Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

And that's a great point @mister saint laurent, about the new technology in J's. They herald it as THE NEW THING, then never use it again. Why don't they use bottom-loaded zoom on any of their models any more either? Or the "carbon comfort plate" in the 18's (however, from experience, that thing sucked. It made your insole slide all over the place). 

It's cause the new technology is just hype. Different design features year in and year out are great on any shoe, but Nike has made a fortune by marketing performance well beyond its actual impact on the wearer.

Don't understand how people are saying these were difficult to get.
Mileage may vary. I didn't bother buying the three colors after pictures were posted; however, hours later, I didn't have issue back ordering it from Eastbay or adding it in my size on NDC.

I think the best color way so far was the Black/electric green.

And it's kind of crazy that they released three color ways of a $250 shoe in one day. Anyone copping all three has that guap.

i ref youth league and wore my black/volt for 3 games this morning

WOW

there are no words for the fit of this shoe !

now i know how a $250 hoop shoe should feel

will break out my green camo next week and hold for the blues i got off eastbay this morning

they are NOT backordered and will ship in normal processing time !!

DARE TO FLY

Mileage may vary. I didn't bother buying the three colors after pictures were posted; however, hours later, I didn't have issue back ordering it from Eastbay or adding it in my size on NDC.

I think the best color way so far was the Black/electric green.

And it's kind of crazy that they released three color ways of a $250 shoe in one day. Anyone copping all three has that guap.

I honestly didn't believe people were going to stores to get these. Everyone just kept mentioning NDC and Eastbay. I like that they're releasing three colorways. If it was just one, it'll be sold out now.

Dang it... I placed an order at NDC , called to cancel the xx8 yellow but they said they cant as the shoe is ready to ship. Told me to refuse the package when it arraives. If thats the case i might as well look at the shoe and just process the return option.

Dang it... I placed an order at NDC , called to cancel the xx8 yellow but they said they cant as the shoe is ready to ship. Told me to refuse the package when it arraives. If thats the case i might as well look at the shoe and just process the return option.

yea you can't cancel an NDC order unless you do it like 15seconds after you order. The moment you get that confirmation email, is essentially the moment your cancel window closes.

This is so true. But some of the hyped technology does actually work. IMO, the bottom-loaded zoom and independent forefoot are two features that should at least make it onto team j's in the future...

It's cause the new technology is just hype. Different design features year in and year out are great on any shoe, but Nike has made a fortune by marketing performance well beyond its actual impact on the wearer.
This is so true. But some of the hyped technology does actually work. IMO, the bottom-loaded zoom and independent forefoot are two features that should at least make it onto team j's in the future...

A couple comments regarding the XX8 and AJ's in general.

1) In general, I wish Jordan wouldn't brand their stuff so blatantly like they have with the last two models. I especially don't like them writing "flight plate" on the carbon like the xx8's (or, in last year's case, "flight carbon"). I think the technology on the J's should be embedded--it's there, but they don't need to advertise it. I think these blatant labels comes off more like a mid-tier nike shoe.

2) Having said this, does anyone else think the AJXX8 would look better WITHOUT the Jumpman on the side?? I don't have photoshop, or I'd put an image up of the AJXX8 sans jumpman. I just think this is a direction that Jordan should go in the future--let the design be your branding. If the shoes are great enough, they don't need that Jumpman. I think it would give them a more "designer" feel--which is, it seems, exactly what Jordan Brand is trying to do with the XX8's.

I did the test wear during all star weekend and these felt very snug. Not the most comfortable shoe, but I guess it's desgined that way. When I visited the flight aj exhibit they had some crazy colorways in store for the future. The cement design was the standout of them all.

I really wanted the yellow pair too bad it's sold out in my size (

Not gonna pay that reseller price :smh:

A couple comments regarding the XX8 and AJ's in general.

1) In general, I wish Jordan wouldn't brand their stuff so blatantly like they have with the last two models. I especially don't like them writing "flight plate" on the carbon like the xx8's (or, in last year's case, "flight carbon"). I think the technology on the J's should be embedded--it's there, but they don't need to advertise it. I think these blatant labels comes off more like a mid-tier nike shoe.

2) Having said this, does anyone else think the AJXX8 would look better WITHOUT the Jumpman on the side?? I don't have photoshop, or I'd put an image up of the AJXX8 sans jumpman. I just think this is a direction that Jordan should go in the future--let the design be your branding. If the shoes are great enough, they don't need that Jumpwman. I think it would give them a more "designer" feel--which is, it seems, exactly what Jordan Brand is trying to do with the XX8's.
I see your point but I disagree on both counts.  The fight plate on the carbon fiber isn't noticeable while on foot and for the flagship model shoe to not have a jumpman on seems odd.  If your flagship model is the "Cadillac" of the brand then the badge should be seen.  And to be honest the Jumpman on the carbon fiber is minimal.   Given the aesthetic of  XX8 it already looks like a designer shoe.  I think JB has been successful with the launch and what they've done with the tech in the shoe is awesome.  Just my 2 cents Voon.  But again, I do see your point.  

I see your point but I disagree on both counts.  The fight plate on the carbon fiber isn't noticeable while on foot and for the flagship model shoe to not have a jumpman on seems odd.  If your flagship model is the "Cadillac" of the brand then the badge should be seen.  And to be honest the Jumpman on the carbon fiber is minimal.   Given the aesthetic of  XX8 it already looks like a designer shoe.  I think JB has been successful with the launch and what they've done with the tech in the shoe is awesome.  Just my 2 cents Voon.  But again, I do see your point.  
I guess I just don't understand why they suddenly have to label the carbon fiber midfoot shank (something that's been on Jordans since the AJ11) as "flight carbon" starting with the 2012's, when, let's face it, the "flight carbon" midfoot shank on the 2012's is really nothing different than any other AJ. Given, the "flight plate" on the AJXX8 does have a different carbon fiber support technology, but I don't understand why they have to slap a label on it. 

Larger branding, though, is a trend that goes beyond shoes. Look at car logos, for example. The Cadillac symbol is MUCH bigger on present models than it was only ten years ago. The AJ2012 (and 2011, for that matter) had a huge logo on the side (or back on 2011), and when you look at the XX8's logo compared to past models, it's also much bigger and pronounced--white against a black background on every model so far. Before 2011 the most pronounced logo on an Air Jordan was probably the AJ11, which has a jumpman half the size of the 2011 or 2012, and about 2/3 the size of the XX8.

Look, all I'm really saying is that I think *a lack of branding* could be branding in itself for Jordan. High-end clothing designers are defined by the quality of build and effect of their aesthetic instead of branding. Jordan *used* to ascribe to this motto far more. I would like to see them get back to this, and I think it could help them take the next step toward being a designer show AND the top performer.

I really wanted the yellow pair too bad it's sold out in my size (

Not gonna pay that reseller price :smh:

What size are you looking for? Looks like NDC still have a few sizes. Keep an eye on the link because sizes do randomly pop up. Also you might want to call them.

^^^^^Last I checked each one was available on FTL for each size.

EDIT: NVM seems to be only the larger sizes.

Last edited:
walkin thru serramonte right now...hoh only got the reds and footaction got blue and reds. neither received any yellows. copped the blue ones. looked at the reds....that orange is nasty

Why on earth did they put orange with the red? That just makes no sense.

I would definitely get these if i still hooped or if the price was a lower. 250 is too much for these imo.

Back
Top Bottom