Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Not at all. If anywhere is the right place to speak your complaints it’s here on Niketalk. Actually the people that complain about people complaining are the ones I’ve been thinking about banning from the threads

Yeah Steve that’s all cool but now you have the complainers complaining about the folks who aren't complaining and for whatever reason CAN find a way to appreciate the shoe lol. So what do we do about that? Gotta play it both ways. My thing is this: Voice your complaint 1 or 2 times and move on. No need to constantly beat folks in the head about the imperfections and discrepancies (the shoe is made already), as if you know something I/we don't know. I know how it should be. I know what is and what it isn't. I'm still copping. I'm still excited about the shoe.

Some progress is better than no progress. I and others have been on the site complaining for close to two decades! Some of these new guys are on here carrying the "complaint torch" like it's something new. Because of our ALREADY MADE complaints, Nike attempted to answer those complaints and created the remastered program and at least attempted to address concerns. NA is back (albeit off centered on this one), durabuck is back. Shape is trying to come back etc. All this do to OUR years of complaints. Is it perfect? Hell no. Has progress been made since 2012? Hell yes. I just think everybody needs to calm down and realize/remember how bad it used to be. We had horrible quality, wrong materials and jumpman air on shoes that we're limited and some had to even camp out for because production numbers were not like they are today. Also the buying process was a zoo compared to now where everyone generally copps with ease. Dudes have to remember where we came from. That's all I'm saying. It's not perfect but you can't just overlook progress like that.

Last edited:
Ive been having a hard time understanding why one of faketories doesnt take a leap of faith and make actual OG renditions of their fakes, If i was in charge of one of them it would be the first thing I'd do. I'd probably go as far as making everything what it used to be down to the open cell polyurethane, just go the full distance with it and charge like 300 with no regard to whatever the hell Jordan Brand decides to put out. Beat them at their own game. Give the people what they really want and tell JB to kick rocks if they want to keep f-ing around with these variant looking tribute retros. They obviously have the resources. Its a huge waste to me that they instead try to copy that year's authentic retro. Seems much more insurmountable and 100 percent more trouble trying to predict what's coming instead of simply remaking what has already happened.

But looking at the dumb mistakes they make in reproduction and silly interpretations it becomes clear that the old brainpower is in short supply over there and something like this would never occur to them.

If they werent sketchy and were made with some sort of care I'm sorry to say at this point Id probably cop. The lines are getting real blurred between authentics and fakes as it stands right now anyway. Nike's response to it isnt to increase the standard of quality and build to set the shoes apart from fakes but instead they decide to makes these cheap ace QR codes on the box :stoneface:

Because they don't want to draw attention to themselves, and they want to do it as cheaply as possible.

23mj88 23mj88

Thanks for the pics broski

But... I enjoyed your comeback and follow up responses more though... :rofl:

One of the best I've seen on here in a while.

Puff your chest out my dude like you just did your sets at the gym :lol:

On to the pics...

The off centered Nike Air kills it the most for me.

I still have my 99's, but haven't worn them since probably like 2001-2002 so if I do they will crumble.

I will try to obtain a pair online only, but if I miss out it's okay too I'm not going to line up or camp or anything like that.

Thanks fam. Apparently I’m not well known around here enough to be trusted. But if you know me, you know I’m not coming with that BS, been in the game too long for that ish. It is what it is.

Getting slack for trying to provide pics for y’all. Enjoy fam. Hope we all eat come release date.

23mj88 23mj88

Thanks for the pics broski

But... I enjoyed your comeback and follow up responses more though... :rofl:

One of the best I've seen on here in a while.

Puff your chest out my dude like you just did your sets at the gym :lol:

On to the pics...

The off centered Nike Air kills it the most for me.

I still have my 99's, but haven't worn them since probably like 2001-2002 so if I do they will crumble.

I will try to obtain a pair online only, but if I miss out it's okay too I'm not going to line up or camp or anything like that.

Thanks fam. Apparently I’m not well known around here enough to be trusted. But if you know me, you know I’m not coming with that BS, been in the game too long for that ish. It is what it is.

Getting slack for trying to provide pics for y’all. Enjoy fam. Hope we all eat come release date.

Never had 89’s or 99’s so this will be my first chance to grab one my top 3 shoes of all time. Hurry up May!

so it seems the fakes we have been seeing are pretty accurate, that supa dupa rupa dudes pair was pretty close to the recent champs pics.. although ive never seen a champs with shoes this early. its normally a week before release stores will get their shipments. So until we actually see the official pics im still hesitant to believe that the champs pics are real shoes. I dont see how Nike can give us such nice retros over the past few years and then hack these so bad that im hesitant to buy them after waiting 20 years. I hope im right but we will see. its just funny tho out of every source of early pics one champs has them already? that does not make since to me at all.

That Nike Air looks terrible on the back. How can something that off pass quality control?

I'm hoping they don't all look like that. If they do, I may have to pass.

Hilarious, this thread.

That Nike Air looks terrible on the back. How can something that off pass quality control?

I'm hoping they don't all look like that. If they do, I may have to pass.

I believe they all will look like that. You may want to save yourself some time and just go ahead and commit to passing now lol.

Advertising for the black market? I guess. Maybe thats just what black market companies wants...all eyes on them. I can see it happening, a small rag tag UA company that hides in the shadows ripping off a nike made shoe out plays the 30 billion dollar company. Nike who contributes billions to chinas economy can't do anything to the ua company selling fake nike's to ntr's & never has to worry about retribution to its company because they will "thrive".

My friend...I believe the ua companies stay alive because they're small fry. They make waves, they get smashed. These companies aren't out to shine, they're trying to make a buck while staying under the radar selling fakes. You know....Black Market.

@tonytobacco has a good idea, but I think you're right. Let's say they did get off the ground and started producing true to form OGs, as soon as they start moving units in decent numbers or start affecting the hype for Nike releases, the Nike hammer is coming down full force. One factory doing this is easily singled out and taken care of, it would take all the fake factories doing it at once to cause real trouble for Nike.

Nike just needs to retire if this is their new standard. They stopped giving ANY ****s at this point. "Just slap this trash together and get it out there, these ***holes will take it with a smile." Thats all I see when I look at that heel. ZERO appreciation/gratitude/respect for their customer base.

No more thought put into it than a cheap chinese halloween mask with the elastic string stapled to it. Or those Sonic the hedgehog popsicles from an ice cream truck with the eyeball drooped down like sloth from goonies. F this

These still selling out will be the reason they will continue to not care. Why put more effort/resources/quality if you are going to sell the same amount of shoes but make an even bigger profit by cutting corners? Most people won't care about the differences and those in here that are disappointed still say they are picking up 1 or 2 pairs.

So what is their motivation to change? As long as we, the consumers keep buying, they have none.

Back
Top Bottom