Air Jordan VI Carmine confirmed for 2014

I'm trying to figure out how CURRENT distribution/allotment/production numbers have any relevancy to nostalgia...

Especially when no Jordans were limited during their OG runs...

Actually, J's were pretty limited in the 80's-early 2000's. Production numbers were not 100,000 for a general release. This is why people were getting robbed for shoes. Yes, they may have set on shelves then, but during those times $100+ for a tennis shoe was too expensive for most households.

yeah I seen these in hand the other day, the quality is not bad. nothing crazy either though

Ill be copping since I didnt have a chance to cop the cdp back in the day, but is it me or is the shape looking bad...

Funny how couple days ago everyone was talking about how bad quality are on these...

Now that people start seeing them and actually touching them quality is not as bad :smh:

I blame trolls :nerd: I'll be copping since I never owned a pair of Carmines....

Last edited:
I've been waiting on these since the pack dropped back in 08...I don't care what the quality is like..Must-have for me...

Actually, J's were pretty limited in the 80's-early 2000's. Production numbers were not 100,000 for a general release. This is why people were getting robbed for shoes. Yes, they may have set on shelves then, but during those times $100+ for a tennis shoe was too expensive for most households.

No they were not. Production numbers were lower, but "hype" didn't really exist back then when it came to sneakers.

People got robbed for them, but they were still on shelves in stores. People didn't get robbed for them because they were unavailable, people got robbed for them because $100 was a lot of money to buy on shoes, especially when the ski mask way was much cheaper.

Your statement actually contradicts itself.

Why does Jordan Brand not paint the little "V" shape above the inside-front icy sole anymore? 

The only ones that came originally painted from 1991 were the Maroons and Black Infrareds, the rest of the 6s were left white.

The white Infrareds from 2010 and 2008 Carmine's were painted which is incorrect. These Carmine's and the White Infrareds are in correct form to the originals

I still have mine from 2008 pack that I haven't worn yet. Still pristine, but the clear sole yellowed. Since mine are still unworn, I'll just have to find the opportunity to restore the soles on my own.

I still have mine from 2008 pack that I haven't worn yet. Still pristine, but the clear sole yellowed. Since mine are still unworn, I'll just have to find the opportunity to restore the soles on my own.

not saying anything bad about your post just happy i'm not a sneaker head or collector :pimp:

Last edited:
 not saying anything bad about your post just happy i'm not a sneaker head or collector
pimp.gif
I understand you didn't say anything bad about me. I'm into sneaks, but I'm not a collector like that myself. I just get what I like, I try not to get everything because I don't want to have the same things as everyone else. 

I think its time to wear them

Last edited:
SON!

My local facebook room acts like the CDP was the greatest era of Jordan quality every. I clearly remember the hate that the CDP (rightfully) received when it launched several years ago. For me, it was an opportunity to add certain sneakers to my collection that I never had, most notably the Carmine VI, Bred XI, and Black/white XIII's. I didn't really care too much about quality (not many people did back then, in fact), but at no point did I ever think the quality was mind blowing. In hindsight, the quality is even worse than I thought it was back then.

Funny how things change over time.

But like BigJ said in one of these threads, cats sweat the Piston VI's and I think the Orion VII's get some love nowadays, so it's whatever.
It´s funny how everybody talks about quality these days when 99% of the Jordan-heads wouldn´t basketball in these and give them like 10 wears a year.

I can understand with 3s and 4s, where there is nasty pain-cracking in the midsoles (although I personally havn´t had that problem yet), but to be honest I don´t care too much if the materials they use now are inferior to the OGs.

Back
Top Bottom