Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Exactly! Before I joined NT in 2000; I always referred J’s by the year they released. I remember when the term BRED reared it’s head on here and it was extremely polarizing. It was a term the new jacks adopted and it drove the older heads nuts. As time went on and the older members faded away, it became a normalized term and everyone nowadays uses it.

This.. I still hate that stupid *** name. It boiled my blood when I first heard it.

giphy.gif

With everything we know about early pairs/UAs etc., you have to assume the default position that they are fake until proven otherwise. I can ask you the same question but in reverse. How do we know that they are official? See how that works?

Answering a question with a question. Good work. So let's just keep running around in a circle lol... I'm gonna assume they're legit until proven otherwise hahaha.

Not srs.

Well damn. What huge aspect (that made the OGs so popular) did they remove? Did they remove the ****ing wings?! Lol
When they redesign the entire shape and dimensions of the shoes, that's a pretty huge aspect. It's like Porsche making new examples of a 1994 911 Turbo, except it's three inches taller, two inches shorter, with smaller wheels and tires, a different rear spoiler, and a water-cooled engine. At a certain point it's actually not the same product anymore.

Thread is so disgusting already. Can’t wait until May 4th so I can dip. Jeez. Never thought I’d see the day where a BC4 with NA and durabuck would cause such backlash. Begged for it for years but now that we get it, it’s just an afterthought overshadowed but minute critiques and anger. It's depressing af. Can’t even enjoy shoes nowadays.
Complaints and legit observations on a web forum shouldn't ruin your enjoyment of shoes you legit like regardless of others' opinions. If you're thrilled with what we're getting here and have gotten with other retros, that's great. You often seem quite bothered that not everyone shares your view of certain shoes and how great they are. The funny thing is, if it weren't for years of complaints voiced here and elsewhere, we wouldn't ever have seen the changes we have seen on some models--changes I'd wager you've appreciated and that have made you really like certain retros.

:lol: Month before release, the timing of this argument is as expected :lol:
Every OG Nike Air Jordan release thread seems to go exactly like this lately
I don't even see it as an argument. It's just observations and a discussion. There's barely anything else to talk about at this point, anyway LOL

There are quite a few of us that do remember these details because we actually owned the original. There are some members who still own the originals too. There is definitely a huge generation gap on this site and when I read post like yours, it’s not hard to tell which side of the spectrum you land on. The only thing we all have in common is we like shoes. Those of us who witnessed Jordan’s career have a completely different perspective than those who were born after his years in Chicago.
Exactly.

Man I remember my mom’s friend bought a brand new one....I had to be like 5 and that was my first taste of that new car smell! Nostalgia for real lol

I still want one. 87-93 fox body. I’ll even take a 86 gt with the split headlights. Wish I would’ve copped a few years back the price keeps going up and they’re harder to find in decent running condition.

Back
Top Bottom