Air Jordan XX8 SE Shrouldess Video and Official Pics on Page 1 Shoes Hit Stores 10/11/13

Those BHM PE's are better than what's releasing, Melo and XX8 IMO

Last edited:
Was liking the XX8 SE coming in that powder blue but not as much seeing that's Marquette's color watching them beat my hoyas in OT just now

Gotta pass on the entire pack to let my funds replenish...good luck to everyone who plans on buying! 
glasses.gif

Brought these out for a 45 minute shoot around this morning. They felt really good. I've noticed people saying zero break-in time with these, but I must admit they felt better than the first time I played in them. I went a half size down for anyone curious about sizing.

I got the Xmas SEs in the mail yesterday and I am very impressed.  Lots of detail and quality is great, but I can tell that the black cat logo on the inside is going to peel off pretty quickly which is ok.  Anyhow, it took me quite a while to find these and I'm happy with the result.  Unsure if I will go for the solid color release because I like crazy colorways.

Glad you guys are happy with your Xmas SE's, i love mine, had about 4 sessions in them now and they feel better every time.

I definitely want to land a pair of the breds.

I know a lot of people are swaying to the black/red melo 10's but I just don't like that silver heel cup. The carbon heel cup with white jumpman on the SE's looks far nicer imo.

How real is the possibility of the zoom bag popping? Watched nightwings review of the melo m10 where he said the bag was a lil more firm than the se's probably to address the bag popping.

How real is the possibility of the zoom bag popping? Watched nightwings review of the melo m10 where he said the bag was a lil more firm than the se's probably to address the bag popping.
NW later tweeted about how a friend of his had his M10 bag pop lol.  It's prevalent enough to be a known issue (at least on sneaker forums and blogs), but it wasn't enough of a problem for me to avoid buying.  Some people are passing because they don't want the hassle of having to return them.  I think it's worth the risk because they're great to play in and Nike will refund you if it pops.  If they'd be your only pair to play in, and you don't have another/backup pair, then it may be a bigger issue for you.  If you're just wearing casually, I doubt you should be worried about it happening to you.

My issue is that my two shrouded pairs were purchased via resale web stores.

Been wondering if they are even worth keeping if wont be able to get a voucher or anything back from Nike.  Debating selling one of them and getting an SE on the 1st so I know that I'm covered.

Why wouldn't you get a voucher? As long as they're authentic it doesn't matter where you bought them.

NW later tweeted about how a friend of his had his M10 bag pop lol.  It's prevalent enough to be a known issue (at least on sneaker forums and blogs), but it wasn't enough of a problem for me to avoid buying.  Some people are passing because they don't want the hassle of having to return them.  I think it's worth the risk because they're great to play in and Nike will refund you if it pops.  If they'd be your only pair to play in, and you don't have another/backup pair, then it may be a bigger issue for you.  If you're just wearing casually, I doubt you should be worried about it happening to you.

I plan to throw em in a rotation with the lebron xi as my hooping shoes. Will possibly also add the hyper revs to that rotation. So hopefully it'll keep everything fresh for a while. I only weigh about 165 so hopefully I'm good. From what I've been hearing I think it'll be worth it to "risk" it.

Glad you guys are happy with your Xmas SE's, i love mine, had about 4 sessions in them now and they feel better every time.

I definitely want to land a pair of the breds.

I know a lot of people are swaying to the black/red melo 10's but I just don't like that silver heel cup. The carbon heel cup with white jumpman on the SE's looks far nicer imo.
I agree about the chrome heel cup on the Melos.  It makes the shoe look like a toy... and I actually don't like Melo as a player.  I think he is way overrated.  Anyway, back to the SEs, I broke out the green camo SEs last night and they actually look much darker in person than in the promo pics or sales pics.  Pretty cool looking shoe as well.  It has been a lot of fun with the SEs.  I haven't had any zoom bag popping issues, but I don't play as much as I used to and I'm a 160 lb guard.  I wonder if guys who had zoom bag issues were bigger players or not.  Any insights out there?

I plan to throw em in a rotation with the lebron xi as my hooping shoes. Will possibly also add the hyper revs to that rotation. So hopefully it'll keep everything fresh for a while. I only weigh about 165 so hopefully I'm good. From what I've been hearing I think it'll be worth it to "risk" it.

I'd say it's definitely worth it then since you have a solid shoe rotation. If you have to deal with returning and getting a voucher or refund, you won't have issues with needing to find other shoes for ball.

Why wouldn't you get a voucher? As long as they're authentic it doesn't matter where you bought them.
Do you know that for a fact though? (not doubting you, just wondering if it would indeed work)

I just know some companies can be iffy with warranty on things purchased through resale.  I do have all the original packaging, etc

I agree about the chrome heel cup on the Melos.  It makes the shoe look like a toy... and I actually don't like Melo as a player.  I think he is way overrated.  Anyway, back to the SEs, I broke out the green camo SEs last night and they actually look much darker in person than in the promo pics or sales pics.  Pretty cool looking shoe as well.  It has been a lot of fun with the SEs.  I haven't had any zoom bag popping issues, but I don't play as much as I used to and I'm a 160 lb guard.  I wonder if guys who had zoom bag issues were bigger players or not.  Any insights out there?

Georgetown has quite a few BIG guys wearing the SE's with no problems.

Back
Top Bottom