Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

I did the test wear during all star weekend and these felt very snug. Not the most comfortable shoe, but I guess it's desgined that way. When I visited the flight aj exhibit they had some crazy colorways in store for the future. The cement design was the standout of them all.
what size do u wear ?

LOL

I haven't seen any of the sig line Jordan's since the ones after the 23.

Came in here just to see what they looked like and LOL LOL LOL LOL

Thats the ugliest thing I have ever seen! And the price?!?! 

Wow....

Is it a wrestling shoe?! Seriously...looks like some **** a wrestler would wear in wrestlemania lol..

LOL

Wow....
Is it a wrestling shoe?! Seriously...looks like some **** a wrestler would wear in wrestlemania lol..

It's something you have to get used to. Most hated them on first sight but as they saw them over time they started to like them.

They perform really well, which is the point of a basketball shoe. So it's chill.

LOL

Wow....

Good, I'm glad. One less hypebeast to deal with.

Bcuz they are trying to make the shoe "pop" which is dumb. They should've just made the inner bootie black and it would've sold out instantly.

Agreed.
The innershoe should be black with a red jumpman on the tongue.
The inside of the shoe should be black with red 23.
The outsole should be translucent smokey or red.

^Unlikely, they are releasing in such small numbers that the initial releases will most likely not see sales racks.

^Unlikely, they are releasing in such small numbers that the initial releases will most likely not see sales racks.
Was going to say the same. I don't know why people are thinking these will hit the outlets when they are not being mass produced. 

Hypebeast? Nah. I haven't bought a pair of Js in years. 

I have maybe 15 pairs and I wear them every once in a while...

I wear what's comfortable, not what's going to make other people look...

All the newer stuff is garbage and people will buy anything. These prove it.

For the court - if they are good quality, they are fine, but 90% of this thread isn't balling in them. They are buying them for fashion.

That extra 4" sock/bootie is foul. It serves no technical purpose. The shoe ends 4" below it. It's nothing but a piece of fabric that is going to make your feet extra sweaty and looks mad feminine when up...

They should have left that off. People gonna wear these with their leggins tucked in..

LOL

Tree, so since you don't like them, they're garbage? You are the taste maker for the planet? Good to know.

Would also love to see your independent research that confirms that only 10% of the people who purchase the XX8 intend to wear them for athletic activity.

Tree, so since you don't like them, they're garbage? You are the taste maker for the planet? Good to know.

Would also love to see your independent research that confirms that only 10% of the people who purchase the XX8 intend to wear them for athletic activity.
Tastemaker for the planet? I stated my opinion, lol. Is the first person saying they are heat the tastemaker for the planet?

I stated my opinion, he obviously felt hurt and called me a hypebeast.

I don't need research. Their is a reason JB went to complete crap on quality - because shoes are all about fashion now. Why waste money making them great for the court when people aren't wearing them on the court?

I would bet everything I own that if you went to a few gyms, and counted 100 players, you MIGHT see 10 people wearing them. Guarantee.

Plus, people pay outrageous prices for fashion. It's a win/win for them. Cheaper products and higher retail. 

Have you ever compared a pair of retros to a pair of PEs? It's laughable. 

^LOTS of people ball in non-retro Air Jordans, those of us that do are just more savvy about when we make our purchases (i.e. when they go on sale). If you read through this thread you'll see a lot of people giving their impression of the shoes on court, and considering the small amount that's been released I'm willing to bet that the percentage of people who play in these are a lot higher than you think. I'm not arguing that the Air Jordan hasn't become much more of a fashion statement than a performance basketball shoe in the minds of the masses, but to think that people aren't balling in these is just silly.

And for the record, the quality of the later entries in the Air Jordan line have been pretty damn good. I've balled in damn near all of them and quality, materials and craftsmanship (for a mass produced product) have rarely if ever been suspect.

Last edited:
I didn't say people aren't balling in them, I said only 10% are.

I don't even know why I came into this section out of the blue...

Didn't mean to rustle any jimmies, just couldn't believe that EVERYONE likes these. 

Bravo JB, bravo..

Spending $250-$300 on these and then call me the hypebeast. LOL

Tree -

Here was your statement:

"All the newer stuff is garbage and people will buy anything. These prove it."

So, because YOU don't like the shoes, but some people do like the shoes, that is *proof* that people will buy anything?

Why? Because your opinion is the official opinion of earth and if someone likes something you don't like, since your opinion is superior, it proves people will like anything?

Interesting.

So I assume you must be a very important and powerful man in your professional life if your thoughts carry that kind of credibility.

Not only that, but here we are talking about whether people want the XX8 to play in, and since your statement was exposed as nonsense, you immediately change the subject to the poor quality of retros.

Not going to fall for those kind of amateur tactics. Very lame.

Anybody else notice how similar these shoes are to the Jordan Fly Wade EV. I think that's what that shoe is cAlled.

Nope. People are not buying everything nowadays. Actually the mainstream has been very conservative sticking with oldschool kicks/retros instead of wearing contemporary kicks.
Time has moved on and the design needs to evolve not only in functionality but in visual as well
Many of the modern jordans haters seem to forget how the og 11 or 13 were perceived before the release. Often descibed as girls or dancing shoes, monster feet.
But within a short time, people understood the concept of the designer and changed their mind.
The xx8 and most of the air jordans from XV to 2012 were not much different too.
Though the xx8 might write history for being one of the most hatest shoes that sell out at a high retail.
Air jordans are like moderm art. U might love or hate them.

Last edited:
Anybody else notice how similar these shoes are to the Jordan Fly Wade EV. I think that's what that shoe is cAlled.

Dont think so. I would rather say the air zoom gp 1 look a bit similar to these due to the shroud and zipper design.
But the shape is still much different.

Tree -

Here was your statement:

"All the newer stuff is garbage and people will buy anything. These prove it."

So, because YOU don't like the shoes, but some people do like the shoes, that is *proof* that people will buy anything?

Why? Because your opinion is the official opinion of earth and if someone likes something you don't like, since your opinion is superior, it proves people will like anything?

Interesting.

So I assume you must be a very important and powerful man in your professional life if your thoughts carry that kind of credibility.

Not only that, but here we are talking about whether people want the XX8 to play in, and since your statement was exposed as nonsense, you immediately change the subject to the poor quality of retros.

Not going to fall for those kind of amateur tactics. Very lame.
All the newer stuff is garbage. Looks and quality wise. That's my opinion. 

If these said Reebok on the side, they wouldn't sell. Can you agree with that? I know you won't say you agree, but that's a fact. That means that people will buy anything they put out. Period.

Hell, people are paying thousands for Yeezys! Think about that "Air Yeezys". How ridiculous does that sound? But once again, if they were the "Air Rick Ross'" people would laugh at them. 

Peope are sheep. Shoes are garbage, IMO. So were the xx4, xx5, xx6 and xx7.

And how was my statement exposed as nonsense? That's ridiculous. 

How can you expose something that hasn't been proven without doing any research yourself?

If you guys say that my 10% claim is ridiculous, you're saying at least, what, 25% of people are balling in them? Right. 

MOST people buy $300 shows to show off, keep clean and brag. 

I'm wasting life in here. Maybe I'll stop back in another 3-4 years to see another monstrosity...

Enjoy your sneakers..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom