Air Jordan 11 Space Jam-December 10, 2016-$220

I didn't get these, something just made me not want to cop. I have 2000 Concords and SJ, although they need to be re glued, that was a special time. My Colombias are in good shape too. The quality on those 2000 retros was just 
nthat.gif
imo.

Reactions: Ube

exactly. i never get it when people say they dont want/like a certain shoe because they see many people wearing their pairs. either you like the shoe, or ya dont. however many people wearing theirs has nothing to do with it. that makes no sense.

i think the shoe is beautiful. its still the same beautiful shoe even if i see 20 people rocking it. nothing on the shoe changed cause of those 20 people wearing theirs....unless those 20 people come over and each stomp on ya pair. then maaaybe lol. but otherwise, u only playing games wit yaself in ya head.
It's the hipster mentality.  I used to dislike it when a band got big/mainstream and urrrbody listened to 'em.  But, then I grew up.  

Mass produced = win in my book.  If everyone that wants them can get them, then it's a win-win.  I prefer mainstream/mass produced items now.  They're easier to replace.   

I was saying I like all of them better than the quality of the jams.
The dmps were the last great retro but this is my personal opinion.
thanks for the clarification and the comparison pics. i just wished the jumpman on the dmps wasnt backwards, since everything else about the shoe is great to me. im glad they fixed the problem on the 16s, but ill still probably look for a pair or two of the 00-01.  side by side the 00-01 pairs look alot better to me than 16s.

What's the point in having a pair from 2000?  You won't be able to wear them.  Unless, of course, you don't wear your shoes.  Then hopefully they're on display, rather than continue rotting away in a box somewhere....

What's the point in having a pair from 2000?  You won't be able to wear them.  Unless, of course, you don't wear your shoes.  Then hopefully they're on display, rather than continue rotting away in a box somewhere....
False. I wear my space jams still. They are separating in spots on the midsole and will eventually need to be reglued but they are wearable for walking around. No outsole issues on SJs. Outsole came off of y concords when i decided to wear them on a day trip in Bahamas :lol:

Yes, most shoes should be wearable if worn in the first number of years after production.  However, if buying a DS pair from 2000, it won't likely survive long.  Maybe 11s are better than 3, 4, 5, 6s....

Yes, most shoes should be wearable if worn in the first number of years after production.  However, if buying a DS pair from 2000, it won't likely survive long.  Maybe 11s are better than 3, 4, 5, 6s....
leaving a shoe DS for too many years is bad. That's why if I buy a shoe older than 5 years I actually look for a worn pear that helped set the glue

Last edited:

Turns out XI's are one the easier pairs to repair with separation issues.

Reactions: Ube

I guess separation is not a big deal.  It's the crumbling that kills a shoe ;-).
yeah, XI midsoles are made of phylon and not polyeurethane, which is the material that crumbles over time due to air and water exposure

I was saying I like all of them better than the quality of the jams.

The dmps were the last great retro but this is my personal opinion.
thanks for the clarification and the comparison pics. i just wished the jumpman on the dmps wasnt backwards, since everything else about the shoe is great to me. im glad they fixed the problem on the 16s, but ill still probably look for a pair or two of the 00-01.  side by side the 00-01 pairs look alot better to me than 16s.

No problem man. I've been trying to replace recent retros with the 2000 ones as I find them in the condition I like.

And pwguy pwguy the black/red pair isn't DS. I wear them every so often. You should really know your shoes so that you can know what can and cannot be worn over time.

It's the hipster mentality.  I used to dislike it when a band got big/mainstream and urrrbody listened to 'em.  But, then I grew up.  

Mass produced = win in my book.  If everyone that wants them can get them, then it's a win-win.  I prefer mainstream/mass produced items now.  They're easier to replace.   
Is it really wrong to think like that though? We all want to be unique. In many ways, i do understand why some would spend extra on limited edition scarce quantity shoes. As well I do also understand that we shouldn't always purchase certain shoe due to limited quantities. This goes the same for disregarding shoes now that it has become mass produced. Let's admit it.... there's a little part inside all of us where we have something that everyone wants. And once everyone has it, it somewhat diminishes that. It shouldn't but sometimes it does. It's just human nature

I don't think there's any problem if a person doesn't wna cop a certain model because it is now 'mainstream'. My problem is with persons who has problems with these kind of ppl lol. It's their money.

Anyways I'm not hating on your comment. Most of my shoes are GR.

