And people wonder why the World hates the United States....

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

War in itself is primitive. Think about it, it's basically a flexing competition consisting of whose arms are stronger and can do more damage to their opponent, so it's no surprise that something as primitive as war can bring out human beings' primal nature, when %#$+ hits the fan we are but mere animals.
Fortunately, the Geneva Conventions have been established. And these soldiers are in clear violation.

Protocol I, Article 34:
1. The remains of persons who have died for reasons related to occupation or in detention resulting from occupation or hostilities and those or persons not nationals of the country in which they have died as a result of hostilities shall be respected, and the gravesites of all such persons shall be respected, maintained and marked as provided for in Article 130 of the Fourth Convention, where their remains or gravesites would not receive more favourable consideration under the Conventions and this Protocol.
Protocol I, Article 51:
1. The civilian population and individual civilians shall enjoy general protection against dangers arising from military operations. To give effect to this protection, the following rules, which are additional to other applicable rules of international law, shall be observed in all circumstances.

2. The civilian population as such, as well as individual civilians, shall not be the object of attack. Acts or threats of violence the primary purpose of which is to spread terror among the civilian population are prohibited.

3. Civilians shall enjoy the protection afforded by this section, unless and for such time as they take a direct part in hostilities.

4. Indiscriminate attacks are prohibited. Indiscriminate attacks are:
(a) those which are not directed at a specific military objective;
(b) those which employ a method or means of combat which cannot be directed at a specific military objective; or
(c) those which employ a method or means of combat the effects of which cannot be limited as required by this Protocol;

and consequently, in each such case, are of a nature to strike military objectives and civilians or civilian objects without distinction.

5. Among others, the following types of attacks are to be considered as indiscriminate:
(a) an attack by bombardment by any methods or means which treats as a single military objective a number of clearly separated and distinct military objectives located in a city, town, village or other area containing a similar concentration of civilians or civilian objects;

and

(b) an attack which may be expected to cause incidental loss of civilian life, injury to civilians, damage to civilian objects, or a combination thereof, which would be excessive in relation to the concrete and direct military advantage anticipated.

6. Attacks against the civilian population or civilians by way of reprisals are prohibited.

7. The presence or movements of the civilian population or individual civilians shall not be used to render certain points or areas immune from military operations, in particular in attempts to shield military objectives from attacks or to shield, favour or impede military operations. The Parties to the conflict shall not direct the movement of the civilian population or individual civilians in order to attempt to shield military objectives from attacks or to shield military operations.

8. Any violation of these prohibitions shall not release the Parties to the conflict from their legal obligations with respect to the civilian population and civilians, including the obligation to take the precautionary measures provided for in Article 57.

Originally Posted by egaroc1

Originally Posted by rashi

I can't believe most of you are so surprised.

The military purposely recruits D Bags like this, because they know people like this don't think and can careless. Look at the boys that come back to REALITY and don't know what to do with themselves. They train teenagers, brainwash them, give them guns, and drop them into a sand box. What do you expect?

mad.gif

you are some real ignorant %#$@# to believe yourself.
If it wasnt for D bags like (what you called me and my fellow brothers in arms) me, your kids wouldnt be able to live in this FREE country. Sure it got its fault but there is NO perfect country let alone all perfect citizens or even military personnel. 

I love the military and I served in Iraq (OIF 1&2) and Afghan (OEF 07-08) and do this so my sons dont have to do what i do.

your welcome from your fellow D bag. 
wink.gif

Stop it. I know that this is the propaganda they want you to believe.

You are telling me that I'm suppose to be proud of this government sending hundreds of thousands of troops to foreign lands to kill people that live in caves and shacks AFTER this government created what they are fighting?

"I wouldn't be able to live FREE."
roll.gif

I'm more afraid of IRS than I'm afraid of people that live in caves half way around the world.
laugh.gif

The military purposely recruits D Bags like this, because they know people like this don't think and can careless. Look at the boys that come back to REALITY and don't know what to do with themselves. They train teenagers, brainwash them, give them guns, and drop them into a sand box. What do you expect?

mad.gif

If it wasnt for D bags like (what you called me and my fellow brothers in arms) me, your kids wouldnt be able to live in this FREE country. Sure it got its fault but there is NO perfect country let alone all perfect citizens or even military personnel. 

I love the military and I served in Iraq (OIF 1&2) and Afghan (OEF 07-08) and do this so my sons dont have to do what i do.

wink.gif

Stop it. I know that this is the propaganda they want you to believe.

You are telling me that I'm suppose to be proud of this government sending hundreds of thousands of troops to foreign lands to kill people that live in caves and shacks AFTER this government created what they are fighting?

"I wouldn't be able to live FREE."
roll.gif

I'm more afraid of IRS than I'm afraid of people that live in caves half way around the world.
laugh.gif

mad.gif

wink.gif

If you love it why dont you want your sons to do it?Second, why were you forced to do something you dont want to do? Was there a draft?

mad.gif

wink.gif

If you love it why dont you want your sons to do it?Second, why were you forced to do something you dont want to do? Was there a draft?

Even though I know this post will get overlooked;I grew up in a military family, in a military town. This is a result of "group think"moreso than it is a result of the military. Group think is more prevalent in the military because if you don't follow the group you will die(socially, but in the case of war literally). Imagine you are in the middle of nowhere with people you barely know, but you have a common enemy. One of them says "hey we should take pics of this dead terrorist" then that idea snowballs. Go ahead take your high roads of "I would have stood up and said that was wrong" nice theory, nice ideal; but based on the state of affairs in America...hell even this board, most people aren't dissenters. One persons bad idea leads to a group of peoples bad idea.

Even though I know this post will get overlooked;I grew up in a military family, in a military town. This is a result of "group think"moreso than it is a result of the military. Group think is more prevalent in the military because if you don't follow the group you will die(socially, but in the case of war literally). Imagine you are in the middle of nowhere with people you barely know, but you have a common enemy. One of them says "hey we should take pics of this dead terrorist" then that idea snowballs. Go ahead take your high roads of "I would have stood up and said that was wrong" nice theory, nice ideal; but based on the state of affairs in America...hell even this board, most people aren't dissenters. One persons bad idea leads to a group of peoples bad idea.

Originally Posted by bboy1827

One persons bad idea leads to a group of peoples bad idea.

right, and we're not even at risk of dying every second we're on this board....

being over there warps your perception of reality

if you already had sociopathic thoughts, that's just going to intensify it.

those who never thought they could do "those" things, over there, dont even realize its disgusting...

like i said, these dudes prolly seen their best friend in the army end up like that....

i have a couple boys over there, and i feel for them everyday...i just want my dudes to come back sane.

Originally Posted by bboy1827

One persons bad idea leads to a group of peoples bad idea.

right, and we're not even at risk of dying every second we're on this board....

being over there warps your perception of reality

if you already had sociopathic thoughts, that's just going to intensify it.

those who never thought they could do "those" things, over there, dont even realize its disgusting...

like i said, these dudes prolly seen their best friend in the army end up like that....

i have a couple boys over there, and i feel for them everyday...i just want my dudes to come back sane.

Some of you are stereotyping all our soldiers into this group?

You think all of these guys are over there killing women and children and having fun getting in firefights and watching their friends die?

They're the scum of society?

Man... I'd love to see some of you spending a day in their boots, let alone a year or 2 years like they spend in some of the most hostile environments on this planet.

Some of you are stereotyping all our soldiers into this group?

You think all of these guys are over there killing women and children and having fun getting in firefights and watching their friends die?

They're the scum of society?

Man... I'd love to see some of you spending a day in their boots, let alone a year or 2 years like they spend in some of the most hostile environments on this planet.

I posted this earlier today and the Administrators CENSORED my thread and deleted it.

yeah nt been on its regime for like 3 years….
madd heads got snipped tryna fight the power...

I posted this earlier today and the Administrators CENSORED my thread and deleted it.

yeah nt been on its regime for like 3 years….
madd heads got snipped tryna fight the power...

I'm not familiar with the statistics, but every person that I know of that has chosen to go into the military, let's say, aren't anywhere near the top 25% of their class....

They offer incentives, the biggest one being paying for your education once you return. Propaganda is rampant and often so obvious and corny (i.e. "Battle: LA"). I can see why all these men are so easily swayed...sucks.

I'm not familiar with the statistics, but every person that I know of that has chosen to go into the military, let's say, aren't anywhere near the top 25% of their class....

They offer incentives, the biggest one being paying for your education once you return. Propaganda is rampant and often so obvious and corny (i.e. "Battle: LA"). I can see why all these men are so easily swayed...sucks.

Originally Posted by heirjordan15

Statistics on Military Personal

Article on Military Demographics

Originally Posted by heirjordan15

Statistics on Military Personal

Article on Military Demographics

Back
Top Bottom