Allen Iverson is retiring...Vol: Lets make it a tribute thread, 1996-2009

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

He's sick, but his last 5 years were not too great.
[table][tr][td]05-06[/td] [td]PHI[/td] [td]72[/td] [td]72[/td] [td]43.1[/td] [td]0.447[/td] [td]0.323[/td] [td]0.814[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]3.2[/td] [td]7.4[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td]3.44[/td] [td]1.68[/td] [td]33.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]06-07[/td] [td]DEN[/td] [td]50[/td] [td]49[/td] [td]42.4[/td] [td]0.454[/td] [td]0.347[/td] [td]0.759[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]7.2[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [td]4.04[/td] [td]1.48[/td] [td]24.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]06-07[/td] [td]PHI[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]42.7[/td] [td]0.413[/td] [td]0.226[/td] [td]0.885[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]7.3[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td]4.40[/td] [td]1.40[/td] [td]31.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]07-08[/td] [td]DEN[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]41.8[/td] [td]0.458[/td] [td]0.345[/td] [td]0.809[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]2.4[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]7.1[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [td]2.99[/td] [td]1.33[/td] [td]26.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]08-09[/td] [td]DET[/td] [td]54[/td] [td]50[/td] [td]36.5[/td] [td]0.416[/td] [td]0.286[/td] [td]0.786[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]3.1[/td] [td]4.9[/td] [td]1.6[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td]2.52[/td] [td]1.54[/td] [td]17.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]08-09[/td] [td]DEN[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]41.0[/td] [td]0.450[/td] [td]0.250[/td] [td]0.720[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]6.7[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [td]3.33[/td] [td]1.00[/td] [td]18.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]09-10[/td] [td]MEM[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]22.3[/td] [td]0.577[/td] [td]1.000[/td] [td]0.500[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [td]3.7[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]2.33[/td] [td]1.67[/td] [td]12.3[/td] [/tr][/table]

?

laugh.gif
there's a lot of idiotic posts in this thread

*and his career FT percentage is 78%, which is respectable

Originally Posted by lakersreppa008

The 2001 NBA All Star game is on NBA TV right now. AI wins the MVP on this one. Just giving you guys a heads up.

One of my favorite All Star Games ever, but Marbury stole the damn show in my books...those 2 treys he sunk...and than that buffoon Webber missling the0.000000000001 feet shot LMAO Epic game I need Iverson's #6 jersey

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

I love how all of these AI fans are posting pics of him that they never even saw before.
laugh.gif

Whachu talkmbout Willis? Im in tune with the NBA heavily since 1992 NBA Finals. And by heavy I mean heavy. I don't think there's a trivia that coversthe last 25 years of the NBA that I wouldnt practically smash.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

I love how all of these AI fans are posting pics of him that they never even saw before.
laugh.gif
That's right...keep on bragin to everyone how you are the ONLY true Iverson fan
laugh.gif
!

he needs to come to the lakers. they are the only title contender with out a deep bench. if he were to go to boston i will burn all my answer shoes lol

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

This is what Eric Snow is saying.

1. Allen doesn't WANT to come off the bench for a championship contending team. He feels going to a team that is already close to winning a championship is cheating. Much like GP and Big Malone did (attempted to do) with LA. He said that he and AI had convos while in Philly about this. AI said he doesn't understand how dudes just sold their soul to these teams because they really DIDN'T win a championship they just went to a team that had a good chance.

2. If Allen is going to come off of the bench then show him WHY he needs to come off the bench. If he is better than the person in front of him then he feel disrespected if he is asked to come off the bench. Especially if the team is a losing team (MEM)
pimp.gif

^ Love how he staying true to himself not sellin out to some contender team like some do, *coughs SHAQ * ...

AI true to himself, apart from his amazing basketball career, thats another thing I'll always put on his resume.

Originally Posted by Durden7

The first couple of years: appreciated
The first few shoes: appreciated
2000: appreciated
2002 and on: UNappreciated

Overall: good riddance, stay low and keep your dumb brain outta the news.

great summary
pimp.gif

It still baffles me that this guy went to GEORGETOWN.

Granted most college athletes academic abilities are not indicative of the universities they represent,

