And people wonder why the World hates the United States....

According to his fellow soldiers, Holmes took to carrying the finger with him in a zip-lock bag. "He wanted to keep the finger forever and wanted to dry it out," one of his friends would later report. "He was proud of his finger."

laugh.gif
These dudes were deranged lunatics.
Reminds me of Cleon from Dead Presidents

600px-1911A1Cleon.jpg

According to his fellow soldiers, Holmes took to carrying the finger with him in a zip-lock bag. "He wanted to keep the finger forever and wanted to dry it out," one of his friends would later report. "He was proud of his finger."

laugh.gif
These dudes were deranged lunatics.
Reminds me of Cleon from Dead Presidents

600px-1911A1Cleon.jpg

Originally Posted by VA757VA

man i seen worse in afghanistan..i recall once outside a british fob(forward operating base) there were dead bodies just stacked on top of one another.... staggared like bricks...maybe 8-10 of them...personally,i think it was the locals that did it becAUSe we were in a pretty hot sport (helman province) and literally there were shootouts and airstrikes every day..

for those calling ducktaled or question my validity i did three years at bragg 1/508 PIR (parachute infantry regime) 82 Airborne..

was a mechanic btw,not infantry..

I did a tour back in the sadaam days. I will say this tho it isnt just the military acts that make ppl not like americans. Its our overall cultures, the way we treat one another, things displayed in the media etc. I was at the time 21E construction engineer. Just being over there i notice how america kinda forces it beliefs and way of life on others, that and treat ppl of other cultures etc like foreigners. Some of the guys I was with acted like the ppl are wrong in the way they live life, and should adjust to our ways. Or even call them foreigners. Like how you gonna be the minority, and treat the majority like minority?

Originally Posted by VA757VA

man i seen worse in afghanistan..i recall once outside a british fob(forward operating base) there were dead bodies just stacked on top of one another.... staggared like bricks...maybe 8-10 of them...personally,i think it was the locals that did it becAUSe we were in a pretty hot sport (helman province) and literally there were shootouts and airstrikes every day..

for those calling ducktaled or question my validity i did three years at bragg 1/508 PIR (parachute infantry regime) 82 Airborne..

was a mechanic btw,not infantry..

I did a tour back in the sadaam days. I will say this tho it isnt just the military acts that make ppl not like americans. Its our overall cultures, the way we treat one another, things displayed in the media etc. I was at the time 21E construction engineer. Just being over there i notice how america kinda forces it beliefs and way of life on others, that and treat ppl of other cultures etc like foreigners. Some of the guys I was with acted like the ppl are wrong in the way they live life, and should adjust to our ways. Or even call them foreigners. Like how you gonna be the minority, and treat the majority like minority?

this is why the government dubs recent soldiers returning from war 'most dangerous'

this is why the government dubs recent soldiers returning from war 'most dangerous'

Originally Posted by bboy1827

Even though I know this post will get overlooked;I grew up in a military family, in a military town. This is a result of "group think"moreso than it is a result of the military. Group think is more prevalent in the military because if you don't follow the group you will die(socially, but in the case of war literally). Imagine you are in the middle of nowhere with people you barely know, but you have a common enemy. One of them says "hey we should take pics of this dead terrorist" then that idea snowballs. Go ahead take your high roads of "I would have stood up and said that was wrong" nice theory, nice ideal; but based on the state of affairs in America...hell even this board, most people aren't dissenters. One persons bad idea leads to a group of peoples bad idea.

Great post. And while I don't condone what they did AT ALL, there is also no telling what my mind set would be after being over there for long periods of time.

Even though I know this post will get overlooked;I grew up in a military family, in a military town. This is a result of "group think"moreso than it is a result of the military. Group think is more prevalent in the military because if you don't follow the group you will die(socially, but in the case of war literally). Imagine you are in the middle of nowhere with people you barely know, but you have a common enemy. One of them says "hey we should take pics of this dead terrorist" then that idea snowballs. Go ahead take your high roads of "I would have stood up and said that was wrong" nice theory, nice ideal; but based on the state of affairs in America...hell even this board, most people aren't dissenters. One persons bad idea leads to a group of peoples bad idea.

Great post. And while I don't condone what they did AT ALL, there is also no telling what my mind set would be after being over there for long periods of time.

citizen_kane_clapping_gif_RE_If_The_Internet_Suddenly_Disappeared_How_Wed_Get_Laid-s480x360-132744.gif

citizen_kane_clapping_gif_RE_If_The_Internet_Suddenly_Disappeared_How_Wed_Get_Laid-s480x360-132744.gif

Because cruelty and inappropriate behavior in the military is a strictly American phenomenon. Right.

Because cruelty and inappropriate behavior in the military is a strictly American phenomenon. Right.

This is sad, but so is war or any act of violence to achieve an understanding of your views on what is free or not free. Don't blame the soldiers although they were clearly in the wrong, blame the country who put them in that position. I am sure this has been stated many times in the thread but I don't think arguing over their actions is going to stop what's going on, I feel like actions like this are going to propel the people who want an end to this madness to finally stand up to our government and say no more.

This is sad, but so is war or any act of violence to achieve an understanding of your views on what is free or not free. Don't blame the soldiers although they were clearly in the wrong, blame the country who put them in that position. I am sure this has been stated many times in the thread but I don't think arguing over their actions is going to stop what's going on, I feel like actions like this are going to propel the people who want an end to this madness to finally stand up to our government and say no more.

Ok what is SOOO bad about the routine picture?

1.Its just one crazy soldier who got some power.
2.Don't act like no other country who was EVER at war never did anything like this.
3. WHO SNITCHING by showing the press these photos, thats a barrack style *@* whooping needed

Ok what is SOOO bad about the routine picture?

1.Its just one crazy soldier who got some power.
2.Don't act like no other country who was EVER at war never did anything like this.
3. WHO SNITCHING by showing the press these photos, thats a barrack style *@* whooping needed

Back
Top Bottom