Air Jordan XVI Low 2012 Retro Sample????

If i'm not mistaken the best selling xvi believe it or not were the white/red lows if i remember correctly. I remember the white/red lows being the most difficult pair of xvi's to cop. I think this is the only instance in jordan brand history in which a low sold much better than the mids. Can anyone else concur?
They weren't difficult to get at all. They came out around the summertime I think and a lot of people had them going back to school.

Cherrywoods only sold as soon as they went on sale.

Black & reds & midnight navy XVI's sold out in da morning da day of @ 160 retail.

I've always had a thing for XVI's, but not the lows. My favorite mids are the navy and white and the cherrywoods personally.

It's crazy how the Cherrywoods are getting so much love. This sat on shelves. Then they sat on shelves in outlets. Those and the gingers were copped for like 30.00 at Champs Sports.

Nothing is appreciated in its own time, people tend to appreciate things in retrospect.
great quote.

plus after JBs re-re-re-re-retros most older heads are super sick of Black/white/red based colorways.

I know i've been fieinding for some 17s like crazy since those awful 6-17-23 fusions came out a few years back:smh:

Just don't know if JB will ever get the balls to drop something above 14. its been long enough

i hated da cherrywoods to be honest...those and da gingers removed da patent leather toe and made em look bleh....

It's crazy how the Cherrywoods are getting so much love. This sat on shelves. Then they sat on shelves in outlets. Those and the gingers were copped for like 30.00 at Champs Sports.

Nothing is appreciated in its own time, people tend to appreciate things in retrospect.
great quote.

plus after JBs re-re-re-re-retros most older heads are super sick of Black/white/red based colorways.

I know i've been fieinding for some 17s like crazy since those awful 6-17-23 fusions came out a few years back:smh:

Just don't know if JB will ever get the balls to drop something above 14. its been long enough
I remember reading somewhere there is supposed to be a retro 17 coming out that was similar to the croc/coppers. I think it was in the XI Qam thread.

I have the OG's.

They look plain without the Jordan on the midsole

The XVI aren't a favorite of mine. I only like the lows.

I got those all black low 16s back in 2001 for Christmas and recently bought them again on ebay, I actually wouldn't mind if they retrod again specially the Cherrywoods and Gingers.

What's not to like about XVIs?
2h6t7qt.jpg

262a4yb.jpg

feenin' for the low top red's.....finding a DS pair is like a needle in the hay stack...
I found my deadstock pair about 3 years ago for 115 shipped! .. I had to undeadstock em and wear them tho. They are extremely clean and real comfortable!.. I remember gettin my first pair when they first came out in junior high. I painted a shed and garage for em :rofl:

Another pic
air-jordan-xvi-2012-retro-samples.jpg

Would have copped the midnights and black & white mid. I like how they gave them the cherrywood/ginger inside, but patent leather toe box, I like em! Hopefully we get a couple xvi retro's soon...no way I won't cop

Another pic
air-jordan-xvi-2012-retro-samples.jpg

I would have been all over the black pair, was hoping for a black colorway of the alternate version 16s since the Brownie samples back in the day.

The navy pair looks off though, the laces, upper, toe box. All wrong

Last edited:
I had the cherrywoods I loved them. It was always funny getting the looks from people when I wore one shroud gray and the other reversed.

even wit the foam like toebox ill take it!!!! still hopin they change by release cuz its been a loong time!!!

Never got a chance to own a nice pair...if theyre retro'd, I may go for them....no lows though

Back
Top Bottom