and we're done

^Man I'll take 40 games from Amar'e if is healthy and ready to go at the start of the playoffs.

I didn't watch tonights summer league game but I have liked what I have seen from Toure Murray and Jeremy Tyler. I am intirgued to see if they will get training camp invites and make the squad. The Knicks are supposedly high on Murray. I think he has a legit shot to be the 3rd PG assuming we don't get an Aaron Brooks on the cheap.

I like what i'm seeing out of Jeremy Tyler, but he's just too raw for the NBA. Everything he does looks rushed and he looks like he gets frustrated very easily. I'd rather see Terrence Jennings make the team over Tyler.

i dont really get people saying bargnani should play SF

unless you're playing PG in which you're bringing the ball up and dictating what happens, you basically just go out on the floor and play your game.

Melo was at the 4 last season because we played him with 3 guards and a center, and by default PFs had to match up with him which meant he had a mismatch much of the time

if melo, chandler, and bargnani are on the floor at the same time, the opposing PF will guard Bargnani. and melo will always want to catch the ball and operate from the mid-post area whether he's on the floor with one big or 2. the only time playing bargnani as a 3 while melo is a 4 matters is if you're playing nba 2k and wanna mess up the other persons defensive matchups.

Last edited:
This Knicks summer league team sucks balls. They getting blasted in the ***.
I'm sayin dudes was ready to trade him for Jared Dudley :smh:

Dog, I totally forgot about that. I just remember cats bashing him on some he'll never be the same tip (after like 2 bad games). But now I remember the multiple pages of debating trading him for Dudley. Like, cats were actually debating it. SMH. And I'd have to agree, somehow we ended up better. Its only surprising because of how restricted we were. I really hope Amare can play 60 games man. Just give us 60.
Jared Dudley and JJ Reddick. Still grinds my gears.:stoneface:

Last edited:
I think Nolan wanted Dudley too. :lol:

Iman draws Dolan’s, Woody’s ire for early summer league exit

By MARC BERMAN
Last Updated: 7:32 AM, July 18, 2013

Whether Knicks owner James Dolan has forever soured on Iman Shumpert is unsubstantiated. What is crystal clear is Knicks coach Mike Woodson preferred Iman Shumpert had played more than just one game in the Las Vegas summer league.

Shumpert arrived late and left early. The summer league was sandwiched between two non-Knick events. One was the basketball camp Shumpert runs in his hometown of Oak Park, Ill., which kids pay to attend. The second was an NBA-sponsored trip China to be a league ambassador.

The organization wanted to look at Shumpert at point guard, but didn’t get a long look. Starting at point guard alongside rookie Tim Hardaway Jr., Shumpert, playing with his high-top dyed blond in the front, was 0-for-5 from the field with four turnovers and four assists in the summer-league opener last Friday.

Then it was Adios Las Vegas.

Woodson said upon Shumpert’s departure the Knicks combo guard had “a prior commitment,’’ referring to China. Woodson then gave a pointed critique of Shumpert’s offensive game, saying the Knicks coaches would work with him in earnest when he returned July 26 because he “has a long ways to go.’’

The Shumpert issue took an even more bizarre twist yesterday with a YouTube video that surfaced in which ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith made an off-the-cuff, off-the-air remark to Dwight Howard during a taping, indicating Dolan was unhappy with Shumpert’s summer league.

“And by the way, [James] Dolan was ready to trade [Shumpert] because he didn’t want to work out in the summer league,’’ Smith said to Howard, according to the videotape.

Smith added to Howard, “Dolan’s talking about trading him. I said, ‘Trade who? You better hold on to that boy. You better not lose Iman Shumpert.’ That boy can play.”

Smith addressed the video on his ESPN radio show yesterday and said he heard Dolan felt that way before the summer league began an doesn’t believe the Knicks owner still feels that way because Shumpert showed up in Las Vegas.

After Shumpert bolted town, Woodson said the guard needed to improve his offensive repertoire. With the possibility of J.R. Smith missing the start of the season because of knee surgery, the Knicks appear desperate for Shumpert to emerge as their secondary scorer while also dabbling at point guard.

The Knicks are still searching for a third point guard via free agency. Aaron Brooks, Sebastian Telfair and Euroleaguer Bobby Brown are on their radar but they may just roll the dice with summer league standout Toure Murry.

“We’re going to develop [Shumpert] as the summer goes along,’’ Woodson said. “There’s a lot of individual things he’s got to learn from a skill standpoint to better his game. He’s been good the last few years. He still has a ways to go in terms of things we expect him to do for us.

“He’s got to develop go-to moves where he can score the basketball and get shots,’’ Woodson added. “Defensively, I like everything about him. Offensively, he has to learn to play with the basketball, get players off and get and make shots for himself.’’

When Shumpert had a slow start upon his return last January, the Knicks were listening to trade offers, with Phoenix offering Jared Dudley. Shumpert had a strong finish to the season and it would seem highly unlikely they will trade him — unless it brings them Boston’s Rajon Rondo.

Shumpert said in Vegas he was not there against his will. Some fans were upset Shumpert was forced to play summer league, fearing he may reinjure his knee.

“I’m here with a smile,’’ Shumpert said. “I’m not here with angry eyes. I’m happy to be healthy.’’

Despite entering his third season, Shumpert had never played summer league. The lockout wiped out summer league when he was a rookie and he was rehabbing his ACL tear last July.

“I can get hurt working out by myself in the gym,’’ Shumpert said before the opener. “I’m not thinking about me getting hurt.’’

[email protected]

Last edited:
LL

Who's copping the Laker M10?

Seems like Jordan Brand really out of ideas and invention, They really need some new direction, Only so long you can bring out re-releases

The shoes are made for playing basketball tho. I'm sure when melo put his feet in the shoes they serve their purpose.
We got better, Kidd was highly underrated wish he stayed n didn't become a coach.
**** the summer league

A) I'd give Murray a shot. Tyler also but he still needs more work

B) Artest isn't the same defender he was in the past, his lateral quickness is gone but he'll still be a contributor on defense due to his quick hands and being very disciplined. He has a tendency to take a lot of threes also so hopefully with all our options he'll tone it down

C) Shumpert at PG isn't doing him or the team any favors. He's not a PG. Let him work at using his athleticism and getting and finishing at the rim. And I would trade him for Rondo if the opportunity presented itself.

D) I'm happy Kidd is gone :lol:

Last edited:
I'm sure Melo can get some shoes to perform well without looking like total crap....

But anyway on to more imporatant things....

I hear the Knicks and Kenyon are close.... If true..... :pimp:

Just need another big body and a backup backup PG and we are set!

I'd roll with this team against anyone with our current lineup when healthy.....

If Amare can come close to his Allstar form from years ago that would be a bonus but I am not holding my breath...

RT @JaredZwerling Sources: PF/C Austin Daye, and PGs Bobby Brown, Darius Morris and Brooklyn's Quincy Douby have worked out for #Knicks this week in Vegas.

I'd take Daye and Baron.

Last edited:
Would any of you guys want Jared Jeffries back?? He is a free agent I don't think he did bad his 2nd time around with the Knicks but I am unsure how you guys feel....

Back
Top Bottom