Air Jordan 9 “Olive”: Nov. 17 (New Pictures pg 19)

What do you think about these?

• Cop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pass

• I really don't care

• Total voters
how does a shoe like this sell out a week before the black/red iv? what the hell is going on these days?? :lol:

Simple, they were limited. Even here in Toronto only 1 Champs, Niketown, and a few Mom & Pops stores had them. No other Nike/Champs locations, or even Footlocker had them.

By now it should be common knowledge, at least in this community, that retros are not gonna "sit".... Here and there a few releases will "sit" a couple days, but a shoe like the Olive is never gonna stick around long.
Exactly, especially an OG colorway like these. Just wait until the Maroon VI's drop.. it's going to be deja vu all over again.

Woke up thinking I could stroll in the mall around 11 no problem. Got to the mall and they said one store had em. Had to snag a small size. Now stuck trying to trade this small pair for my sz. eh

seems like the main reason ppl are so salty is bc they really thought these would sit. i even thought so as well. so then they sell out instantly and at that precise moment is when everyone realizes they wanted them?
laugh.gif
I'm not salty. I'm just trying to understand how they sold so well. the IX is right up there with the II in my book of ugliest design. A week before the IVs and everyone is throwing 200-300 on olives?!

I guess you can say I'm a bit salty cause if I would've know the beast potential I would've capitalized on it
laugh.gif

I'm not salty. I'm just trying to understand how they sold so well. the IX is right up there with the II in my book of ugliest design. A week before the IVs and everyone is throwing 200-300 on olives?!

I guess you can say I'm a bit salty cause if I would've know the beast potential I would've capitalized on it :lol:

its funny how everyone keeps wondering about taste on niketalk.how cant some people understand that taste is DIFFERENT AMONGST PEOPLE is funny.i on the other hand my friend dont really like the ivs..but i really like the ixs.damn me right? :smh: :smh: :smh:

I guess you can say I'm a bit salty cause if I would've know the beast potential I would've capitalized on it :lol:

If you don't like the design, why do you care, much less being in this thread?

And maybe some of us are spending OUR money, because we have it.

And not everyone is YOU, many people like the IX and II's :smh:

And not everyone is YOU, many people like the IX and II's
mean.gif
Go sit in a corner. Again, this is a discussion thread about the Olive IX. Not a discussion thread about "Only if you like the Olive IX discussion thread"

You're a bitter old man and try to preach and push YOUR belief that if you didnt watch MJ play then you shouldn't be able to buy the shoe nonsense.

Don't address me, better yet, ignore me. I swear some of you are just friendless LAMES in real life.

Again..I'm posting to UNDERSTAND why they sold out. Only reason I mentioned I didnt like them was to keep all the "your salty"

replies at bay.
its funny how everyone keeps wondering about taste on niketalk.how cant some people understand that taste is DIFFERENT AMONGST PEOPLE is funny.i on the other hand my friend dont really like the ivs..but i really like the ixs.damn me right?
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
Did I say damn you? It's not about taste since 90% of the shoes are on eBay. It's not about Taste when they've failed miserably the past 2 times they've released. Again, I'm trying to understand. Don't get your panties all in a bunch.

So ONLY CCK addresses me, I REPLIED TO CHARMCITYKID...NO ONE ELSE.

Last edited:
I got my pair for pure nostalgia and the fact that these hypebeast don't know about these ogs made me think they would sit, but they didn't because, according to the all knowing on NT, these kids buy up everything with a jumpman. I wonder why the alter-ego ixs are still sitting. Yall wondering why these sold out, it's because yall are hypebeast trying to stay ahead of the game but end up falling in line for pairs like the xis or ivs and anything bred because you kno it'll take value in the long run.

Downright, Olives got that classic swag that yall prolly cant comprehend with. :D
0]

And not everyone is YOU, many people like the IX and II's :smh:

Go sit in a corner. Again, this is a discussion thread about the Olive IX. Not a discussion thread about "Only if you like the Olive IX discussion thread"

You're a bitter old man and try to preach and push YOUR belief that if you didnt watch MJ play then you shouldn't be able to buy the shoe nonsense.

Don't address me, better yet, ignore me. I swear some of you are just friendless LAMES in real life.

