Air Jordan XX8 SE Shrouldess Video and Official Pics on Page 1 Shoes Hit Stores 10/11/13

The only thing that could be improved is the lacing system.  If they added the plastic lace loops to make the laces slide easier like the J9s, it would be perfect for me!

The only thing that could be improved is the lacing system.  If they added the plastic lace loops to make the laces slide easier like the J9s, it would be perfect for me!
I was thinking the exact same thing.

I've been slacking off on getting the black/red pair over the last few days, being vacation and all...but now there's only 1 place that still has my size. Hopefully i'll be able to finally cop today.

This is exactly what I have been telling myself lately...  and a big reason why I sold 2 of my 6 kobe 8s, stopped at just two pairs of bron XIs, only have singles of others, etc.

Just too many performance models all around to enjoy, with more that come out each season.  Gotta enjoy the pairs you've got at the time (IMO)

Im about to sell all my kicks other than a few LB X's, XIs, and Kobe VIIIs. I don't get to play in half of them and I'm not the casual type unless it's summer and I rock 'em with basketball shorts lol. But I guess I'll attempt to cop the blk/red XX8s, why do y'all say it will probably be a tough cop (seems to be the consensus amongst the thread from reading back a little)? I'm hoping I can get 'em with a $50 voucher I got for some iD's.

@Sk33terMcG33  I may be overreacting thinking that the blk/reds will be a tough cop, but from the general availability of the regular XX8s and the camo SE pairs, it makes me think such a clean colorway of a performance beast will go quickly.

Others in this thread that have been around the XX8s since release probably have a better take on that though

Depends on situation/location too, don't forget.

I'm in SoCal, not too far from like 3 HoH's and I saw XX8 SE's on shelves the day of release, so even though they might have sold out online they could still be available in store.

I doubt these will fly off shelves like limited Kobe VIII's.

This is exactly what I have been telling myself lately...  and a big reason why I sold 2 of my 6 kobe 8s, stopped at just two pairs of bron XIs, only have singles of others, etc.

Just too many performance models all around to enjoy, with more that come out each season.  Gotta enjoy the pairs you've got at the time (IMO)
See I think it's human nature to hoard, especially when it's something we really like and won't last forever.

I'm better now, but in the past, I lost count of the times I would receive a package or pair of bball kicks, then immediately start browsing ebay or the forums for more.  Didn't make any sense.

Rotating shoes the way we do, the life of the shoe is greatly extended.  With my Kobe VIII's, it's really the first time in a looong while where I've worn the same pair to play more than 2-3 days straight.  It's unusual for me, but I see plenty of people playing in the same pair every day.  I'm trying to get to that point.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

I've been slacking off on getting the black/red pair over the last few days, being vacation and all...but now there's only 1 place that still has my size. Hopefully i'll be able to finally cop today.
What spot has your size? Friend of mine picked up his pair at Hoopcity. I'm still on the fence but that might change if I'm able to see them in person. 

Depends on situation/location too, don't forget.

I'm in SoCal, not too far from like 3 HoH's and I saw XX8 SE's on shelves the day of release, so even though they might have sold out online they could still be available in store.

I doubt these will fly off shelves like limited Kobe VIII's.

These will be available everywhere for a while then slowly trickle away. That's what I meant by sleeping. Don't wait for a sale or something to try and catch a break if you really want them.

What spot has your size? Friend of mine picked up his pair at Hoopcity. I'm still on the fence but that might change if I'm able to see them in person. 

Just picked up my pair at Hoop Soul, will try to post pics in a couple hours..

Here are a few pics of the shoe. Like you already know, it's a very simple but classic colorway. I'm actually kind of bummed right now because I decided to un-DS my Taxi 12s today and on a crowded subway, someone put a fat step onto one of the shoes 
frown.gif
. Oh well, lesson learned.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom