Air Jordan 9 “Olive”: Nov. 17 (New Pictures pg 19)

What do you think about these?

• Cop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pass

• I really don't care

• Total voters
why do people come in here to trash the olives? ok you have an opinion you hate the olives cool story bro... if you dont like them then dont buy it but no need to be all negative for no reason... just sayin though
it's a discussion thread about Olives. Doesn't mean the discussion has to be one-sided to positive.

This is a shoe RETAILERS were painting all black to sell. It makes no sense to me that these moved as fast as they did.

i was actually able to cop on champssports.com this morning thru the checkout timer, first time i have been able to make it thru the timer without getting the out of stock message. 8 minute wait time btw.

for todays customers..its a required taste.

I bet you if Nike decided to re-release Cardinal 7s, "limit" them,  they'd sell out.

Nothing but sheep and the morons who are paying $300 for them?

I just enjoy the different colors on them compared to the normal colors we see such as the reds, blacks, blues. When colors like olive, aqua type, or brown like the white brown IIIs and even the ginger xvi release i get excited for those. Plus i really think about the different fit possibilities when i wear them. I wanted them in 2002 when they released on eastbay for like 50 dollars but i was in high school no job and could not buy them. smh times have changed

for todays customers..its a required taste.

I bet you if Nike decided to re-release Cardinal 7s, "limit" them,  they'd sell out.

Nothing but sheep and the morons who are paying $300 for them?
Or people that just like them and want to wear them? some people can pull off olive. some can't. the people that can't are probably better off wearing pink foams or another hype color anyways...

I don't know about everyone else but the Olive 9s felt like they were stupid limited today. Them ****'s sold too fast, either that or ppl were actually digging these hard

Or people that just like them and want to wear them? some people can pull off olive. some can't. the people that can't are probably better off wearing pink foams or another hype color anyways...
HAHA!!!!
smokin.gif

imo, these were somewhere along the lines of a limited GR. my sole focus this morning was the rookies on ndc. i had no intentions of lining up for these bc i have to admit i foolishly thought i would be able to cop later in the day once i made it to the mall. luckily for me my boy picked up my pair while grabbing his, otherwise i'da def. lost out.

as far as these selling out the way they did, besides the fact that it's an og c/w and it's been a decade since the last release, the simple answer is times have def. changed!

34j1u12.jpg

Last edited:
how does a shoe like this sell out a week before the black/red iv? what the hell is going on these days?? :lol:

They sold out because they were limited in a lot of areas. These were not a GR. Some stores got more pairs than others but definitely not a GR. If they weren't limited and JB mass produced them, they would've been alot easier to get.

It's like the salt levels are at an all time high in here because some of us like and wanted to cop the Olives :smh: . I don't care if they sat on shelves and were marked down in 94 or 02, I don't care that ppl dyed them, i don't care who thought they were ugly back then and now, etc.. dats all IRRELEVENT info to me. There were PLENTY of J's that sat on shelves back in the day ya must've forgot!

Anyways, I NEED these!! These are a MUST HAVE for my collection but I'm not going to pay a reseller 275-300. I'll take my chances with a restock or find a desperate seller.

Last edited:
olives are a lifestyle color way. people are definitely at a casual lifestyle mode right now and plus camp is in right now. so all the stars aligned to make these a must have but also JB making these super limited pushed them over the edge.

seems like the main reason ppl are so salty is bc they really thought these would sit. i even thought so as well. so then they sell out instantly and at that precise moment is when everyone realizes they wanted them? :lol:

So prior to the release no one really knew they were going to b somehow limited?
Coz it seems like ebdy is surprised a lil bit bout hw quick they sold out.... including myself ....
J was planning on sleepin all day yesterday n go to the mall in the afternoon.... glad the wifey had me drop her to work
Without that I would ve been sol

By now it should be common knowledge, at least in this community, that retros are not gonna "sit".... Here and there a few releases will "sit" a couple days, but a shoe like the Olive is never gonna stick around long.

Back
Top Bottom