“I didn’t abandon his offense,” Woodson said. “I’ve taken his offense and I’ve added. We’re still playing open basketball, trying to give guys the freedom to play.

“I’ve used a lot of my offense but I’ve also taken his offense and I’ve tried to expand it. In some things I like to run, like double pick-and-rolls, and triples, and misdirection plays and things of that nature. . . . I like everything about Mike’s offense,” Woodson said. “I really do.

He's definitely changed the way the game is being played today.
I can't accredit all that to Pringles. Especially the Heat. They play the way they play cuz of LeBron. Saying they borrowed elements of his offense is like saying they borrowed elements of the championship Pistons defense. In that sense, everybody is borrowing from everybody and mixing it in to a much better formula to actually win.

Of course Knicks still play similar to when he coached. Our current coach has no real offensive system other than iso and we still lose playing that way, the same way we lost with Pringles.

robert randolph's friday night knicks theme song is as much to blame for our losses as dantoni was when he was coach

What does this mean for MSG?

Steve Hirsch
On Wednesday evening, the New York City Council voted 47-1 in favor of a ten-year limit for Madison Square Garden to operate at its current location.

The New York Times writes “Civic leaders and some developers have long sought to rebuild Penn Station, a cramped and crowded maze for the more than 500,000 people a day who traverse it. But doing so would be an enormously complicated, multibillion-dollar undertaking that has foiled officials in the past. And anything can happen in the next 10 years, including several elections for mayor and governor.

Adam Rotter on SNY’s Rangers Blog discussed an article from the New York Times in February 2012, when Michael Kimmelman wrote that a possible new location for MSG is the site of the Jacob Javits Center on 34th Street and 11th Ave. He noted that Governor Andrew Coumo has proposed that the Javits Center would be knocked down and a new convention center would be built at the Aqueduct Racetrack.

“It would stand at the northern culmination of the completed High Line, and at the doorstep of a redeveloped Hudson Yards, where the new extension of the No. 7 subway line from Times Square will stop,” Kimmelman said.

James Dolan issued the following statement on Wednesday afternoon: “Madison Square Garden has operated at its current site for generations, and has been proud to bring New Yorkers some of the greatest and most iconic moments in sports and entertainment. We now look forward to the reopening of the arena in the fall of 2013.”

Deadspin notes that MSG will have an opportunity to re-apply for a permit to stay in their current location.

If they do this, it would make sense to have something like the S line, except from Penn to the new extension of the 7.

Last edited:
seattle doesnt even deserve a franchise let alone the knicks who have their own fan base and history. they belong in ny

Back
Top Bottom