Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Its not even about beating that 1 pair. But having a backup pair just in case you get the first pair messed up. I clean my shoes after every wear so it's hard for me to beat them. But my concord's I messed them up cuz I had a pastrami sandwich and the oil from the sandwich dripped on to the white mesh making a huge brown spot on them. I tried cleaning them but it still look messed up so I sold it lol. My cool grey 11s the nubuck got a blue stain on the uppers cuz my jeans bled on it

Never understood the double up, unless it’s a shoe you’re gonna beat and actually get your moneys worth, then repeat. Having shoes sitting there brand new does absolutely nothing for me. It’s wear or get rid of.
Cetrain jordans are a form of art to me. It's nice to have a fresh pair to just admire....or if your shoes are getting worn, yiu think, damn, I remember when these were new, boom, you have another pair.

I double up on certain pairs because I'm a size 12.5 in most Jordan's and resale can be insane on 12.5. Better the get 2 when they come out and I can always sell the DS one for much more in the future if I end up not beating the first pair enough.

I just built this shelf.... Waiting on the black 4s now to fill that void.
_20190406_154641.JPG

Cetrain jordans are a form of art to me. It's nice to have a fresh pair to just admire....or if your shoes are getting worn, yiu think, damn, I remember when these were new, boom, you have another pair.
the only shoe I've doubled up on for the same reason, the sh!tty 2012. Will try again this time, but one will suffice

I could’ve written that same post Word for Word. My mom would only buy me an Air Jordan for a back to school shoe. That meant low top twos in the eighth grade. Fire red threes in the ninth grade. Fire red fours in the 10th grade. Black metallic fives were the first pair I bought for myself and got them the day they came out.
My mom and pops couldn't afford the price after buying me the Ones for $65. That was like taking out a second mortgage on the house. Was told to get a Job! And, I did! My first paycheck was $132, spent it on a pair of shoes! Been working since, and never needed anymore permission when it came to the price! Luckily, I have a $250 footlocker gift card to make this happen!

JRepp23 JRepp23 Thanks buddy. It was tough when I was a teenager as I never had the time to enjoy being a teen/young adult as I was always sick (this disease is NOT pretty). Once I had the transplant, I kinda knew I was meant to share my story as it can help others in the same predicament.

Now at 42, it's harder to deal with Crohn's as my body isn't young like it was and takes longer to heal. But you just have to play with the cards dealt, and persevere. I worked every day while I was on the waiting list for a new liver, even though I was SERIOUS sick and jaundice. But that perseverance helps me to this day.

You have my respect my friend with your struggles when you were young. I couldn't even imagine losing one of my parents at a young age. That would tear me alart. My dad is 81 and still working on cars every day (albeit on his own schedule and these are antique and classics). He has more energy than I do, lol. Your a very strong person!!
Man. it's good to still hear from the "older" folk with this thing that is now a "culture". The nostalgia, the sentiment, is still important. It takes ya back to times when it was a struggle to get such a high priced shoe. My pops worked overtime to help me! RIP Pops! I'm still messing around with those Jordan shoes!

I just saw them while picking up the KD 12s at champs.

Material is spot on to the 2008 CDP. Felt very cheap. The shape and height was similar to all recent 4s. The two pairs I saw had meh paint jobs. It’s crazy how JB can remake the concords to be such a great retro yet they can’t get the 4s to that 89/99 shape. Sad really.

Material is spot on to the 2008 CDP. Felt very cheap. The shape and height was similar to all recent 4s. The two pairs I saw had meh paint jobs. It’s crazy how JB can remake the concords to be such a great retro yet they can’t get the 4s to that 89/99 shape. Sad really.
That’s really sad to read

If Champs already got their shipment it’s crazy official photos haven’t came out yet.

Why not take pics? Knowing everyone wants to see.?

Why not take pics? Knowing everyone wants to see.?

I’m going back tomorrow. I usually do. Was in a mad dash to leave the mall. And home boy brought me out saying he knew ide wanna see. I was underwhelmed. Just being honest.

I’m going back tomorrow. I usually do. Was in a mad dash to leave the mall. And home boy brought me out saying he knew ide wanna see. I was underwhelmed. Just being honest.
Pic tomorrow then? Please and thank you.

Pic tomorrow then? Please and thank you.
I’ll have a pic tomorrow. I had pics of the concords 3 weeks early from champs in that thread. I should’ve taken a pic but like I said I was in a rush. All I can say is that build/material wise it was underwhelming

I’ll have a pic tomorrow. I had pics of the concords 3 weeks early from champs in that thread. I should’ve taken a pic but like I said I was in a rush. All I can say is that build/material wise it was underwhelming
2012 like?

Back
Top Bottom