and we're done

my first assignment for bleacher report is on the brooklyn nets. sorry proph.

You really writing for Bleacher Report, Frank? That's pretty cool. Congratulations.
Thanks Scorp. Yeah, I applied a couple of weeks ago and got into their program last week.

my first assignment for bleacher report is on the brooklyn nets. sorry proph.

Congrats on the Bleacher Report gig my dude! You have to come on a video with me for Nets Daily sometime next season.
Thanks dude. Let me know, that'd be awesome.

pr0ph take johnnyredstorm off the list
0]

Robert Randolph addresses the curse.

Tommy: And now, the question that Knicks fans have all been waiting for. Before this season, the Knicks had never had a winning record on Fridays since you started the job. Many fans started talking about “The Friday Night Knicks Curse”. However, the Knicks went 10-6 on Fridays this past season. How did you improve your game to make this happen? Is the weight of the Knicks community finally off your shoulders?

Randolph: The reason the Knicks were losing, not only on Friday nights but all the time, was because of the sorry coach we had in [Former Knicks’ and current Lakers’ Coach Mike] D’antoni, he has an ego problem. He damaged the careers of Marbury, Eddy Curry and others, tried to do the same thing to Nate Robinson, who we see rose above all of that. And Pau Gasol now that [D’antoni] is on the Lakers… D’antoni should no longer coach NBA basketball

PRIIIIINGLEEEESSSSSSSSS!

Yeah, if it wasn't for Dantoni, Curry would have been an MVP

Last edited:
I just hope they get s nice venue within the city when they make the move. MSG has moved several times. 10 years is plenty time to pick a spot and start building. No reason to end up a team without a home.
D'Antoni is such a polarizing person :lol:
Not really anymore. PPL who still praise his philosophy and coaching style are the guys living in the past and don't face the reality of the present that he hasn't been successful or a winning coach since PHX.

Robert Randolph addresses the curse.

Tommy: And now, the question that Knicks fans have all been waiting for. Before this season, the Knicks had never had a winning record on Fridays since you started the job. Many fans started talking about “The Friday Night Knicks Curse”. However, the Knicks went 10-6 on Fridays this past season. How did you improve your game to make this happen? Is the weight of the Knicks community finally off your shoulders?

Randolph: The reason the Knicks were losing, not only on Friday nights but all the time, was because of the sorry coach we had in [Former Knicks’ and current Lakers’ Coach Mike] D’antoni, he has an ego problem. He damaged the careers of Marbury, Eddy Curry and others, tried to do the same thing to Nate Robinson, who we see rose above all of that. And Pau Gasol now that [D’antoni] is on the Lakers… D’antoni should no longer coach NBA basketball

PRIIIIINGLEEEESSSSSSSSS!
OK, D'Antoni may have sucked, but there is NO WAY that Eddy Curry and Marbury are his fault.  Or Nate Robinson, for that matter.

Knicks fans are great from a loyalty perspective, but they like the worst players 
mean.gif

I just hope they get s nice venue within the city when they make the move. MSG has moved several times. 10 years is plenty time to pick a spot and start building. No reason to end up a team without a home.
D'Antoni is such a polarizing person :lol:
Not really anymore. PPL who still praise his philosophy and coaching style are the guys living in the past and don't face the reality of the present that he hasn't been successful or a winning coach since PHX.

many teams run evolved styles of his offense.

even someone who was considered as the most conservative in Pop took a D'antoni inspired offense and should have upset the heat this year.

pushing the ball, playing 1 big, pick and roll, spacing the floor, and shooting plenty of 3s.

Last edited:
He definitely changed the NBA game for the better- brought us out of the Dark Ages of Nets, Pistons, Spurs making the finals scoring in the 80s.

His tenure on the Knicks did end in disaster though.  And his tenure on the Lakers has been a TREMENDOUS disaster.

nYcHipHopHippo and 10027 already expanded on it, but
laugh.gif
@ "living in the past and isn't facing reality of the present". The CURRENT 2x champs Miami Heat have borrowed elements of D'Antoni's offense.

And so have your Knickerbockers.
Woodson meanwhile, insisted he retained a significant amount of D’Antoni’s system while adding his own tweaks, such as making Anthony the focal point. Under D’Antoni, the offense was being run through the since-departed Jeremy Lin.

“I didn’t abandon his offense,” Woodson said. “I’ve taken his offense and I’ve added. We’re still playing open basketball, trying to give guys the freedom to play.

“I’ve used a lot of my offense but I’ve also taken his offense and I’ve tried to expand it. In some things I like to run, like double pick-and-rolls, and triples, and misdirection plays and things of that nature. . . . I like everything about Mike’s offense,” Woodson said. “I really do.
He's definitely changed the way the game is being played today.

Last edited:
You guys are taking it too serious. The fact that he was asked about the curse is what cracked me up.

He definitley takes blame with Marbury to a point. That was some personal **** between them.

I have no clue why people continue to stick up for him though. He's one of the worst communicators in sports. He suckers you in with that southern drawl. He's not a nice guy. Very stubborn.

Borrowing elements. In other words tweaking the system and making it work? Caring about defense? Not throwing players under the bus over and over?

This loser threw pau under the bus in a week. **** outa here with this roster **** already. It's disgusting.

Last edited:
D'Antoni IS stubborn, but he did change the system during the season.

And Pau was not innocent himself. Besides dealing with cold shooting and injuries, he was pretty underwhelming this season until the end of the season. And he was absolute garbage the game he got benched vs the Grizzlies. He was getting punked that night.

Last edited:
Well I think every one of his coaches had "personal issues" with Marbury. The man was a damn fool...

Ill accept this though, didn't mean to bring bad memories into your thread:

F Marbury

F Eddie Curry

F D'Antoni

Lets not bring up those idiots again please :D

^^ No worries, I just don't want to see this thread go into the past....

The Knick fans in here should be hyped about next season, we have a lot to look forward to IMO.....

Back
Top Bottom