Allen Iverson to Memphis

I want that Grizzlies x New Era.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I wouldn't be surprised if Memphis trades Iverson in the middle of the season if they're under .500 like I expect them to be. No point in keeping him unless they're competing for a playoff spot.
i thought you cant do that with a player on a 1 year deal?
I think that only applies if a player signs consecutive one year deals. I could be wrong.

I haven't watched a Memphis Grizzle game, so I'm not sure how AI will fit in. If AI wants to continue to be effective, he needs to start utilizing pickand roll plays, and jumpers coming of screens. He has yet to use these plays in his game, which is unbelievable. AI is still my favorite player and hope hedoes well this season.

why does he *need* the pick and roll or screens? his J is streaky and he's still quick as hell, able to take pretty much anyone off the dribble at 31 andfinish at the rim.

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

why does he *need* the pick and roll or screens? his J is streaky and he's still quick as hell, able to take pretty much anyone off the dribble at 34 and finish at the rim.

fixed

I feel like this is gonna stunt OJs growth as a star. Not enough touches to go around.

I heard on the news that Memphis has sold more tickets yesterday than they have ever sold in franchise history (including Vancouver)
laugh.gif
. All the AI jerseys are sold out too. Memphis only sold around 8,000 ticketslast year. They will get close to 13,000-15,000 this year.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I heard on the news that Memphis has sold more tickets yesterday than they have ever sold in franchise history (including Vancouver)
laugh.gif
. All the AI jerseys are sold out too. Memphis only sold around 8,000 tickets last year. They will get close to 13,000-15,000 this year.
Wow that's crazy. So far the money part of this deal is going well but let's hope the basketball side of this gets better too.
smile.gif

it's obvious the grizzles owner doesn't care about winning. why give up pau then bring in z-bo? those season ticket and jersey sale numbers are theonly thing that he is concerned about. he could care less about building a winner or even the slightest amount of team chemistry.

Originally Posted by Turbo Mopar

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

This is the best looking jersey Allen has ever worn in the NBA.
indifferent.gif

iverson_400_white_96.jpg
Co-sign to the fullest. They should have kept it going for a few years before switching to the next style.

The '95-97 76ers jerseys (with the gold Jerry West) were nice, but personally I prefer the current Grizzlies home jersey. Blue is always>>>>>> red (word to Tookie).

I think the memphis situation will work out maybe a darkhouse for the 8th seed because utah did not get any better. The grizzlies team is young and talenteddamn right if I was AI I wouldnt come off the bench especially when Im not in a downslide in my career. The grizz will def do better than last year andrandolph is automatic 20 and 10, everybody talks about him and AI bein cancers to a young team is bs. Watch all the reverse reactions after this season andall of this Iverson fans come back!

Originally Posted by THA REAL A2THAMOS

I think the memphis situation will work out maybe a darkhouse for the 8th seed because utah did not get any better. The grizzlies team is young and talented damn right if I was AI I wouldnt come off the bench especially when Im not in a downslide in my career. The grizz will def do better than last year and randolph is automatic 20 and 10, everybody talks about him and AI bein cancers to a young team is bs. Watch all the reverse reactions after this season and all of this Iverson fans come back!
Utah won 48 games last year...you think they'll get that much worse and the Grizzlies are going to win anything close to that number?
laugh.gif

I think the memphis situation will work out maybe a darkhouse for the 8th seed because utah did not get any better. The grizzlies team is young and talented damn right if I was AI I wouldnt come off the bench especially when Im not in a downslide in my career. The grizz will def do better than last year and randolph is automatic 20 and 10, everybody talks about him and AI bein cancers to a young team is bs. Watch all the reverse reactions after this season and all of this Iverson fans come back!
Utah won 48 games last year...you think they'll get that much worse and the Grizzlies are going to win anything close to that number?
laugh.gif

Yea, I see Utah as an automatic bid. People give Houston and New Orleans too much credit for now. Memphis can compete with those any of those teams and couldwin the season series between each of them. NOH could make, but you have to worry about major injuries for both teams. Okafor can easily get hurt and they alsolost Butler who was key for them last season. They aren't a major threat. People fail to realize with Houston is that last season they actually had a guywho could score buckets in Artest. Ariza isn't the same player as Artest. If any other team would've lost their 3 top scorers, added a player thataveraged 8.9ppg for his career and had a frontline of 6'9, 6'7 and 6'6, they would say their fighting for the no.1 spot in the lottery. Theirtoughness can only get them through so many games, but they just don't have that much talent. If T-Mac can stay healthy, then it can be a different story.

