Air Jordan XX8 SE Shrouldess Video and Official Pics on Page 1 Shoes Hit Stores 10/11/13

They feel a lot lighter than a retro thats for sure.
For another comparison a Lunarglide 5 was 10 oz.
Thanks my main shoe is the Kobe 8 which are crazy light but i think my lunar has bottomed out. The heaviest shoe i play in now is the og hyperdunk lol. I think i could do some damage in these though.

Last edited:
02/01/2014 Air Jordan XX8 SE
616345-408 Dark Powder Blue/White-Cool Grey-Black
$150.00

616345-001 Black/White-Anthracite-Gym Red
$150.00

616345-003 Dark Grey/White-Black-Cool Grey
$150.00

03/01/2014 Air Jordan XX8 SE
616345-305 Squadron Green/Volt-Black
$150.00

03/01/2014 Air Jordan XX8 SE
616345-601 Gym Red/White-Wolf Grey
$150.00

Last edited:
616345-408 Dark Powder Blue/White-Cool Grey-Black
$150.00

616345-001 Black/White-Anthracite-Gym Red
$150.00

616345-003 Dark Grey/White-Black-Cool Grey
$150.00

In addition to ....

02/2014 Air Jordan XX9
xxxxxx-xxx Colorway TBA
$???.??
The XX9 comes out next month? 
nerd.gif

Thanks my main shoe is the Kobe 8 which are crazy light but i think my lunar has bottomed out. The heaviest shoe i play in now is the og hyperdunk lol. I think i could do some damage in these though.

You got me curious so I pulled out my og hyperdunks. 13 oz

Nice to see a flagship model thread gaining some steam. It's been a while since that has happened, usually its the retro threads that have all the steam. Seems like most people in here are talking about the performance and weight of the shoe, than talking about what outfit it can be worn with, or an early link, or if a bot can get the shoe for them....

It's an oversimplification for people to say weight doesn't make a difference. 

If we're talking about 11 oz to 12 oz, yeah, probably not gonna make a noticeable difference.

But to compare playing for 2+ hours in a 10 oz shoe vs. a 16 oz shoe...come on.  There's going to be a difference.  I don't think it matters too much for us gym rats as we're not exactly competing for anything substantial.  But if I can afford it, and there's a really good lightweight shoe and a really good heavier shoe, I'm taking the light weight shoe of course.

Nice to see a flagship model thread gaining some steam. It's been a while since that has happened, usually its the retro threads that have all the steam. Seems like most people in here are talking about the performance and weight of the shoe, than talking about what outfit it can be worn with, or an early link, or if a bot can get the shoe for them....
Kinda nice right ?

Haha, no offense because I know we're on NT and in Jordan Brand, but I quit retro J's a long time ago.  Still like the look of them, but I'm rocking trainers or new balances for casual wear now.  I had so many retros that I was so afraid to wear.  Only getting kicks that prioritize function over form at this point in my life.

Not sure what to think about older people wearing them.  Don't wanna sound like a hater, but I can't imagine competing with teenagers trying to cop some retro Jordans.  I had to move on at some point.

At one point I went from playing in hyperfuse to crazy 8 and it literally felt like I was running around with ankle weights on. my shins were burning when I was done hooping :lol:.

I just like to mix up my rotation with different types. Retro and modern Jordans, Lunarglides, Air Max, CJ81s, etc.

It's an oversimplification for people to say weight doesn't make a difference. 

If we're talking about 11 oz to 12 oz, yeah, probably not gonna make a noticeable difference.

But to compare playing for 2+ hours in a 10 oz shoe vs. a 16 oz shoe...come on.  There's going to be a difference.  I don't think it matters too much for us gym rats as we're not exactly competing for anything substantial.  But if I can afford it, and there's a really good lightweight shoe and a really good heavier shoe, I'm taking the light weight shoe of course.
Very true…

At one point I went from playing in hyperfuse to crazy 8 and it literally felt like I was running around with ankle weights on. my shins were burning when I was done hooping :lol:.
Crazy 8's do feel like bricks though. The light shoe revolution got us all spoiled.

Hold up hold up hold up

29s????

Twenty ******g nines ??

I thought they weren't coming out this year, much less next month.

My body is READY.

My wallet is NOT :x :x :x

I just like to mix up my rotation with different types. Retro and modern Jordans, Lunarglides, Air Max, CJ81s, etc.
Is this a rotation you ball in? Or just casual rotation? I'm assuming the latter but since there's quite a bit if performance talk amongst us in this thread just wanted to verify. Also not the first time I've seen people reach outside the realm of bball shoes for something they had on court... So the former couldn't necessarily be discounted either.

Last edited:
Yeah.... Definetly not my thing but hey.... To each their own. You'd be surprised how many people I see around my area wearing trainers/runners out on the court... If only they knew the things they were missing.... Hahaha

Last edited:
I have never seen the SE or the Shrouded Jordans to try on. With that being said, I tried on the Melo 10's and went a 1/2 size down for a good fit. For those who have worn both, is it the same with SE's and Shrouded versions or are they TTS?

Dont shoot the messenger if those 29s dont drop next month lol ... but i was just passing some info along of what I read/saw/heard

smile.gif

Last edited:
Yeah.... Definetly not my thing but hey.... To each their own. You'd be surprised how many people I see around my area wearing trainers/runners out on the court... If only they knew the things they were missing.... Hahaha
Yeah, but there is also the occasional guy or two with runners/trainers and VANS (that's right, I said VANS) that absolutely tear it up on the court.  I can't comprehend it for the life of me.

Still, the potential for injury just seems higher, but maybe there's no factual evidence for that.

Back
Top Bottom