Am I in the wrong here?

Originally Posted by p charm

go to a place with TVs

edit: 1000th post!

smart man
pimp.gif

Which restaurant did your GF reserve a table for?

But try Buffalo Wild Wings for your birthday.  You get to spend time with your girl and watch the game on the screens.  Then you can probably discuss the game with her if you like.  Both ends achieved.

Which restaurant did your GF reserve a table for?

But try Buffalo Wild Wings for your birthday.  You get to spend time with your girl and watch the game on the screens.  Then you can probably discuss the game with her if you like.  Both ends achieved.

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Originally Posted by drop knee 101

Originally Posted by Diego

This board is full of simps, and the females taking her side just show how selfish women can be even on HIS birthday.

Its HIS birthday, should they do something HE wants to do or something she wants to do? I dont know about you guys but if people are going to go out of their way for MY bday I would like for it to be something that I want.

Birthday sex? Theres 364 other days out of the year to have good sex. This shouldnt be limited to birthdays.
laugh.gif
at you for confusing being a simp for being a logical dude.

we're talking about the damn cavs vs heat game
laugh.gif

Any guys who's into sports knows this is no ordinary game. Easily the biggest game of the year in pretty much all sports outside of title games/series. It's a Thursday, which is a night almost all my friends go out. All of them are staying home to watch this game.

Same. I'm staying in for this exact reason.
OP it's YOUR birthday. Spend it how you want.

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Originally Posted by drop knee 101

Originally Posted by Diego

This board is full of simps, and the females taking her side just show how selfish women can be even on HIS birthday.

Its HIS birthday, should they do something HE wants to do or something she wants to do? I dont know about you guys but if people are going to go out of their way for MY bday I would like for it to be something that I want.

Birthday sex? Theres 364 other days out of the year to have good sex. This shouldnt be limited to birthdays.
laugh.gif
at you for confusing being a simp for being a logical dude.

we're talking about the damn cavs vs heat game
laugh.gif

Any guys who's into sports knows this is no ordinary game. Easily the biggest game of the year in pretty much all sports outside of title games/series. It's a Thursday, which is a night almost all my friends go out. All of them are staying home to watch this game.

Same. I'm staying in for this exact reason.
OP it's YOUR birthday. Spend it how you want.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by CJ616

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

but this game is really important to me
Why?

and

More important than your relationship?
You must be a woman asking why this game is important.

laugh.gif

And I don't know what restaurant she reserved... She wouldn't tell me. I asked her if the restaurant had TVs and she said no... She said, just as I had guessed, it's one of those fancy-@%@ restaurants with no TVs...
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by CJ616

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

but this game is really important to me
Why?

and

More important than your relationship?
You must be a woman asking why this game is important.

laugh.gif

And I don't know what restaurant she reserved... She wouldn't tell me. I asked her if the restaurant had TVs and she said no... She said, just as I had guessed, it's one of those fancy-@%@ restaurants with no TVs...
30t6p3b.gif

But all jokes aside, like others have said, in a perfect world you would want a woman that understands how important it was but you did kind of dig yourself in a whole by not watching games because of her. Any girl I know understands how much ball means to me, so you have to leave her alone some in the beginning just so she can know that, "Ok when he wants his ball, let him have his ball."

So she really can say, "Well you cancelled watching games before, why not do it today. It is just a game." So I will say this is your fault. Plus you have to have her into ball as well so SHE can know how important of a game this is.

Just a few suggestions, but if this was a movie, you would be the jerk easily.

But all jokes aside, like others have said, in a perfect world you would want a woman that understands how important it was but you did kind of dig yourself in a whole by not watching games because of her. Any girl I know understands how much ball means to me, so you have to leave her alone some in the beginning just so she can know that, "Ok when he wants his ball, let him have his ball."

So she really can say, "Well you cancelled watching games before, why not do it today. It is just a game." So I will say this is your fault. Plus you have to have her into ball as well so SHE can know how important of a game this is.

Just a few suggestions, but if this was a movie, you would be the jerk easily.

Easy answer. Stay home and watch the game. I can't believe how many dudes are saying OP is in the wrong, he should just go to dinner, etc.

Yes, it was a nice gesture on her part, but she should be the one to bite the bullet in this instance, and let OP do what he wants for HIS birthday. It's not like OP is passing up on dinner to hang with his boys, go out somewhere else, etc.

Dude is staying in to watch a bball game.

..in which I'm sure he wouldn't mind if his girl was there to join him.

Order take out. Watch the game, my man.

Whatever happens, happens.

Easy answer. Stay home and watch the game. I can't believe how many dudes are saying OP is in the wrong, he should just go to dinner, etc.

Yes, it was a nice gesture on her part, but she should be the one to bite the bullet in this instance, and let OP do what he wants for HIS birthday. It's not like OP is passing up on dinner to hang with his boys, go out somewhere else, etc.

Dude is staying in to watch a bball game.

..in which I'm sure he wouldn't mind if his girl was there to join him.

Order take out. Watch the game, my man.

Whatever happens, happens.

some comedian i was watching was talking about this...

he was saying how everytime its a guys bday he ends up doing everything his girl wants to do and it just ends up becoming another celebration for her
laugh.gif

some comedian i was watching was talking about this...

he was saying how everytime its a guys bday he ends up doing everything his girl wants to do and it just ends up becoming another celebration for her
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

id also like to know how many of these people on here saying go to dinner actually have a successful, fulfilling relationship currently ...
I'm dating some females here and there. Haven't found anyone yet that I could begin a new relationship with.

I already switched up my answer after reading about his chick having issues with him on a regular day of watching the games. I acknowledge that it's OP's birthday and he has every right to celebrate how he wants to. However compromise in a relationship is always key. Considering she's not really compromising on his part, it's majority her bad. But I still think OP, is lucky enough to have someone still be considerate in planning something for his birthday.

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

id also like to know how many of these people on here saying go to dinner actually have a successful, fulfilling relationship currently ...
I'm dating some females here and there. Haven't found anyone yet that I could begin a new relationship with.

I already switched up my answer after reading about his chick having issues with him on a regular day of watching the games. I acknowledge that it's OP's birthday and he has every right to celebrate how he wants to. However compromise in a relationship is always key. Considering she's not really compromising on his part, it's majority her bad. But I still think OP, is lucky enough to have someone still be considerate in planning something for his birthday.

how would you feel if your gf didn't want to go out with you because she wanted to see the cavs/heat game? think about that!

how would you feel if your gf didn't want to go out with you because she wanted to see the cavs/heat game? think about that!

Spending time with your significant other > Not spending time with your significant other on special occasions like today, his birthday

Does it have to be at a restaurant for a surprise dinner?

Why can't it be in front of a TV with a bball game on?

Like I said OP, invite her to join you, and order take out. If she doesn't show up, cut her loose.

Onto the next one.

Spending time with your significant other > Not spending time with your significant other on special occasions like today, his birthday

Does it have to be at a restaurant for a surprise dinner?

Why can't it be in front of a TV with a bball game on?

Like I said OP, invite her to join you, and order take out. If she doesn't show up, cut her loose.

Onto the next one.

Back
Top Bottom