Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

I guess.

I just find it odd that a huge chain like Champs got pairs and not one pic leaked.

We’ll see if he BS’n or not though.

As far as the low top discussion goes. I put my black royal 4s, which I have worn all day next to some original 96 black red ie lows. They almost match in height exactly. Would love to see what a low in the 80s looked like compared to my 96s.

rds0yxfd2dy7ah1ynn3f.jpg

Here you go...

They're low tops now man. NO IF'S, AND'S, OR BUTS...

|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l

Wow. I really thought you all were crazy. Truly thought the 1989 was a lower cut and you were all buggin. Well, I still want this new release though. I can see all the gripes for sure. We will see. I have wanted a Nike branded black red 4 for sooooo long. Being honest, I will still grab a pair for my collection and beat tf out of my 2012 with no remorse.

Happens on every anticipated release. Someone’s “boy” who works in the stock room shows NTer a pair early. NTer comes back to thread and relays his own grim view and opinion on what the shoe is like and pretty much attempts to ruin it for everybody. Official pics surface, everyone gets to fairly draw their own conclusion which almost always results in everyone copping on RD. Nothing new here, I’ve seen this story.

What's funny is that I still know how to do this, and MOST FATALITIES, from this game. My FAVORITE franchise growing up.

:lol:

Wow. I really thought you all were crazy. Truly thought the 1989 was a lower cut and you were all buggin. Well, I still want this new release though. I can see all the gripes for sure. We will see. I have wanted a Nike branded black red 4 for sooooo long. Being honest, I will still grab a pair for my collection and beat tf out of my 2012 with no remorse.

Yeah man. I could tell you thought I was lying. I'm not one of these attention ******, who posts, and rants for notoriety, and likes. Anyways, I'll probably still double too. Only because they're my favorite all-time Jordan, and I have a pair of EVERY release, but the OG. We'll see though. My money ain't all that right now, and I have bills.

Last edited:

Here you go...

They're low tops now man. NO IF'S, AND'S, OR BUTS...

|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l

interesting how on the OG outsole the gray triangle peak at the midfoot kind of sits more straight up where on retros its slanted slightly forward. And it throws off the upper as you go up from there on the retros because they still kept the lines parallel to it. Then it resulted in a weird net cut out on them compared to the original. Like on the 99s you can tell they couldnt have the bottom of it sit flat because it wouldve left too much of it exposed toward the back, so they kicked up the nubuck underneath it making it tilted forward. The OG netting looks way better. This is what happens when you edit tinker's design without thoroughly seeing what he did.

Im pretty sure this is the origin of the height issues with the 4. Theyre trying to compensate for the 1st mistake made with the outsole. It threw everything off from the bottom up.

Last edited:
If they come out with bad QC/Crappy materials that just means to get two pairs. Those 2012 were horribly made, but my real regret is not getting two pairs.

interesting how on the OG outsole the gray triangle peak at the midfoot kind of sits more straight up where on retros its slanted slightly forward. And it throws off the upper as you go up from there on the retros because they still kept the lines parallel to it. And it resulted in a weird net cut out on them compared to the original.

Yup. Plus, you really can't tell from that OG pair... But OG cement shade was actually grey. The cement shade on the retros, have a bluish tint to them.

I just saw them while picking up the KD 12s at champs.

Material is spot on to the 2008 CDP. Felt very cheap. The shape and height was similar to all recent 4s. The two pairs I saw had meh paint jobs. It’s crazy how JB can remake the concords to be such a great retro yet they can’t get the 4s to that 89/99 shape. Sad really.
There you have it.

There you have it.

I want to say the same thing happened in the infrared thread. Someone seen them early and came back saying they were trash etc etc. You see how that release went. Most were satisfied with the product.

Back
Top Bottom