Air Jordan XX8 SE Shrouldess Video and Official Pics on Page 1 Shoes Hit Stores 10/11/13

Is it a defect on certain pairs or is it the way we put pressure on the shoe for the popped zoom bags?
Could be a mix of both.  Maybe it's just the nature of the unlocked zoom setup where the bags can only take so much stress.

Either way it's a shame... I'm curious if there is a way to prevent this while still keeping the bags flexible enough to be enjoyable.

Do you know that for a fact though? (not doubting you, just wondering if it would indeed work)

I just know some companies can be iffy with warranty on things purchased through resale.  I do have all the original packaging, etc
From Nike's website.

Shoes:  We will accept the return as long as it was manufactured within two years time.  Tags in Nike shoes display manufacturing dates.

I wonder how many have popped playing outdoors.  A sharp pebble could potentially do a lot of damage.

I weigh 240 and have yet to pop my black and volt XX8's, though I only use them indoors.

Last edited:
My zoom unit popped on my right shoe just like the images posted above...used them about 5 times indoor only and I am not a heavy guy (5"9 170lbs).  I guess its just the nature of the design but I just sent them into Nike and should get a response back in about 2 weeks...I am pretty confident they will replace it since I've had issues with the Lebron X bag popping and got those replaced.

Wow!  Very nice new cw!  The new color ways are making the bel airs and the westbrooks look really really bad now.

Are the black and red xx8's still releasing February 1?? Or only the Blue pair and the Grey pair?

I sent in a pair of Kobe Vs (inlines) a few months after purchase and they gave me a voucher without issue. Great option in my opinion, especially if you get these for under retail since you get a voucher for their full value. I know it can be a hassle if they pop, but I doubt many of us have only 1 pair of shoes to play in, and getting redeemed for the full value is easily worth the risk.

Georgetown has quite a few BIG guys wearing the SE's with no problems.
Yeah i posted their roster a few pages back and id say over half the team is 200+

This is being said like they don't have multiple pairs given to them for the season and upon request. If a pair did have a bag that popped, it wouldn't be reported here would it? Matter of fact if the flagship model is having these issues on a team, that would probably be the best sample size to review the zoom bag results with "next level" players. I mean how do we know that the players from the team are not having problems. All they would have to do is request a new pair from the team manager and go from there.

The more regular colors they release, the more hopeful I become that these will make it to Nike iD. Fortunately, I know better than to get my hopes up too much lol

The closer to release date the more I think I'll pass. :\

Unless they're discounted on swoosh I don't think I'll be getting them.

Back
Top Bottom