Air Jordan's you HATED at first sight, but now must have !

17's. His first sig shoe as a Wizard, suitcase..etc all thought it was a marketing ploy and perhaps it was, but that show till this day (probably because the OG color hasn't been retroed) has eluded me for too long!

Didn't like the XV's until I got the "online Jordan user only" something like that lol pair.

didnt like the Bordeaux VII pictures on the internet but went to go pick up a pair for my friend and saw them and had to get them haha

Bordeaux 7s. I always thought they were ugly until I saw them in person back in 2008. One of my boys wore his OG pair to the Sneakerfriends '08 event.

Ever since then I couldn't wait for JB to retro them. I finally got my wish last year and copped on release day.

I didn't want to post in the other thread since this one is still alive. So, I regret passing on the FTLOG IX.~

the 9 i really didn't like. The 10's i hated but the 12's i absolutely despised now I like them a lot. Especially the playoff 12's! the 9 and 10 have grown on me considerably and i was bummed i couldn't get a pair of chicago 10's.
The 23's i hated at first glance i thought, "this is it?" but now i love them.
the 2009's i didn't like at first but now i think they are pretty cool.

b3926bf1c896c6d53b1f93c94bd309832efaaf8a_r.jpg

Hated them in 97...hated them in 05...loved them after I realized they were Cowboys colors. Copped these over the crappy 2010s.

Growing up the Jordan's were always polarizing since they were so different from everything else out there. You just bought them, even if you didn't understand them at the time.....to ugly, too tall, too wide, too narrow, too "fill in the blank". Everyone has their story. The 9s I hated, most likely due to Jordan not playing in them. That spilled over into the Xs until he came back. I like and own multiples of both these now. The XIII (13) were known as the maxipad shoe growing up. Hated them because of the design. I own and wear only black models. Everything was good until the 18s, those are and to date have ruined every Jordan after that with the exception of the 23s.

Others don't like the VIII (8s) but these have been an all time favorite since day one. I haven't seen a design with crossing straps pulled off with such beauty as these.

I hated all of the IX's at one point in time...X's too. But my reasons for disliking them were not because Jordan didn't play in them, it was just because I thought at the time they looked weird...
ohwell.gif

I couldn't get past the stark differences in terms of design beginning with the IX. All the kid-friendly, vibrant colors I remembered as a kid beginning with the Jordan V's were gone for darker more subtle colorways which ruined it for me. I couldn't help thinking how could they go from colorways like the Grape V's, Infrared VI's, Carmine VI's, Bordeaux VII's, Hare VII's, Aqua VIII's, and Playoff VIII's to shoes like the.....Charcoal IX's..or the jail-cell pattern resemblance on the Steel X's...
laugh.gif

Yeah..it took awhile for me to appreciate them and the overall direction Jordan and his sneaker designs were going towards but I eventually grew to like both models alot.
grin.gif

I've only just started out my Jordan-fetish (May 2010) when I came back from Japan.
I've gathered about 50 pairs since then, but there's one thing I'm still kinda bummed out about...

When I first started browsing on one of the bigger webshops, I found the Jordan V's... A model that I really like....
I saw the Burgundy's in my size, but kinda passed on that one... I was more into the OG colorways...

But after about half a year or so, it started to itch... those Burgundies kept coming back into my mind...
So I went back to the webshop, but of course, they were long gone...

And the problem is that I can't find in my size against a reasonable price anymore...

Ah well, you win some, you lose some...

Cool Grey 9's they are a very underrated shoe and I had a chance to cop but didn't, kind of regret it now.

I just remember wanting the sig models to be more like the VI's, with the last of the visible air pockets and clear sole.
I wasn't satisfied until the XI's, returning with a clear sole.
Looking back, I now have the VII's-X's, but skipped over the OG's.

Originally Posted by Nappy

Aqua 8s

Back when the OGs dropped, I bought the white/reds instead and everybody thought I was crazy. I thought it was an easy call back then. Today, I love both versions.

i had the aquas when they first dropped and got teased for having carpet on the tongues of my shoes.

i, too, was underwhelmed by the ix and x, and skipped them. after the viii, the next pair i bought was the xi. i suppose i didn't really hate the ix and x, i just couldn't spend aussie retail for them (aud$220-240.... yes, back in the 90's they cost that much)

Back
Top Bottom