AIR JORDAN 3 BLACK CEMENT - NOVEMBER 23, 2024

wc 3.jpg
IMG_1340.jpeg
69c55c74ed1e0b2884ccbdfb2df026751692d2ef.jpg

Looking at one of Tinker's original sketches of the 3, you can see the detail he wanted in either Jade Grey or Cement on the elephant hide. The "corded edge" is definitely something that's missing on the 3s nowadays. The lower profile elephant print just looks so much better!

I can see why they went with less elephant print in the past…

Since it was so new to tennis shoes at the time, prolly costs a lot to source.

Now with global trading tariffs not as strict as they were in the 80’s, elephant skin, i assume, easier to acquire.

Now a days, resources are so abundant or they may use faux elephant skin is my guess

As consumer, we still buy irregardless.

Jokes on us:

IMG_4393.gif

What is your top 5?

I’m in for just one pair. What does everyone think they will go for if we can’t cop for retail?
In no particular order

Concord 11's
Black Cement 3s
Black Red 11's
Fire Red 3's
Black & Red 1's

I think these should be had for retail. If I can't scoop em for retail, I'll pay resell at the right price.

I can see why they went with less elephant print in the past…

Since it was so new to tennis shoes at the time, prolly costs a lot to source.

Now with global trading tariffs not as strict as they were in the 80’s, elephant skin, i assume, easier to acquire.

Now a days, resources are so abundant or they may use faux elephant skin is my guess

As consumer, we still buy irregardless.

Jokes on us:

IMG_4393.gif

This thread is in shambles

What is your top 5?

I’m in for just one pair. What does everyone think they will go for if we can’t cop for retail?

I’ll always play the Top 5 game (in no order):

XVII highs (College Blue, Black, White/Red)
XI IE (Black/Red, White/Cobalt)
III (Black Cement, White Cement)
VIII (Chrome, Bugs Bunny) *honorable mention to white/chrome lows*
XII (Playoff, Taxi)

Some outliers for sure but I could own all of the pairs listed above and be good

I’ll always play the Top 5 game (in no order):

XVII highs (College Blue, Black, White/Red)
XI IE (Black/Red, White/Cobalt)
III (Black Cement, White Cement)
VIII (Chrome, Bugs Bunny) *honorable mention to white/chrome lows*
XII (Playoff, Taxi)

Some outliers for sure but I could own all of the pairs listed above and be good

Bro has a top 12 that identifies as a top 5

wc 3.jpg
IMG_1340.jpeg
69c55c74ed1e0b2884ccbdfb2df026751692d2ef.jpg

Looking at one of Tinker's original sketches of the 3, you can see the detail he wanted in either Jade Grey or Cement on the elephant hide. The "corded edge" is definitely something that's missing on the 3s nowadays. The lower profile elephant print just looks so much better!

Would have been cool if they ever released with the back EP meeting the tangent of the white midsole

For years I’ve thought it would be cool if they released that design-sketch pair. Similar to how they released the “Black Cat” alternate 13 design back in 2018 also based on a Tinker sketch.

For years I’ve thought it would be cool if they released that design-sketch pair. Similar to how they released the “Black Cat” alternate 13 design back in 2018 also based on a Tinker sketch.
I always wondered if maybe he was given some feedback that original tangent design would’ve been too difficult to manufacture consistently. Especially with all of the other panels on the 3s that really need precise placement.

As it is, I think 3s are the hardest model to manufacture. Flaws stick out like crazy if things aren’t lined up perfectly.

Appreciate the love. I'm telling ya man. The day JB starts trying to please that side of the sneaker community, we are going to end up back in the dark ages of Jordan Brand. For example I've seen so many people around my age or older even, complaining online about the higher PL cut on 11s and hating the glitter accents on the OG 8s (Aquas in particular). And I know preferences are thing but I just shake my head seeing that nonsense.

The goal of these retro releases should be to faithfully recreate the original look that Moore and Kilgore intended for the Jordan 1 and 2, and what Tinker intended for the 3 thru 15. These shoes that we all love are not only just that, but they are art. When you sit a pristine pair of OGs next to a modern retro, the difference is night and day. For example: 1991 Black Infrared 6s. The higher tongue, the white/grey cut lines that pop out at you and break up the monotony of the black Durabuck, the leather-like contrast heel, I could go on.
Screenshot_20190130-121342_Chrome.jpg

Seeing a pristine pair makes my eyes widen. That is how they were meant to look. That is how modern iterations should look. The fact that a lot of the younger crowd would look at those above and not care nor see anything special about them is wild to me. Same goes for these 3s. The fact that dudes can look at the OGs in all their sleek,well proportioned, aerodynamic glory and then still say that the the clunky *** 2018 release or even that this current one looks better, is crazy.
air-jordan-3-catalog.jpg

I won't go after ANY Jordan VI until they bring back the OG tall tongue height. And the VI is my #1 favorite Jordan in the line. Having had 2 OGs back in 8th and 9th grade (91 & 92) That tongue really stood out as something totally different. The short tongues now just don't look good. I hope someone at JB will wake up.

And the photo.... BEAUTIFUL!! 🔥That brings me back to junior high and when I got my first pair.

Back
Top Bottom