Is it really wrong to think like that though? We all want to be unique. In many ways, i do understand why some would spend extra on limited edition scarce quantity shoes. As well I do also understand that we shouldn't always purchase certain shoe due to limited quantities. This goes the same for disregarding shoes now that it has become mass produced. Let's admit it.... there's a little part inside all of us where we have something that everyone wants. And once everyone has it, it somewhat diminishes that. It shouldn't but sometimes it does. It's just human nature

I don't think there's any problem if a person doesn't wna cop a certain model because it is now 'mainstream'. My problem is with persons who has problems with these kind of ppl lol. It's their money.

people who only like shoes/clothes based on limitedness/hype around it and how many others have em.....and not based on their own style or actual qualities of the shoe itself.....we call those people hypebeasts.

Last edited:
people who only like shoes/clothes based on limitedness/hype around it and how many others have em.....and not based on their own style or actual qualities of the shoe itself.....we call those people hypebeasts.
Then what do we call people who loves the shoe itself, thru substance and style, and also likes exclusive factor of it? Genuine sneaker hypebeasts? :rolleyes

Exclusivity is cool but I think some things serve not right to be exclusive when they weren't in the beginning. For example all OG Jordans were GRs and JB knows everyone craves OG shoes. So it makes no sense to limit them like the WC3 88s (even though that was marketing experiment to see if we would pay more for remastered OGs like we do now). Or why not make as many Royals as Space Jams. We all know folks want them like crazy. The reason why Royal 1 value is so high is due to its limited production. Now Chi 1 will take the mantle after April 1st. So IMO no Jordan 11 should be limited unless its like Pinnacle series shoe with an exclusively high price like. Otherwise JB should create as many as they can.

Then what do we call people who loves the shoe itself, thru substance and style, and also likes exclusive factor of it? Genuine sneaker hypebeasts?
eyes.gif
yea, keep reaching bud. read more carefully and make some sense.
mean.gif

Last edited:
Exclusivity is cool but I think some things serve not right to be exclusive when they weren't in the beginning. For example all OG Jordans were GRs and JB knows everyone craves OG shoes. So it makes no sense to limit them like the WC3 88s (even though that was marketing experiment to see if we would pay more for remastered OGs like we do now). Or why not make as many Royals as Space Jams. We all know folks want them like crazy. The reason why Royal 1 value is so high is due to its limited production. Now Chi 1 will take the mantle after April 1st. So IMO no Jordan 11 should be limited unless its like Pinnacle series shoe with an exclusively high price like. Otherwise JB should create as many as they can.
Yea agreed. I hate business tactics and unfortunately that's the world we live in [emoji]128557[/emoji]

yea, keep reaching bud. make some sense.
mean.gif
Lol I'm just curious man. I am pretty interested in All this current train of thought on how liking an exclusive shoe is supposedly bad lol. Or else maybe I read the other post wrong
yea i don t think u get what i was trying to say lol.

what u described is normal. sum1 who loves the shoes itself, but also loves that theyre a little exclusive. that normal person will still buy and love that shoe, even if they find out and see many others wearing the shoe. the exclusivity going away and hype dying down does not deter that person from copping. they truly like the shoe from the jump.

a hybebeast will make purchases and only "like" the shoes based on exclusiveness and hype. they may like a shoe, but then find out that every1 and their momma has em and alot were produced, and then they all of a sudden cant see themselves rocking that same shoe. sames goes the other way. that person will hate on a shoe if they think its a GR. but then once RD week comes around they find out those shoes are super hyped and harder to get than they thought, they will go and cop. happens ALLLLLL the time on NT lol

Last edited:
Lol I'm just curious man. I am pretty interested in All this current train of thought on how liking an exclusive shoe is supposedly bad lol. Or else maybe I read the other post wrong
It's the other direction.  If you dislike a shoe because it's a GR then you're a hypebeast.  

what u described is normal. sum1 who loves the shoes itself, but also loves that theyre a little exclusive. that normal person will still buy and love that shoe, even if they find out and see many others wearing the shoe. the exclusivity going away and hype dying down does not deter that person from copping. they truly like the shoe from the jump.

a hybebeast will make purchases and only "like" the shoes based on exclusiveness and hype. they may like a shoe, but then find out that every1 and their momma has em and alot were produced, and then they all of a sudden cant see themselves rocking that same shoe. sames goes the other way. that person will hate on a shoe if they think its a GR. but then once RD week comes around they find out those shoes are super hyped and harder to get than they thought, they will go and cop. happens ALLLLLL the time on NT lol

Oh lmao. YES AGREED LOL. I guess I read it wrong my bad bro

Oh lmao. YES AGREED LOL. I guess I read it wrong my bad bro
its cool. all love bro. simple misunderstanding. dont get me wrong. i dont have a problem with hypebeasts. like you said, its their money. but hypebeasts shouldnt come in here and talk to the rest of us like we're crazy for liking and wearing a shoe that they seen 20 people wearing....what the hell did they expect for a shoe that had MANY MANY pairs produced?

Back
Top Bottom