Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

Finally! After week's and week's of searching for the Blk/Electric Stealths,
For retail, and missing out on the returns, and cancellations on EB, FNL,
I got my sz ten n half.

Still baffled at JB's release strategy for these. They're supposed to be your flagship shoe... they should be somewhat attainable. If it's for the hype then :smh:, if they're supposed to be your flagship shoe then they should talk for themselves.

Got in my electric blues today from NDC and i really like them. Hard to say which is my favorite now.

The print is THERMAL IMAGING, not "camo" So for you nickname folks thermal blue, thermal green, etc would be more appropriate.

Anyway here's where I'm at so far. Passed on the reds after seeing them in person and not all that interested in the yellows either. Probably just wait for the IDs now.

Bottom line I'm entering this thread to see what JB is doing with the XX8 or people's reactions to the pairs they've picked up, yet all I see is another back-and-forth between you and other members.

Ahhhhh, so the problem is not the same people whining and crying about the performance of a shoe they've never worn . . . clearly the problem is me asking them if they've worn them on court. Gotcha.

Most of the people ordering multiples of these shoes was disgusted w/ the joints during unveiling :smh:

Is the fact that nike not making enough for them to sit on store shelves making them that much doper? The same thing happened w/ the Joker 3s and that thread :lol:

misterj 

thanks for the pics. I'm hoping that they restock the black/volt colorway. I have the black and the blue camos. Shoes are super comfortable and light.

Most of the people ordering multiples of these shoes was disgusted w/ the joints during unveiling :smh:

Is the fact that nike not making enough for them to sit on store shelves making them that much doper? The same thing happened w/ the Joker 3s and that thread :lol:

I know this is tough to understand but the initial reaction or negative reaction in any given thread has no bearing on who is buying, especially when they're limited.

Every thread you get some chumps saying "same guys knocking them are buying". Never any examples of who those guys are. I've always been on the fence with these because the black/volt colorway wasn't appealing to me and most of them have sucked. I think once ID opens up for these a lot more people will be purchasing.

Got in my electric blues today from NDC and i really like them. Hard to say which is my favorite now.

The print is THERMAL IMAGING, not "camo" So for you nickname folks thermal blue, thermal green, etc would be more appropriate.

Anyway here's where I'm at so far. Passed on the reds after seeing them in person and not all that interested in the yellows either. Probably just wait for the IDs now.

Great pictures man! Can't wait to finally get the blue colorway.

Yeah it would have been but I thought that was the reason you bought 4 pair!
I hear you.  But I really like the shoe and the fact that they are different is what drew me to them.  I've got plenty of retros because I couldn't get them when I was younger but now everybody has pretty much the same collection as far as retros go.  And that's cool.  The XX8 to me was a welcomed change of pace.  

Thanks for sharing the pics.  I have them all except for the blue and yellows.  I saw the blues and yellows today but decided to wait until the weekend to purchase.  Again, thanks for sharing.  

I know this is tough to understand but the initial reaction or negative reaction in any given thread has no bearing on who is buying, especially when they're limited.

Every thread you get some chumps saying "same guys knocking them are buying". Never any examples of who those guys are. I've always been on the fence with these because the black/volt colorway wasn't appealing to me and most of them have sucked. I think once ID opens up for these a lot more people will be purchasing.

WHAT!?!?

Man cats will post anything on here these days to sound smart :lol:

If a shoe unveiled 3 months prior and was labeled as the worse most over priced air jordan/sneaker ever, fast forward to today the shoes have been "limited" b/c the demand was initially low but now everybody HAS TO HAVE THE KICKS? If that's not a problem idk what is :lol:

It's not just this shoe like I stated earlier, I'm just saying its wild seeing people buy multiples of a shoe that b4 all star break was the worse shoe ever created

it still is the worst jordan lol. in this day and age a lot of ppl simply have a hard time passing or sleeping on a shoe. period. they somehow feel left out or something if they don't give in and buy something they may only sort of like

no matter what the imaging is, it still looks like a pile of ****

Ahhhhh, so the problem is not the same people whining and crying about the performance of a shoe they've never worn . . . clearly the problem is me asking them if they've worn them on court. Gotcha.
If they were so unbelievable and worth all the price and hype jb was giving them, would russell westbrook have gone back to his "lower tech" shoes? .....

Those that talk spit eat spit. This shoe is a gamechanger, makes me want to try out the numerical year Jordans. Because the XX3's were **** to play in. 

Ordered the blue camo thru eastbay on RD, I have to admit, the hype kinda made me to cop a pair. I'll have to take a closer look and try em on before I put any judgement. They'r pricey tho, came out like $280 :x , real pricey for retail, I hold the green camo on hands before, from the feel of the materials, I don't think they worth this much, let's see how they feel on feet. I do think Nike/JB is taking advantage on the "shoe game" right now by jacking up the price this much, I don't think it's totally on the cost of the R&D and the tech, Nike/JB have a lot of room to adjust the price, just like the lebron cork, right before RD, they changed the price from $305 to $250, so these could be $180-$200 easy. They prolly want to make even the profit since they knew they gonna release/sell lesser pairs than usual in the initial release (read somewhere here that the left over pairs from the initial release were sent back to NIke), by that, they could create the demand hype as well. For the later colorways, I think they'll release more pairs, just like how they did on the retros, hence sell out for sure. It's working already, these blue, red and yellow camos sold pretty well. These r just my opinions, please don't take it personal if I somehow offend anyone..... :tongue:

it's hands down the worst looking jordan ever.

I think your problem is that you think you're in charge of the planet?

Otherwise, it would be hands down your least favorite looking Jordan, or hands down the one you think looks the worst.

But you offer no acknowledgement of the fact that appearance is subjective and you not liking how the shoe looks doesn't make it the "worst looking jordan ever." Just makes it YOUR least favorite.

I personally love the way the shoe looks, but that doesn't make it the best looking Jordan ever, let alone hands down.

Back
Top Bottom