Air Penny 2 RD & Pics: 9/27/08 White/Royal/Black, 11/08, & 01/09

I maybe in the minority here and maybe it's because Penny is my 3rd favorite player of all time and remembering him in Orlando but most Penny's just don't do it for me in anything other than Orlando colors with the exception of the red 1s and metallic red foams.

Red 1s?

I'll keep these..... [emoji]128175[/emoji]

Btw, Atlantics look good to me. Will be copping shortly. May also add Miami's this go around.

Last edited:
many have said the leather has taken a step up

it's just not true

the 09s leather wasn't super cold or anything but atleast it's not shiny, the foam even feels cheap

Im not the best judge of quality of materials but im pretty sure just cause it's shinier that isnt a 100% indicator of it being worse, like im pretty sure thats not how you judge leather quality but hey to each his own

Edit: Im pretty pleased with my pair all im saying is check em out in person if you feel the materials are crap or it just looks horrible dont cop, if the sole collector orlandos are releasing ima double up on these "fauxlantics" and ima use the pair i got to ball in and my other pair to rock to go out, i kinda feeling this max air heel zoom combo more than I thought i would

Last edited:
^
Good question!

If any of the Niketalk fam that has both of these last retro can shed some light please.
Last time I felt they ran half size to small, is it still the same with the 2016 retro??
you sure the blue isnt actually closer to the og? seems the outsole is darker as well
I own all four pairs of Atlantic Blues from the OGs to the 2016 release and they do fit true to size if you're balling in them you might want to go a half size up so the toe box can give your toes comfort when stopping or landing

believe what you want I was speaking aesthetically

the older model is built better all around

There's nothing about those 2009 joints worth hooplah-ing about. The leather was trash. The outsole was trash. The blue was a little off. The only good thing about them compared to the 2015s is the Swoosh placement.

Like what you like tho....

There's nothing about those 2009 joints worth hooplah-ing about. The leather was trash. The outsole was trash. The blue was a little off. The only good thing about them compared to the 2015s is the Swoosh placement.

this

that's my point

the 09s weren't that great but dump all over the newest ones

Everyone complaining but I was very satisfied with the quality it's a great shoes to ball in too! Glad I'm able and blessed to own all 4 pairs from the OGs to the new ones! Different strokes for different folks

Just got a pair of the new Atlantic's in, The Penny 2 was the first basketball shoe I fell in love with way back in middle school, brings back memories.

Now, hoping Nike does right by bringing back the Orlando joints 
nthat.gif

Everyone complaining but I was very satisfied with the quality it's a great shoes to ball in too! Glad I'm able and blessed to own all 4 pairs from the OGs to the new ones! Different strokes for different folks

how is the forefoot zoom feel on the latest release?

that's my point

the 09s weren't that great but dump all over the newest ones

In no way were they better outside of the Nike swoosh on the side. That's literally the only thing.

The fact that the sole is translucent is irrelevant seeing as how it's almost black.

Last edited:
I thought the newer ones were better til I saw em in person

went with the intent to buy

left empty handed

in sticking with my thoughts, it's all good

But wasn't the 2009 outsole and Atlantic blue much closer to the OGs than this current 2015 pair? This 2015 pair they didn't even attempt to make it close to the OGs..

Last edited:
I've learned a lesson from you all. Wait til discount before copping lol. So that's exactly what I'm going to do with the Miami pair. Give it a month or two before they go on discount?

Back
Top Bottom