I also see the number of wins dropping in the West next season to make the playoffs. I think it'll take maybe 44 wins to get an 8th seed this year. Idon't see NOH winning 49 games. Houston definitely won't win 53 games. Utah will probably win a few less. There are alot of teams that just aren'tgoing to win as many games as they did last season.

And for the guy that said why Heisley traded Pau away, you need to catch up on some history.
laugh.gif
I don't even feel like explaining this Memphis front office thing becauseit could go on and on. The bottom seed teams will probably be very hard to predict this year. You have a good 4-5 teams that could grab that last spot.

laugh.gif

I know Utah wont win that many games this year, Boozer will get hurt AGAIN, and D will needs some more help cuz Kirilenko for whatever reason plays when hewants to which is about 20 games out the year. Also New Orleans hasnt gotten better IMO they should have kept Chandler becuz of the system they were runningthey had too many injuries last year but I don't think they will be as bad as last year but I can see Memphis surpassing them this year. Memphis could bethe new Warriors run and score more than the other team....lol I still hate don nelson for running BD outa GState. But I think itll be a fight for those lastcouple of spots and Memphis will be up there fighting.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

laugh.gif
. All the AI jerseys are sold out too. Memphis only sold around 8,000 tickets last year. They will get close to 13,000-15,000 this year.

not surprising. all we had in Vancouver was Shareef Abdur-Rahim and the team didnt even make the playoffs or get close to having a winning record in the 6years it was here.

Best game that franchise had in Vancouver, was its first game back in 95'
laugh.gif

But all the grizzlies jerseys are still
pimp.gif
with the exception of thosewith the Vancouver and Memphis wording on it, back in 99-03' i believe

nelson ran bdiddy out of GS? that was a joke right...
its not that ak-47 plays when he wants to. he was injured last year, and coach hasnt been giving him enough burn to get his groove on.
memphis is not making the playoffs, no offense to you bhz, and apparently another memphis fan that just popped out of nowhere.

Originally Posted by BangDak

nelson ran bdiddy out of GS? that was a joke right...
its not that ak-47 plays when he wants to. he was injured last year, and coach hasnt been giving him enough burn to get his groove on.
memphis is not making the playoffs, no offense to you bhz, and apparently another memphis fan that just popped out of nowhere.
no offense taken.
pimp.gif

we are a darkhorse team and will surprise teams next season. we have less pressure on us than teams like houston, new orleans, phoenix, etc. we are justplaying to be the underdog, and i'm sure we will be close to making it if we don't make it.

The problem with Kirilenko is he's at his best when he's playing PF. His injuries and lack of a jump shot has also set him back the last 3-4 years.

kirk is still a defense beast IMO. would love to have him on my team as long as hes injure-free.
i do see memphis getting a bit more wins then expected, but still not close to a playoff team imo. maybe 30-40 team win, 45 if they mesh well (HIGHLY doubtthat).
houston is getting overlooked, a lot imo. tmac seems to be in great shape atm (god knows how long though). although they wont be scoring much, they wouldnt begiving up more then 90 on a daily basis though.
with NO, with cp on that team, im sure they'll at least be in contention, no matter how bad they are.
suns will be close, but no cigar imo.
really eager to see how this season goes out. sorry for turning this into a 2009-20010 prediction thread
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

like i said earlier, barely having any tremendous talent on the team can only do so much for a team like houston. i don't care how tough they're, ifthey don't have tmac for 75% of the season, they won't be good. i would be shocked if they're. some games, their defense and toughness will helpthem. but, there will be plenty of games where teams just simply outscore them because they have more talent overall.

Back
Top Bottom