Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

jordan brand is catering to the hipster "swag" dumbass kids of today that's why they are making **** shoes with ******ed colorways. if they weren't the inside of the red camos would be proper like many have complained about. all these volts and green camo garbage makes me
sick.gif

so us, the wearers, who enjoyed the actual impact are wrong?
no you are just a sucker for paying 100 dollars extra because the zoom sits on an insole with a corny *** name, pretty much. all it does is push down more on the zoom and yall bite on the **** jb is telling you so hard that it seems like heaven in ur minds. This shoe is no better or worse than playing in a pair of 2k4 huarache or any shoe really

no you are just a sucker for paying 100 dollars extra because the zoom sits on an insole with a corny *** name, pretty much. all it does is push down more on the zoom and yall bite on the **** jb is telling you so hard that it seems like heaven in ur minds. This shoe is no better or worse than playing in a pair of 2k4 huarache or any shoe really
Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.  The XX8 isn't worth the $262 after tax to me but it is worth the $190 I paid for them.  Does that make me a sucker as well?  I buy what I like and always have.  If you don't like the shoe then don't buy it.  Buy something else that you feel is worth the sticker price.  There are numerous shoes out now that have excellent materials and great tech for a price well under $250.  

They down talking cuz they can't afford em
I'm not willing to pay 250 a piece for each cw I like but I'm not gonna bash the shoe because i think it is something that was yet to be seen by JB and I really like it. it is something unique from other performance kicks

Was an easy pass. I would rather get a couple pairs of up coming releases. Nice shoe tho.

Last edited:
Has anybody bought/tried on the XX8 hoodie? I know it's ridiculously priced, but I have some coupons and I'm thinking about it.
Anybody gonna cop the $120 shorts that go with these kicks? Crazy
Bad phone shot, camera's out. The shorts are easily the best fitting basketball shorts I've tried. They're usually way too long and baggy/I'm not NBA tall. These hit perfectly just past the knee and run more fitted/less casual. The materials feel really light, breathable, and just plain luxurious, especially the pockets and waist.

The jacket also has a great fit, close to the Olympic 3M jacket. The details are pretty neat, like the removable hood, venting, sleeves, and especially the zippers. Nike puts out $300 product with zips not nearly as nice as the the jacket and shorts'. I'm not going to defend the pricing on the shorts, but the jacket seems fine. I was surprised it wasn't more after trying it on.

They're basic designs that I feel come off as more clean and elegant than boring and simple.

Tastemaker for the planet? I stated my opinion, lol. Is the first person saying they are heat the tastemaker for the planet?

I stated my opinion, he obviously felt hurt and called me a hypebeast.

I don't need research. Their is a reason JB went to complete crap on quality - because shoes are all about fashion now. Why waste money making them great for the court when people aren't wearing them on the court?

I would bet everything I own that if you went to a few gyms, and counted 100 players, you MIGHT see 10 people wearing them. Guarantee.

Plus, people pay outrageous prices for fashion. It's a win/win for them. Cheaper products and higher retail. 

Have you ever compared a pair of retros to a pair of PEs? It's laughable. 
A retro to og comparison is also laughable. You're right about guys not balling in them. There is this study that said only 15% actually ball in them, so like you said, it does allow JB liberties with the quality

Last edited:
Yeah I have it and wear it every day.  Don't be deceived, this thing is much more like a light-weight jacket than a traditional "hoodie".  I took the hood off mine (it's removable with a zipper) and wear it like a jacket to the gym.  Great materials and pretty stylish.

Bad phone shot, camera's out. The shorts are easily the best fitting basketball shorts I've tried. They're usually way too long and baggy/I'm not NBA tall. These hit perfectly just past the knee and run more fitted/less casual. The materials feel really light, breathable, and just plain luxurious, especially the pockets and waist.

The jacket also has a great fit, close to the Olympic 3M jacket. The details are pretty neat, like the removable hood, venting, sleeves, and especially the zippers. Nike puts out $300 product with zips not nearly as nice as the the jacket and shorts'. I'm not going to defend the pricing on the shorts, but the jacket seems fine. I was surprised it wasn't more after trying it on.

They're basic designs that I feel come off as more clean and elegant than boring and simple.
I picked up the whole set as well and love it all.  You're 100% correct on the materials...top notch.  I haven't had an opportunity to wear the shorts yet, but when I opened them I was pleasantly surprised by the materials and construction, really different and light-weight.  Took the hood off my jacket and wear it to the gym.  Really cleans up nice as well.  Expensive yes, but nice.

people that are still looking for the black shroud colorway might still be able to find them with a stock locate.

i was at my mall this weekend and saw them and the green camos in multiple sizes at footlocker. i think its been 2 weeks so they should be send store available.

I don't get the people on this thread who bash the shoe repeatedly EVERY day. We get it you don't like the shoe. We heard you the first 30 TIMES you told us. Why are you wasting your time in this thread if you don't like the shoe? Move on

saw the black/white/blue ones yesterday... would have purchased them but the 250+ tax price tag was a huge turn off.

i can afford it for people that say "you not buying because you broke" but i just dont think these justify the cost vs what else is on the market right now.

best colorway to me so far to be honest tho.

Does anyone have the FTL Sku number so I can stock locate the black volt colorway?

look on ebay. a lot of sellers post pics of the boxes. you dont need to search for a specific size. just make sure you look up mens sizes.

edit: looks like they didnt put the sku on the boxes like they usually do. i did see a listing with someone's receipt tho.

worse case, get the nike SKU and have the cashier look up the product by sku (they should be able to do that) BEFORE trying to stock locate. the search result should yield the FTL sku.

Last edited:
I don't get the people on this thread who bash the shoe repeatedly EVERY day. We get it you don't like the shoe. We heard you the first 30 TIMES you told us. Why are you wasting your time in this thread if you don't like the shoe? Move on
+1

Maybe if they complain 31 times, you'll realize they are cooler than you and you "wasted your money". Disheartened, you will list the shoe on ebay for under retail. They, will then cop the shoe, come back to this forum and say "Well since I got them for $180 worn once, I decided to get them. These shoes are actually kinda hot"

I hated this shoe. Straight up hated it. You can see my early posts in this thread on this shoe. After actually trying the black/green colorway, my whole opinion changed. Folded down, the shoe looks smooth. Zipped up under a pair of jeans, you can't even tell what they are. Just look like some black shoes. I understand them now. I didn't at first, but now I do. And they are GREAT. The inside looks and feels similar to the sock bootie for the 2012's, which was ridiculously comfortable. They just built a shroud around it with the Zoom on the bottom. I really like the way the forefoot feels when moving. It's almost as if it's springing you forward with each step. It's funny because these fall into the category of the 2010 and 2011 for me. Super comfortable and amazing kicks that the general public doesn't even give a try. Fine with me, more pairs for me. The 2010 and 2011 were some of the most comfortable Jordan brand kicks ever. 

Like I said, I hated these at first, but at least I gave them a try. Now if only JB would release those white perf leather ones with the hardwood inserts...

lobotomybeats - not sure if serious. looks like the highs that just released.

Back
Top Bottom