Air Jordan XX8 SE Shrouldess Video and Official Pics on Page 1 Shoes Hit Stores 10/11/13

Good to see they will have a solid upper and not just the camo prints. Th Christmas do look good though. I'll be picking up the black/red for city league.

Does anyone happen to know if there's something on the insole of the christmas'?

A quick excerpt from a Chicago tribune article:
The revolutionary commercial was matched by the shoe itself. The Air Jordan III was the first of its kind to include an air window in the sole, a tab in the back and -- at Jordan's request -- a mid-cut that split the difference between a high- and low-top.

"He didn't think he needed the high-top but was nervous about going with the low-top, so we created this," Hatfield said.

It struck a chord with Jordan that Hatfield patterned the shoe after a black panther, with black leather over a pawlike sole. Hatfield recalls Jordan getting a tear in his eye because kids called him "black cat" growing up.

This was a critical time in Jordan's relationship with Nike. Rumors abounded that he was ready to leave the company. But the Air Jordan III was the first to feature the Jumpman logo. Jordan had direct input on the specifications and from that point on, his involvement in the creation of every shoe increased."

I'll try to snap some picks of the insole 2 nite

Last edited:
Needing a pair of the navy blue camo xx8 SE? Can some point me to a size 9.5 for retail or below?

I finally bought the Christmas's today. 

I immediately took out the orange laces, put in a black pair, and put them on the court. They were great, as advertised. 

As I was buying them they had the green camo's on display, and they were REALLY tempting! 

A quick excerpt from a Chicago tribune article:
The revolutionary commercial was matched by the shoe itself. The Air Jordan III ......

Wtf does this have to do with the XX8 SE?

Are you lost? Or did I miss something?..

Last edited:
The dude asked about the significance of the black cat on the insole of the Xmas xx8 se so I found a quick little reference of something.

Last edited:
Oh :lol: ... well then. I didnt even see that on the insole when i tried them on the other day

Haha... No worries. I didn't see it either the first time I peeped them when I got em, only noticed when I pulled the trees out to put them on

I wish there was a HOH around me that had them so I can try them on and see what size I will need.

I immediately took out the orange laces, put in a black pair, and put them on the court. They were great, as advertised. 

As I was buying them they had the green camo's on display, and they were REALLY tempting! 
where did u find the christmas' if u dont mind me asking? thanks in advance!

I wish there was a HOH around me that had them so I can try them on and see what size I will need.
Now that you mention it, what do others think about them for balling?  TTS?

The XX8's felt okay true to size, but I should have tried on a half down just to check.  I think most review sites said TTS?

where did u find the christmas' if u dont mind me asking? thanks in advance!
I live in Allentown, PA (50 minutes North of Philadelphia), and called a few stores in about an hour radius of me. 

The store that had them was at the Park City Mall in house of Hoops in Lancaster PA. 

They said they could ship them to my local Footlocker, but I had to wait 2 full weeks after release date(which would have been this Wednesday)

I was going to just wait, but since I didn't have my kids yesterday I figured I would take the ride.

When I asked to try them on I asked for a 10.5, and the worker brought out a 10.5 and 11. The display shoe was like a 9, which led me to believe they had a lot of pairs available. 

I live in Allentown, PA (50 minutes North of Philadelphia), and called a few stores in about an hour radius of me. 

The store that had them was at the Park City Mall in house of Hoops in Lancaster PA. 

They said they could ship them to my local Footlocker, but I had to wait 2 full weeks after release date(which would have been this Wednesday)

I was going to just wait, but since I didn't have my kids yesterday I figured I would take the ride.

When I asked to try them on I asked for a 10.5, and the worker brought out a 10.5 and 11. The display shoe was like a 9, which led me to believe they had a lot of pairs available. 
repped! thanks for the help!

These are 100% TTS. The tiny amount of dead space is what allows people to go a half size down and not feel constricted. It's all about that personal taste. I like my shoes to fit and not feel cramped anywhere while still moving with my feet whichever direction I go.

Back
Top Bottom