Air Jordan XVI Low 2012 Retro Sample????

My very first pair of Jordans ever, had to beg my mom to buy them for me.. I had the Maroon ones, found the box the other day but I have no idea where the sneakers went... 

xvi's one of my fav jordans i nvr owned yes i would like to see these this year cherrywoods or a flint c/w

Last edited:
Bring back some OG colorways for the mids... I wouldn't mind seeing some retro+ colorways either if done right.

You guys are crazy. The black xvi lows are perfect for rain/snow.

Bought a pair recently for like $60 shipped. Perfect shoe.

My black/red mids are beat and they didn't have my size in the cherry woods when they released a decade+ ago. Online sites weren't readily available like today. Any one of those color ways in a mid and I am on it like white on rice!

Those were the worst selling xvi's of the bunch. Highly doubt jb would want to introduce a possible retro of the xvi line beginning with the release of the black silver xvi low. Even outlets had a hard time selling them for around $40. They were also horrible to ball in.

Chill, da gingers were.

It's crazy how the Cherrywoods are getting so much love. This sat on shelves. Then they sat on shelves in outlets. Those and the gingers were copped for like 30.00 at Champs Sports.

It's crazy how the Cherrywoods are getting so much love. This sat on shelves. Then they sat on shelves in outlets. Those and the gingers were copped for like 30.00 at Champs Sports.

look at what happend to the olive ix's. hype sells.

jordan brand might as well bring the mocha 3 back out and watch them sell out too :lol:

jordan brand might as well bring the mocha 3 back out and watch them sell out too :lol:
I wouldn't call it hype. Its just a colorway that hasn't been seen in over 10 years. Hell the 16s have only been retroed once anyway.

Nothing is appreciated in its own time, people tend to appreciate things in retrospect.

I find it so funny that the colorways we thought were garbage back in the day are all of a sudden everyones grail. Who knew olive ix's, mocha 3's, and xvi's would be so popular when they were rotting in the outlets well into the fall of 02/winter of 03.

I'll play. Here's my pairs.

View media item 216911
View media item 216917
supa vegetto is right. I was working at Finish Line at the time these came out, and the Cherrywoods got ZERO love. I was the same way, but I'm glad I got them when they were marked to $40 and got to use my 30% employee discount. :smile:

If i'm not mistaken the best selling xvi believe it or not were the white/red lows if i remember correctly. I remember the white/red lows being the most difficult pair of xvi's to cop. I think this is the only instance in jordan brand history in which a low sold much better than the mids. Can anyone else concur?

Last edited:
Those colorways were to "wild" at the time. In today's time, those wild weird colors are selling like hot cakes. HB has always been a trendsetter.

So now the XVI Low is going to be everyone's grail too?

Everytime you turn around that expression is thrown around. Bull!!! They buying just because. As for the pic, they just look like something Ray could have broken out from his stash is all. They don't look like anything recent on first glance.

Initialy yes. They sat for a few weeks, then people got hip and boom. They were gone in a blink. I passed on them. A few months after they were gone, we got two pairs of a cherrywood/navy hybrid. Meaning, cherrywood upper with the navy outsole. I thought they were fakes but upon further inspection they were legit. I forgot who bought them but I should have copped. I wasn't feeling the cherrywoods like that (still don't), but that navy outsole was :smokin

Last edited:

True I was one of the only people with both of them as a freshy in high school. No one liked them! everyone bought the black/red & blue/white (I did to) but cherrywoods then and now will always be one of my fav j's.. would prob double up if & when they drop again.

If i'm not mistaken the best selling xvi believe it or not were the white/red lows if i remember correctly. I remember the white/red lows being the most difficult pair of xvi's to cop. I think this is the only instance in jordan brand history in which a low sold much better than the mids. Can anyone else concur?
They weren't difficult to get at all. They came out around the summertime I think and a lot of people had them going back to school.

Back
Top Bottom