Am I in the wrong here?

On a message board where dudes constantly complain about not being able to find a good girl out here, OP has a girl that did/tried to do something special on HIS birthday and you dudes want to encourage him to watch the game instead??  You dudes are funny.  OP, your girl planned a surprise dinner for you, and even to be fair on her part she should have had the thought in the back of her mind that something could go wrong with this surprise she decided to treat you to something nice on your birthday, whether you were expecting it or not.  That alone shows that she at least cares alot about you which is something that alot of these dudes on here don't even have with their own girl.  Not to mention that she might have had something else special planned for you later on after dinner as well, maybe a night in a hotel room, and then a special lingerie outfit for you in the room, etc.  Either way it appears that you may know not how it might have went because you'll be watching the game.

Trust me, I know how big tonight is as far as the game.  I called up all my boys and we are watching the game at Buffalo Wild Wings, just for drinks and the atmosphere as it's going to be a game that is talked about for days.  Even with that being said, I think you would have remembered tonight with your girl and whatever else you two were/will be doing tonight versus watching the Heat and Cavs.  Anything that you miss from the game, highlights or Lebron getting hit with beer bottles will be shown on ESPN and other outlets over, over, and over again, trust me that you won't be missing much.  Go out with your girl. 

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Just simply cuz we're always hanging out. It's not just one thing. We could be going out, chilling at my place, her place, etc.

And when we chill at my place, she gets pissy when I try to turn a game on...
30t6p3b.gif
1. How old are you guys ?
2. Sounds like you guys are not for each other.

I'm 21. She's 22.

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Just simply cuz we're always hanging out. It's not just one thing. We could be going out, chilling at my place, her place, etc.

And when we chill at my place, she gets pissy when I try to turn a game on...
30t6p3b.gif
1. How old are you guys ?
2. Sounds like you guys are not for each other.

I'm 21. She's 22.

Final thought on this...I remember one time i was trying to go bad to a Mos Def concert but she wanted dinner instead at a nice restaurant, lets just say I didnt go to the concert. But I believe you should go with your girl, and dl the game online or something, or like i said earlier...go out at 10, its not that late to do something nice, or ask her to go tomorrow and do something.

Final thought on this...I remember one time i was trying to go bad to a Mos Def concert but she wanted dinner instead at a nice restaurant, lets just say I didnt go to the concert. But I believe you should go with your girl, and dl the game online or something, or like i said earlier...go out at 10, its not that late to do something nice, or ask her to go tomorrow and do something.

You're not wrong. It's your birthday, that should be the day that you do whatever YOU want to do

You're not wrong. It's your birthday, that should be the day that you do whatever YOU want to do

Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

Add the fact that he is my cousin and really don't like the dude to that....
30t6p3b.gif
boy ____

i never get any love from my cuzzo ... the whole time though he used to fry me for being on NT, now he's trying to blend in
nerd.gif
#wheretheydothatat

Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

Add the fact that he is my cousin and really don't like the dude to that....
30t6p3b.gif
boy ____

i never get any love from my cuzzo ... the whole time though he used to fry me for being on NT, now he's trying to blend in
nerd.gif
#wheretheydothatat

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

kinda sounds like she gets her way a lot....
I changed my mind. OP go watch the game.
tell her to bring some food and cook or get some takeout.

Have her rub your feet as well.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

kinda sounds like she gets her way a lot....
I changed my mind. OP go watch the game.
tell her to bring some food and cook or get some takeout.

Have her rub your feet as well.

Do what you want to for your bday son. Unless she gave you an advanced heads up, in which she could have planned around it, it's not your fault. When planning surprises, there's always a chance it won't work out the way you want it to, she should know that. She should respect that that's what you want to do for your bday.

Do what you want to for your bday son. Unless she gave you an advanced heads up, in which she could have planned around it, it's not your fault. When planning surprises, there's always a chance it won't work out the way you want it to, she should know that. She should respect that that's what you want to do for your bday.

id also like to know how many of these people on here saying go to dinner actually have a successful, fulfilling relationship currently ...

id also like to know how many of these people on here saying go to dinner actually have a successful, fulfilling relationship currently ...

Your Bday, Your Choice. That's how I see it...

this.

but at the same time does your lady know youre a big cavs or heat fan?

like for example my bday fell on a sunday a couple years back and my ex knew to plan something where i could watch the niner game. she also knew that anything happening in april, may and june have to be around the Lakers playoff schedule. she knew how much i loved my teams. damn man i miss her....

anyways basically what im getting at here is that you probably didnt show her enough that your team was very important to you. just IMO

Your Bday, Your Choice. That's how I see it...

this.

but at the same time does your lady know youre a big cavs or heat fan?

like for example my bday fell on a sunday a couple years back and my ex knew to plan something where i could watch the niner game. she also knew that anything happening in april, may and june have to be around the Lakers playoff schedule. she knew how much i loved my teams. damn man i miss her....

anyways basically what im getting at here is that you probably didnt show her enough that your team was very important to you. just IMO

Originally Posted by the coolness

This is exactly why I have a girl that's a basketball fan. It's win-win baby
pimp.gif
My new girl is into sports too and its so nice. We have even had a football date at my place.

OP while it is nice your girl made the plans she should have atleast asked what your plans may have been for the evening. I'm only for surprises when you are atleast going out or have been asked if you're free. Happy bday btw, today is my bday as well.

Originally Posted by solemunchies

Why you getting upset? You posted a thread and I'm going to respond accordingly. Now with that said go with your inconsiderate self and watch the game.

She blew it out of proportion because you're choosing a basketball game over something she put together. Sounds like I'm trying to make you simp but the level of consideration that you showed is kind of messed up.

Oh I'm sorry I forgot we're here on NT, we're full of men who never simp down for ANY girl

But let's be real here, you know for a fact when your gf starts pulling stuff like this on you, y'all will make a post about it and talk about how you're entitled to this and entitled to that.

EDIT: just saw the pic of your girl. I change my mind.
sick.gif

laugh.gif
 SON!! ITS HIS BIRTHDAY NOT HER'S!! HE NEEDS TO DO WHATEVER THE HELL HE DAMN WELL PLEASES!! He told shorty from the jump he don't like surprises...maybe she should have paid attention to that?

Originally Posted by the coolness

This is exactly why I have a girl that's a basketball fan. It's win-win baby
pimp.gif
My new girl is into sports too and its so nice. We have even had a football date at my place.

OP while it is nice your girl made the plans she should have atleast asked what your plans may have been for the evening. I'm only for surprises when you are atleast going out or have been asked if you're free. Happy bday btw, today is my bday as well.

Originally Posted by solemunchies

Why you getting upset? You posted a thread and I'm going to respond accordingly. Now with that said go with your inconsiderate self and watch the game.

She blew it out of proportion because you're choosing a basketball game over something she put together. Sounds like I'm trying to make you simp but the level of consideration that you showed is kind of messed up.

Oh I'm sorry I forgot we're here on NT, we're full of men who never simp down for ANY girl

But let's be real here, you know for a fact when your gf starts pulling stuff like this on you, y'all will make a post about it and talk about how you're entitled to this and entitled to that.

EDIT: just saw the pic of your girl. I change my mind.
sick.gif

laugh.gif
 SON!! ITS HIS BIRTHDAY NOT HER'S!! HE NEEDS TO DO WHATEVER THE HELL HE DAMN WELL PLEASES!! He told shorty from the jump he don't like surprises...maybe she should have paid attention to that?

Back
Top Bottom