Still.............
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

He's sick, but his last 5 years were not too great.
[table][tr][td]05-06[/td] [td]PHI[/td] [td]72[/td] [td]72[/td] [td]43.1[/td] [td]0.447[/td] [td]0.323[/td] [td]0.814[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]3.2[/td] [td]7.4[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td]3.44[/td] [td]1.68[/td] [td]33.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]06-07[/td] [td]DEN[/td] [td]50[/td] [td]49[/td] [td]42.4[/td] [td]0.454[/td] [td]0.347[/td] [td]0.759[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]7.2[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [td]4.04[/td] [td]1.48[/td] [td]24.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]06-07[/td] [td]PHI[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]42.7[/td] [td]0.413[/td] [td]0.226[/td] [td]0.885[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]7.3[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td]4.40[/td] [td]1.40[/td] [td]31.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]07-08[/td] [td]DEN[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]41.8[/td] [td]0.458[/td] [td]0.345[/td] [td]0.809[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]2.4[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]7.1[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [td]2.99[/td] [td]1.33[/td] [td]26.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]08-09[/td] [td]DET[/td] [td]54[/td] [td]50[/td] [td]36.5[/td] [td]0.416[/td] [td]0.286[/td] [td]0.786[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]3.1[/td] [td]4.9[/td] [td]1.6[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td]2.52[/td] [td]1.54[/td] [td]17.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]08-09[/td] [td]DEN[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]41.0[/td] [td]0.450[/td] [td]0.250[/td] [td]0.720[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]6.7[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [td]3.33[/td] [td]1.00[/td] [td]18.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]09-10[/td] [td]MEM[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]22.3[/td] [td]0.577[/td] [td]1.000[/td] [td]0.500[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [td]3.7[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]2.33[/td] [td]1.67[/td] [td]12.3[/td] [/tr][/table]

?

laugh.gif
there's a lot of idiotic posts in this thread

*and his career FT percentage is 78%, which is respectable

again they talk with the misconceptions the media throw at them, or with the faint knowledge of what happened with his last 2 years, again compunded withtabloid journalism...nice for puting up the stats to see...not picture perfect but not as whimsical as they make it out to seem...

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

I always wished he could've become something more. He had the talent and court vision to be one of the best point guards out there, but he never fully developed that part of his game. In the end, he was always primarily a scorer, and at 6' you can't make a career out of that. The fact that he did have a run of a couple years where the Sixers were a legit team is incredible.
And that's what make me sad about this whole thing - he could have been incredible. Like you say, hehad all the tools - but he just wanted to score himself. He could have been better than Isaiah. People would have wanted to play in Philly.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Granted most college athletes academic abilities are not indicative of the universities they represent,

Still.............
laugh.gif
Sheed went to UNC. Just as laughable IMO. Im sure plent of other examples.

Still.............
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You don't know what you're talking about, and most likely making a judgment due to his appearance/demeanor.

He was a good student. And you're NOT going to play for John Thompson if you can't handle the academic rigors of G'Town. Believe that.

Originally Posted by Nek32

Always been a fan of his heart and work ethic, but man this dude's shooting percentages are horrible. Scoring 31 points a game at 38% shooting is pathetic, it's statistical evidence that you shoot way too much. A career shooting percentage of 42%....c'mon man. His free throw percentage also sucks horribly, and was absolutely terrible a few season....I wonder how many more points this dude could have scored if he could actually shoot well.

You don't even know what your talking about.. AI couldn't shoot well???...You don't have a 25+ career scoring average as a 6 foot guard if youcan't shoot...Of course your going to shoot a higher percentage if your a spot up shooter and need other people to create shots for you compared to someonewho literally is asked to create his shot on almost every shot for most of his career.

Sure AI always had elite quickness, but they're plently of little guys that get into the league with elite quickness, but that don't have ne where nearthe success AI had, because you could lay off them and they would brick themselves out of the game. When guys played AI they had to respect his jumper too.

roll.gif
NT catching feelings. Chris Paul is 6 foot nothing and shoots over 50%from the field. I'm not saying AI ever had to shoot 50% to be considered a good shooter, but 38's and 39's from the field? C'mon man. Whenyou're talking thousands and thousands of shots over a career, making 12% is a ton of points. I respect him, he was a very unique player and incrediblescorer for being so little, but people on NT act like he was the greatest of all time or something. The fact that NOBODY wants him should attest to that. Youwill NEVER see Kobe at 34 trying to shop himself around and play for the league minimum because nobody wants him.

And for everyone quoting me, I was referring to his work ethic ON THE COURT. Even I can't deny he gave 100% every minute on the court. Maybe if he gave 20%off it he would have learned how to shoot a jumpshot.

Originally Posted by friscostylez

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

This is what Eric Snow is saying.

1. Allen doesn't WANT to come off the bench for a championship contending team. He feels going to a team that is already close to winning a championship is cheating. Much like GP and Big Malone did (attempted to do) with LA. He said that he and AI had convos while in Philly about this. AI said he doesn't understand how dudes just sold their soul to these teams because they really DIDN'T win a championship they just went to a team that had a good chance.

2. If Allen is going to come off of the bench then show him WHY he needs to come off the bench. If he is better than the person in front of him then he feel disrespected if he is asked to come off the bench. Especially if the team is a losing team (MEM)
pimp.gif
Saw that on NBATV

Gotta respect that

If Iverson goes to one of the top team in the league (like the Lakers or Boston) I'd lose a lot of respect for him because that's just ring chasing.

Now if he goes to a middle tier team (like Utah, Dallas, or Houston) I'd still have the same amount of respect for him staying true to his word.

I guess we'll just have to wait it out and see what happens...

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

Iverson clearly carried the ball against Jordan. If he ever wants to cross Jordan then he'd better go to Israel.

roll.gif
I just caught this.

Possibly the wittiest post in the S&T section to date.
laugh.gif

Negative

He's tight because Iverson had his idol on skates 11 years ago

Lame
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom