Allen Iverson is retiring...Vol: Lets make it a tribute thread, 1996-2009

lovely pics dummy and others...and big up to the author of this thread!

and the above explanation of AI and how he could work with the Spurs, I never thought of it that way...and believe me he would defer if he was in a nourishingand rewarding situation like in San-An...he could do it..I3 is not as selfish as the media has tried to make him seem

mubxi1.jpg

34988km.jpg

29xaivk.jpg

6z3gxj.jpg

413497745880b513d8f5o.jpg

2i6m4yh.jpg

5vocpu.jpg

4134999760cffecb4625o.jpg

413501190486d20390b7o.jpg

2d97itv.jpg

2ur9y7b.jpg

4134250103ef92b6b7a0o.jpg

k4t5vt.jpg

4135006718e4fc1b066fo.jpg

4134237885983086aa52o.jpg

413499993473d8b96df6o.jpg

4135006684b056ba43fao.jpg

Originally Posted by copped

Originally Posted by lynchpin33

This Spurs team is set...
Do you really want to lose more games because of chemistry? because its not just going to happen...word to the 1st ten games this season...
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
at you even thinking about adding AI...

Man, Iverson was so much fun to watch, amazing player, even better scorer, and what he did for Reebok and the shoe industry should not be overlooked. From theQuestions - Answer V, those 6 shoes can stand up pretty well to any 6 year run of almost any shoe model

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

.His assists numbers aren't indicative of his style of play. He is a perimeter player dominates the ball so he should have a high volume of assists.
Can't we say the same thing about Lebron, Wade, or any other player who dominates the ball?

The player who possesses the ball the most, should have the best stats right?
You can say the same about Wade, he gets assists in the same manner that AI did.

LeBron can and has actually been a creator for others.

I don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me or not....But I thought I just read on the ESPN ticker that he is NOT retiring now?

EDIT- It said that a radio station in Washington is reporting that he will not retire. Bottom line is he needs a team to want him. He can be retired or not,but with no contract it doesn't really matter

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

do yall even watch my man ai play? he consistently has 6+ assists every game he plays starter minutes ...
His assists numbers aren't indicative of his style of play. He is a perimeter player dominates the ball so he should have a high volume of assists. Doesn't mean he is a creator for others. Many of those assists come from a pass being the last option.

AI is my man but it bothers me when folks bring up his assist numbers

or his steals number

[h1]Iverson Believed To Be Reconsidering Comeback[/h1]

Nov 26, 2009 9:17 AM EST

Iverson_Allen_mem.jpg
Immediately after word came out that Allen Iverson had announced he was retiring, sources close to him told Stephen A. Smith he was having a change of heart.

"I think he just wants to feel wanted again," one of Iverson's confidants told me Wednesday night.

Via FoxSports

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Here we go.
laugh.gif

I can't wait to see the opinions/excuses of Iverson fans who were dogging Favre.

You know who you are.
wink.gif

^completely and i mean completely different situation. Yes if you look at broadly its

Player retired... comes back

player retired... comes back

Ska your a smart guy it seems, do some further analysis. Consider the different situations, the different legacies, and the time periods of each.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Here we go.
laugh.gif

I can't wait to see the opinions/excuses of Iverson fans who were dogging Favre.

You know who you are.
wink.gif
Come on man your reaching on that one...

Those are completely different situations...I don't think the reasons even need to be mentioned why its different cuz its obvious

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by AG 47

bundy9 wrote:

DoubleJs07 wrote:

ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg wrote:

I think AI could fit in with Cleveland, he's better than Mo Williams, Delante and GIbson. One of those three guys could be switched out with Iverson
and they'd have a proven clutch player, not someone who fizzles in the bright lights like they did last postseason. But AI would have to accept
second fiddle to Lebron and not go out there gunning it. Him with Lebron could make the Cavs an uptempo team like they need to be, the halfcourt style
clearly hasn't worked out.

Interesting....

very....

Please do this. I don't like Cleveland, but I need AI back in the league.
I'd put aside any ill-will I have towards the Cavs, and all hope I have for Lebron leaving JUST for the sake of Iverson getting a real shot at winning a championship. I hate the Cavs w. a passion, but I'm a fan of Iverson more than anything else and wouldn't be mad if he went to the Cavs.

Likewise. I doubt it will happen though. Cleveland has a lot of faith in Mo Williams for whatever reason.

being an all-time AI fan, a part of me wants him to come back, but a part of me does not. and the only reason is that I went to his "last" game @ thestaples center
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Iverson's MVP season is one of the greatest single seasons in the history of sports.

watching him drag that atrocious team to victory night in and night out was a joy to any true basketball fan.

PrinSe3:
^completely and i mean completely different situation. Yes if you look at broadly its

Player retired... comes back

player retired... comes back

Ska your a smart guy it seems, do some further analysis. Consider the different situations, the different legacies, and the time periods of each.
Nah.

"I'm retired. Wait, I change my mind." = "I'm retired. Wait, I change my mind."

But to make it different we should look at the legacies? One was exceptional at his position, the other broke all kinds of top records at his position. The guywho broke all kinds of records is definitely more deserving to change his mind if he wants to. One lead his team to a championship appearance; the other leadhis team to a championship.

Different situations? One retired with teams still wanting him, then retired again with teams still interested, so he came back again. The other has announcedhis [first] retirement... with no employer, after being waived by his previous team (Grizzlies), and being asked to come off the bench by the team before that(Pistons).

"I have a ton of meaningful records and a championship and teams still want me to play, but I'm retiring. Wait... I change my mind." =/= "Iam really, really good at my position and I've been in the championship. I didn't win it, but hey. Apparently no one wants me, so I'm retiring.Wait... I change my mind."

Time periods? I see that as a push. They both played in the same era. Favre started in the early 90s ('91); Iverson started in '96.

Now, ESPN is reporting that he's NOT retiring....theres no official statement from Iverson though...

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Best decision AI could have made.
best decision he could of done was swallow his pride and except a 6 man role and get a title. shouldve came to the lakers and helped thatatrocious bench

Back
Top Bottom