Americans Are Fat AF

Obesity in America at 'historic' levels

Between the most recent National Health and Nutrition
Examination Survey (2015– 2016) and the 1988–1994 survey, there has been an extraordinary increase in the adult obesity rate of more than 70 percent and an increase in a childhood obesity rate of 85 percent.

TFAH defines obesity in the report as an individual with a Body Mass Index of 30 or above.

The report said that as of the latest data in 2016, nearly 40 percent of American adults are considered obese. 18.5% of children and teens are reported as obese.

New 2018 data from the Behavioral RiskFactor Surveillance System (BRFSS) show that adult obesity rates across the United States are continuing to climb. In 2018, nine states had adult obesity rates above 35 percent—including Kentucky, Missouri, and North Dakota for the first time—and more than half of adults in every state were either overweight or had obesity.

But while obesity rates have reached an all-time high for the nation as a whole, the report says that certain racial groups have been hit harder by obesity.

The report indicates that obesity rates are higher in certain populations where social and economic conditions contribute to persistent health inequities—almost half of Latino (47 percent) and
African American (46.8 percent) adults had obesity in 2015–2016, which is 24 percent higher than Caucasians (37.9 percent)

https://www.wfmj.com/story/41041038/report-obesity-in-america-at-historic-levels

I've been reading about obesity being a problem for years and years. About 10 plus years ago, I would say it was somewhat of an overexaggeration. Now, I just catch myself observing how much of an issue it is. It seems like one out of three people are fat AF. And that's in LA.

How is the obesity epidemic in your area? Are you gonna pass down the eating habits you were given as a child?

I was a chubby kid... Once I grew up and was able to make healthy choices and took my physique serious, I was able to get lean.

Many people in this country are poor as ****, so a lot of people don't have a choice. It's easy to say "eat healthy" but if you're low-income, it's damn near impossible to eat anything but processed crap.

I was a chubby kid... Once I grew up and was able to make healthy choices and took my physique serious, I was able to get lean.

A lot of people don't have a choice though. It's easy to say "eat healthy" but if you're low-income, it's damn near impossible to eat anything but processed crap.
Truth. Kraft Mac and cheese and lunchables ain't the wave

I been eating Buddha bowls and a ton of veggie lately. Never felt better after a meal. Get off ya fat *** America eat some plants.

BMI is not even an accurate measurement since it is is sevearreally outdated. It doesn't account for muscle mass at all. Someone like me who's 5'3 and 285 lbs is considered obese but I'm not since I'm a powerlifter.
I was gonna mention that but it's safe to assume that most Americans are active enough for this to be considered. Individually, sure. We fat out here

T

They do for me.
But it’s hella expensive and it’s theres no vegan/vegetarian options near my crib.
Do you lift weights? Just curious. I literally wouldn't be able to do it. My maintenance levels are too high and like you said, it'll cost some money

All a plan to emasculate the black man?
Every man, period. There's so many soy boys out there, even Arnold in this video posted two days ago

It's the media's/hollywood fad. Why else is there such this hard push on soy products now along with pushing this homosexual agenda in our faces like in the latest It movie. They're trying to emasculate all men

Back
Top Bottom