Air Jordan 17+ Retro "Copper" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

At 250 these will see outlets like the black xxs with the white strap.
Lol at retail for anything.
Get your bird man hand rub on and enjoy the flop.
Their pricing can pay off if you're not a thirsty sheep

Last edited:
these were never 200.
Jordan Brand MSRP them at $200 now the retailers chose to make them cheaper, just like some shops actually painted the Olive 9's black because in the early 2000's the olive ones were not popular.

Quote from Nice kicks website

"When you decide to add a metal case and a CD something tells you the production cost must rise quite a bit. This also seemed to be the case as the Air Jordan 17 had a retail price at $200. Retailers everywhere had problems convincing people that $200 for a pair of shoes was worth it and many retailers cut prices down to $160 which was the retail price of the Air Jordan 16. The Air Jordan 17 made its first and only return in 2008, minus the suitcase, as a part of the Countdown Pack series. "

http://www.nicekicks.com/air-jordans/air-jordan-17/

http://www.nicekicks.com/air-jordan...n-17-white-black-metallic-copper-sport-royal/

If you still dont belive that then look at this post from 2002

http://niketalk.com/t/14202/jordan-release-dates-with-pics-for-2002-4-15-02

Last edited:
At 250 these will see outlets like the black xxs with the white strap.
Lol at retail for anything.
Get your bird man hand rub on and enjoy the flop.
Their pricing can pay off if you're not a thirsty sheep
So wanting to have the shoe release date makes you a sheep?

Really curious to see how these will sell. They may still sell, I mean people were paying 250 for ugly foams not too long ago. These are in my top 5 og colorways so I'll buy a pair release day at 250 and hope they flop so I can take um back. If not I'll bite the bullet. Smh. I hope I can get them under 200.

The price has been discussed MULTIPLE times. The 17+ were NOT $200 retail. Multiple retailers would not have the same or similar prices (as you can see below and from others who have posted) if that wasn't the price. These store price tags don't show any sign of a "mark down"... they show the retail price only.

The NiceKicks links don't mean anything. That old Niketalk post with all of the old dates may have just been a mistake, since all of the other 17 Mid's were $200. Airjordanlegacy.com probably just took the information from that Niketalk post (or something similar).

I have not seen anyone post an actual price tag/sticker that shows $200 was ever the price.

From what I can find (as well as remember), the retail on the original XVII+ was $165. I have attached a few pictures showing price tags on the original boxes of a few pairs of XVII+ (not my pictures). Two say $165 (from Champs and Eastbay)... the other says $175 from "J-Sport." I'm going with $165, as that seems right.

It definitely wasn't $200.

View media item 1705090View media item 1705091View media item 1705092

Last edited:
So every website that says these Retailed for $200 are wrong then (which every website says $200)? These were a special edition not a Alternate version like the 18.5. Most retailers lowered the prices to compete with each other and because people didn't buy them at $200

Last edited:
Jordan Brand MSRP them at $200 now the retailers chose to make them cheaper, just like some shops actually painted the Olive 9's black because in the early 2000's the olive ones were not popular.

Quote from Nice kicks website

"When you decide to add a metal case and a CD something tells you the production cost must rise quite a bit. This also seemed to be the case as the Air Jordan 17 had a retail price at $200. Retailers everywhere had problems convincing people that $200 for a pair of shoes was worth it and many retailers cut prices down to $160 which was the retail price of the Air Jordan 16. The Air Jordan 17 made its first and only return in 2008, minus the suitcase, as a part of the Countdown Pack series. "

http://www.nicekicks.com/air-jordans/air-jordan-17/

http://www.nicekicks.com/air-jordan...n-17-white-black-metallic-copper-sport-royal/

If you still dont belive that then look at this post from 2002

http://niketalk.com/t/14202/jordan-release-dates-with-pics-for-2002-4-15-02

View media item 1961792
Was there at release and it's not how I remember it. It never made sense to charge the same for these when they only came with dust bags.

The MSRP was $200 for the 17+ unless you can show proof it wasn't (and not a store sticker price) actual Jordan Price then stop with the $165
Who are you to tell me to "stop"? These were TAKEDOWNS. like I said. Just like the XVIII, XIX, XX1, XX2, 2010, XX8 all had for LOWER MSRPs. That's why they didn't come with the briefcase or CD, or you thought they ran out of briefcases and still priced the shoes the same at $200? Come on that's the answer right there.

Agreed this ain't going anywhere, people can believe what they want to believe.
just like you believe the wrong price to be right. 
laugh.gif

only 3 cw came with the steel case and CD and those were the regular 17s with the msrp $200. The 17+ were $165-175 depends on where you buy them. they were never $200 because those came with the Jordan Face box AND without the CD. 

also the quote you quoted from nicekicks; they were description for the regular 17s, NOT the 17+.

and these are FACTs, not what WE believe.

Last edited:
they were 165 theres no debate here. the college blue, black, and red/white came with a briefcase thus costing 200 retail. the croc briefcase was scrapped and they retailed at $165

These have been grails for me for years. Coppin day 1.. with that employee discount [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

These have been grails for me for years. Coppin day 1.. with that employee discount [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

You will be one of the few that cop release day for what the true retail of these should be. Nike/JB are basically charging everyone else resale for this release for some reason.

Nice! If I had a discount I'd deff cop day 1 I'm kinda hesitant to buy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom