Air Jordan VI Carmine confirmed for 2014

Why does Jordan Brand not paint the little "V" shape above the inside-front icy sole anymore? 

Last edited:
Just a general question regarding how to cop these... Do your guys' FTL do tickets the week before releases like this? Mine just passes out tickets the Sunday before a release. They are FCFS but guarantee you the shoe, which is how I got the concord lows and snakeskins, and hopefully how I will get these. Is this a common FTL thing, or is it just the store that I'm going to?

I will cop for retail and retail only with these. Not ready to supply somebodies come up.

I can't wait for these to come out. Not much has interested me this year because I honestly didn't think a lot of the Jordan's were worth the effort it would take to get a pair (and the fact that eastbay cheated me out of my pair of infrareds) but I've been waiting on these ever since I missed out on the cdp pack in 08-09 (can't remember the exact year). I've been following niketalk since 2001-2002 I've rarely posted because I never felt like it. I've tried to log in recently but I guess they deleted my old account due to lack of use. I decided to make a new 1 just to throw in my 2 cents on a couple of things discussed in this post. 1) "sneaker heads" get worked up over the silliest things. 2) from a business standpoint nike's marketing strategy is brilliant because it feeds into and enables the sneaker head mentality. 3) I remember when the only thing you had to worry about on release Saturday was having the money to begin with and waking up before noon 4) the older heads need to come to terms with the fact that those days are long gone. 5) the younger heads need to understand that the older heads buy sneakers for the nostalgia and not just because rappers wear them and respect that. 6) I enjoy reading when someone "trolls" you guys and your heads explode because of it. Likewise to the trolls: we aren't laughing with you, we are laughing at you. Being a troll and responding to a troll is a lose lose situation . Good luck to those hunting for their Carmine's and to those that miss out life goes on and so do we btw do jmadidas and ekin still exist? I owe those dudes a great deal of thanks for keeping me up to date on releases etc over the years. That is all for now. Peace

Well stated, my friend.

And a Giants fan, too? Welcome...damnit, welcome!

Carmine 6s being more hyped than an Concord XI?

2nvfrl2.gif

I just LOVE this gif. Dayday's face in that scene is hilarious...he wasn't trynna hear NOTHING that Cube was telling him..

Stores already got em? How was the quality? Personally idc cause it will eventually break down either way if its ball or not just curious.
It sounds crazy, but Retro's aren't made to be balled in. They're shoes for fashion, not function.
my brothers both played(outside basketball on bad asphalt courts and some indoors) in the white/varsity red low 11's. they are still in tact. ****** up lookin, but still wearable.

Last edited:
you guys kill me. Now the materials on the these are trash and the CDPs are so great? I remember when the CDPs dropped dudes were like damn the quality on these is horrible. Now yall acting like the CDPs is OG quality. Wait till these re release in 2018 or 19, dudes gonna be damn i wish these was 2014 quality. :rolleyes

SON!

My local facebook room acts like the CDP was the greatest era of Jordan quality every. I clearly remember the hate that the CDP (rightfully) received when it launched several years ago. For me, it was an opportunity to add certain sneakers to my collection that I never had, most notably the Carmine VI, Bred XI, and Black/white XIII's. I didn't really care too much about quality (not many people did back then, in fact), but at no point did I ever think the quality was mind blowing. In hindsight, the quality is even worse than I thought it was back then.

Funny how things change over time.

But like BigJ said in one of these threads, cats sweat the Piston VI's and I think the Orion VII's get some love nowadays, so it's whatever.

LOL...Do you really think that shoes made 20+ years ago are made for playing basketball in? C'mon son...

Speaking specifically on the VI, heel air (not full length) and no zoom...you think that's a basketball shoe? LOL

Jordan Brand makes performance shoes...they are not retros, however.

That's why most retro basketball sneakers that aren't Jordans are released under the NSW line, not the Nike Baskebtall line. Same goes with retro running shoes.

Last edited:
I'm not a re-seller and I prefer shoes to be limited. Not super limited though.

It adds nostalgia to the shoe, I hate how the infared 6 was so easy to cop. Days after it's release you could've still copped no problem. I see so many people down here in FL rocking the infared 6's, it's almost as common as seeing Roshe Runs. Takes away so much historic value. 

I don't mind when I see someone else rocking the same shoe as me, but when it happens on every corner, that's a problem. Glad I passed on those 6's, If these are gonna be super GR like those, pass.

I'm trying to figure out how CURRENT distribution/allotment/production numbers have any relevancy to nostalgia...

Especially when no Jordans were limited during their OG runs...

speaking of cdp i wouldn't mind getting my hands on the 8/15 pack mostly for the 15s and the 3/20 pack. The 10/13 is intriguing as well. 

Those Olympic 6's are nice. Now that's a multiple colored 6 that I'm close to grabbing. I look at the pair for sell in the buy/sell forum once a week and almost pull the trigger every time, if only they were DS

Are the Olympic 6's nice? I like the colorway, but everyone I know that's had a pair has always said they were crap.

Are the Olympic 6's nice? I like the colorway, but everyone I know that's had a pair has always said they were crap.
The pair from 2000 is easily top three 6 in my book, above these Carmine's too. Couldn't stand that midsole switch back in 2012, couldn't understand it either. Couldn't even bring back a jump man model back in its original form? Oh well not gonna derail the thread with this nonsense lol I'ma just hope and pray for them to officially return in 2016.

As for these, good luck to everyone, don't think you'll need it though. 

I almost forgot the CDP 17, 18, 20, and 21 came pre-ashy too.

17's were very ashy and they fit extremely tight
18's, 20's, and 21's were just completely unappealing to me.

Man, a good portion of the "Pack Era" was booty, imo...
Honestly, the best pack I picked up was the AJ-1 60+ DMP Bulls/celts pack in 2009.
Grabbed a second pack months after RD on Eastbay for around $170.
Stiff leather, but the pairs I wear still look DS 5yrs later.

Back
Top Bottom