Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

I saw all of those at the all star weekend exhibit and I was really feeling the origami and black/Orange pair. Sucks we couldn't see the inside of the shoe; which we are finding out can really make or break the whole look. The hardwood is dope in person too and stood out the most but again, can't tell what's inside.

Last edited:
So are these actually selling out and selling "well" or just produced in much smaller #s, and therefore less to go around, making it look like they are a huge success? I am curious to grab a pair, but was hoping to grab one on the cheap somehow.

So are these actually selling out and selling "well" or just produced in much smaller #s, and therefore less to go around, making it look like they are a huge success? I am curious to grab a pair, but was hoping to grab one on the cheap somehow.

right now it appears that they are being produced in smaller numbers. the shops in my area got 1 or 2 size runs of each colorway. and now seeing as how the green camos are still sitting around...that means they sold practically none. when u look at the foot locker release locator, very few stores actually got the xx8s. in the bay, only 2 footlockers (serramonte and valley fair) got them, out of like...10+ footlockers. no finishlines got any instore around here. and finishline didnt get the newest colors at all. artificial hype? sure. do i still like em? no doubt

in case anyone was late to the party....here's some of the supposed upcoming colorways

The white leather ones with the wooden heel plate looks cool. The black/red ones too.
The white/black/reds remind me a lot of the aj8's coloring but covering the whole shoe instead of only the plastic heel plates.
red elephant

hardwood

bamboo

origami

knicks

black orange

bulls

am i missing anything? i think the current camos are still my fav

hardwood, bamboo, pistons and chicagos are the only ones i would wear.

dunno if i would buy any of them still.

only the hardwood give me hard wood. but i guess if they come with some crappy neon inside, i might change my mind.

hardwood, bamboo, pistons and chicagos are the only ones i would wear.

dunno if i would buy any of them still.

only the hardwood give me hard wood. but i guess if they come with some crappy neon inside, i might change my mind.
Which ones are the pistons? Yeah the hardwoods look real classy with the leather. A neon green bootie would totally ruin it. Waiting for the shoe to hit ID

Last edited:
in case anyone was late to the party....here's some of the supposed upcoming colorways

red elephant

hardwood

bamboo

origami

knicks

black orange

bulls

am i missing anything? i think the current camos are still my fav
Those Hardwoods look FRESH! Also looks like perforations? I saw a few reviews online commenting on the breathability, so wondering if that would make a difference. Blue Camo is still my favorite (being a UNC guy), so I'm glad I got to scoop those. Out of these posted, I think those Hardwoods are by far the freshest. Cleaning that white shroud if it gets dirty might be a nightmare though. Or I wonder if I could stain with sweat like armpits of an undershirt?

I thought the Black/Orange were Black/Red when I saw the pics last month. Very dissapointed :smh:.

it's not official, and the last pic where they were displayed from the sides, the color looked like bright crimson to me.
I just think they should use deep infared or fire red :wink:

It sucks bcuz JB jacked up a lot of the inner bootie colors...especially on the red camo pair. I'm also not into Nike's infatuation with volt.

It sucks bcuz JB jacked up a lot of the inner bootie colors...especially on the red camo pair. I'm also not into Nike's infatuation with volt.
I have no problem with the volt. It looks nice when done right. The inner bootie of the red camo looks misplaced compared to the black/volt colorway. 

I have no problem with the volt. It looks nice when done right. The inner bootie of the red camo looks misplaced compared to the black/volt colorway. 
At first I didn't like the volt bootie but it grew on me. What I still don't like is the volt line and numbers on the inside of the shroud. Looks tacky with a black background

Fits my definition of "talking down" just because those posters don't happen to value the same things about the Jordans as you happen to. If that was not your intention, it certainly came across that way.

I'm not trying to get wound up in another back-and-forth (your fourth or fifth in this thread alone), so I don't really care beyond this point.

Bottom line I'm entering this thread to see what JB is doing with the XX8 or people's reactions to the pairs they've picked up, yet all I see is another back-and-forth between you and other members. I'm trying to point out why.

Put him on ignore, that's what I did. After he called me a fagg0t via PM and told me he was enjoying trolling me, I knew it was time to just stop seeing his posts. I have no problem calling out close minded people around here, but this should be a place to voice opinions whether they're in the majority or minority. That troll just likes to misquote people and put words in their mouths, then rip them new ones. He gets into it with everyone, so I'm done caring.

Anyone else getting the feeling that the CWs are going to continue to be pretty lame until ID time? It's pretty obvious the vast majority in this thread have some interest in the shoe. I know I do. I haven't found one colorway that isn't whack in my eyes though. If the upper is nice then they ruin it with some awful color underneath. I take that back, the black camos remain the only pair so far I'd buy, and they got recalled so who knows what's up with them. I just have a feeling that when you add in those seven colorways above, that leaves 4 more listed CWs to drop still. Highly doubt any of them are what I'm looking for.

That really sucks IMO. You can bank on a $300 ID just to get the traditional colorways many of us prefer.

Last edited:
Finally! After week's and week's of searching for the Blk/Electric Stealths,
For retail, and missing out on the returns, and cancellations on EB, FNL,
I got my sz ten n half.

Back
Top Bottom