Again..I'm posting to UNDERSTAND why they sold out. Only reason I mentioned I didnt like them was to keep all the "your salty"
replies at bay.

its funny how everyone keeps wondering about taste on niketalk.how cant some people understand that taste is DIFFERENT AMONGST PEOPLE is funny.i on the other hand my friend dont really like the ivs..but i really like the ixs.damn me right? :smh: :smh: :smh:

Did I say damn you? It's not about taste since 90% of the shoes are on eBay. It's not about Taste when they've failed miserably the past 2 times they've released. Again, I'm trying to understand. Don't get your panties all in a bunch.

So ONLY CCK addresses me, I REPLIED TO CHARMCITYKID...NO ONE ELSE.

I love the IX, always have, But only in a few CWs... I was a freshman in hs when they dropped originally. I bought the og white/blacks and the og charcoals but hated the olives. However, mad ppl loved them. These sold bc they are the Olive IX. Simple as that. They weren't gonna sit. Not in 2012, no way... Especially when JB had been flooding the market with the entire Kilroy collection. Any og IX would sell right now.

I got my pair for pure nostalgia and the fact that these hypebeast don't know about these ogs made me think they would sit, but they didn't because, according to the all knowing on NT, these kids buy up everything with a jumpman. I wonder why the alter-ego ixs are still sitting. Yall wondering why these sold out, it's because yall are hypebeast trying to stay ahead of the game but end up falling in line for pairs like the xis or ivs and anything bred because you kno it'll take value in the long run.
Downright, Olives got that classic swag that yall prolly cant comprehend with.
happy.gif

alien.gif
I have 2001 XIs, and 1999 IVs so I'm sitting this one out. BTW, I'm 32 so I lived through the painted Olives and never encountered the "classic swag" you speak of, at least not in Los Angeles.

Last edited:

replies at bay.

Was this a joke post, because it seems like a lot of projection

You've been trolling, crying and whining in this topic about what other people are buying, just because people have differences in opinion and make more than minimum wage.

You're posting to understand why they sold out :lol: If only you concentrated more on your school work you would have accomplished more in life.

Simple, they were limited. Even here in Toronto only 1 Champs, Niketown, and a few Mom & Pops stores had them. No other Nike/Champs locations, or even Footlocker had them.

Livestock, all Today's Sportswear stores got them too, I guess mostly the boutique or smaller stores got few shipments in

Last edited:
I have 2001 XIs, and 1999 IVs so I'm sitting this one out. BTW, I'm 32 so I lived through the painted Olives and never encountered the "classic swag" you speak of, at least not in Los Angeles.

You're 32 :rofl:

I was hoping that you were 14 :smh:

Yea, the ogs were more greenish. I used to say they looked like somebody smeared **** on em. :x
Not classic literally, classy, more of.
My dad painted his Olives all black too. They looked pretty g'd up. Never knew it was a thing.

It is safe to say that times have changed. no matter how these sold or how long they sat on shelves back in the day. no way these wouldn't
sell out in this new age of the "hypebeast" and "sneakerhead". I remember being able to walk into a store and buying sneakers days if not
weeks after release without a problem. Now a day I'm not even mad if a shoe I want sells out. It no longer surprises me.

Lets be real kids these days will buy anything that looks weird and shiny with a Jumpman on it.

It is safe to say that times have changed. no matter how these sold or how long they sat on shelves back in the day. no way these wouldn't
sell out in this new age of the "hypebeast" and "sneakerhead". I remember being able to walk into a store and buying sneakers days if not
weeks after release without a problem. Now a day I'm not even mad if a shoe I want sells out. It no longer surprises me.
Lets be real kids these days will buy anything that looks weird and shiny with a Jumpman on it.
And years from now people will be saying. "I remember back in the day when the ('shoe game, Sneakerheads hypebeast..)." nothing ever stays the same, especially in fashion.

My first pickup out here wasn't bad. I was nervous because only two stores on entire island got them. Got there around 630 was like 5th in line. Store opened at 745. After me it grew to like another 20 or so. I love them

People keep on saying hypebeast but on this particular release the old heads took the crown in my area....
I remember security asking who got a ticket? (Referring to the raffle for the zoom galaxy) and only a few heads were
There for em.... mostly youngin....
The majority was only there to copp the olives or the force 180 and we were less than 40 top.... I ve seen what we conside a hyped release n
This one sure wasnt one... imo

People keep mentioning them dying their Olive's in 2002. Seriously, who cares. People like them. Get over it.

Back
Top Bottom