Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

I’ve had mine “restored/cleaned” & they are still are yellowed as hell. You got a good pair

I agree but that doesn’t mean they won’t give you bs about it... had to sit & have a lame bnf with a ftl employee cuz he brought me a dinged up og1 box & I was picking up 20-30 mins before cutoff. Fam swapped my box tho I wasn’t gonna apple pay until he did.

Wow that’s interesting. Here is mine so far.

35E9AABC-68C3-4877-99A3-130C611008BD.jpeg

It's probably from humidity storing them, or the sun. Either way, they look great; wear them and don't worry! The OGs (which I had) yellowed like crazy back in the day. Just enjoy; they really don't look bad.

The NIKE AIR off centered is not a mistake. Its how they wanted it. All you need to do is look at the Nike Air on the Insole. Its the exact same way. Would like to what they were thinking though when the first sample came in. They had to look at it and say something is not right. But than again you have Gentry that always wants to make sure no shoe is an exact replica of the OG's because he wants show love to the collectors. This is a way to to get very close but also say close but no cigar, and everybody will still cop multiples. Win - Win for Nike. Would I like it to be correct? Yes of course, but still going to cop my 6 pair. Putting 3 in constant rotation to avoid crumbling down the line. 1 pair will be kept DS forever. And will have 2 on Ice to break out a couple years apart in a few years. Will do it all over again when they release in 2025 :smile:

bred4s.jpg
Got mine delivered today, did the NT inspector gadget on it and didnt see any major flaws/defect to complain about so I'm at least satisfied about that. I also don't usually do the double up anymore, but man it's going to be hard to resist not getting a second pair..
Yikes not sure if its the angle or not but, the height on yours looks really low compared to some. I was hoping for consistency on the height for all pairs. maybe not.

Yikes not sure if its the angle or not but, the height on yours looks really low compared to some. I was hoping for consistency on the height for all pairs. maybe not.

Probably the angle. I knew it was an awkward angle when I took it lol.Also I put the nike keychain behind the wing part blocking the rest of the height of the shoe so it's hard to tell from my pic.

bred4s.jpg
Got mine delivered today, did the NT inspector gadget on it and didnt see any major flaws/defect to complain about so I'm at least satisfied about that. I also don't usually do the double up anymore, but man it's going to be hard to resist not getting a second pair..
the gray outsole peak lines up with the nubuck peak in regard to the slant. Most Ive seen the nubuck slants too far forward. I hope my pair is close to yours.

Need my pair to get here already.. got someone waiting for them at my place to prevent morons from moroning and they're getting anxious. Of all days.. today is the day they pick to deliver post 4pm. I wish there was a better way of securing a package. :smh:

I get it 200-220 is a lot for a pair of shoes but I will gladly drop that over the 160 I paid for the 2012s. Nit picking is the NT way but I guarantee in a game time decision only the most anal will turn this pair down.

This just in BTW. Was stuck in the house all day but well worth it for these. Def did some comparison shots. Far better than their 2012 counterparts...in every way. I don’t think ppl understand how hard it was to not wear my 2012s because they were so prone to chip. Same with 07 aquas, all 2011 3s and 2012 4s. Love the Nike tag....no need to source anymore plastic tags like the ones on my WC4s. Feels great on feet. No complaints from me, need 2 more pairs and I’m set. Til Cool Greys 4s
71FF7B28-FF0A-483F-8713-104F588B626B.jpeg
957FEDA9-834E-49D8-979B-4917495292E9.jpeg
0DFF279D-1A76-4A35-A77D-7D2BBD522C35.jpeg
7802B5F0-9FCF-4FBA-917A-3B00B3D15646.jpeg

BBD7F3CC-1081-4FB3-96F2-0171EE15718A.jpeg

And to those who feel a way about the yellowing just enjoy them, min aren’t optic white and I’m fine with that.....if I start to feel a way I have 2 more pairs on ice.

The NIKE AIR off centered is not a mistake. Its how they wanted it. All you need to do is look at the Nike Air on the Insole. Its the exact same way. Would like to what they were thinking though when the first sample came in. They had to look at it and say something is not right. But than again you have Gentry that always wants to make sure no shoe is an exact replica of the OG's because he wants show love to the collectors. This is a way to to get very close but also say close but no cigar, and everybody will still cop multiples. Win - Win for Nike. Would I like it to be correct? Yes of course, but still going to cop my 6 pair. Putting 3 in constant rotation to avoid crumbling down the line. 1 pair will be kept DS forever. And will have 2 on Ice to break out a couple years apart in a few years. Will do it all over again when they release in 2025 :smile:
win win?

what kind of win is it that the OG isnt replicated? No one is going to be fooled that it isnt brand new and not 30 years old. wtf

957FEDA9-834E-49D8-979B-4917495292E9.jpeg
Sorry if mentioned. But if they raised the heel bump about a quarter inch compared to the WC then maybe the piece going around the bottom of the tab takes up or lays over it just enough to force them to throw the NA off? Forcing the logo to be raised slightly. They were forced to move it over to keep the tail of the swoosh from going outside the tab. tonytobacco tonytobacco

Last edited:
i have WC4s with the yellowed netting, but i painted them back to white with angelus flat white paint

Back
Top Bottom