Air Jordan 11 Space Jam-December 10, 2016-$220

100%

Nightwing is probably my favorite YT sneaker reviewer and I'm sure JB listens to him especially on the performance standpoint (along with Kickgenius). Delz is also pretty on point with retro reviews, even if he can be really corny at times.

All of this considered, I think retros have increased exponentially in quality from 2006-now, with the majority of that growth occurring after 2014 (along with the price increases, unfortunately).

Retro quality from 99-07 were pretty solid across the board, with a few exceptions

When it was 08-14 the quality was severely compromised. Partially the reason why I slowed down on my sneaker purchases.

From 15-present you see much better quality than years past, no where near what was in the past or what we as consumers deserve. When you price a sneaker at $190, they better be good quality. It seems like JB has raised the prices and put on good quality for some releases and go half-assed for most others. At least we're not seeing the awful quality from 2008-2013 :lol:

Sorry but the 2000-1 run is still better to me than the 16s. DMP XIs too.
Hands down.
nah...and I adored that 2000 - 2001 run. Lawd knows I wish I could rewind time. Man that was a great time in my life.

I still remember having my Space Jams on the bed while admiring Madden graphics on the new PS2 Christmas day.

I even unwrapped them and wore them one day before Christmas break. The looks and folks faces was priceless. Everybody was in aww because only 3 of us had them in my school and my local footlocker only got like 1 per size.

Hands down.
nah...and I adored that 2000 - 2001 run. Lawd knows I wish I could rewind time. Man that was a great time in my life.

I still remember having my Space Jams on the bed while admiring Madden graphics on the new PS2 Christmas day.

I even unwrapped them and wore them one day before Christmas break. The looks and folks faces was priceless. Everybody was in aww because only 3 of us had them in my school and my local footlocker only got like 1 per size.

Guess that's why it's my opinion and not yours.
These jams have nothing on them. They just poo on 09s and above.

Hands down.
I'd say they're extremely close in quality....and I say this while looking at my 2000 concords. lol. 

I say they aren't and I say this as I look at my 2000 concords and my 2000 black/reds.

The patent is cheaper by a nice margin IMO. I'm not a fan of how it creases now.

Originally I didn't care for the shape or PL of these when I got them but I wore my breds the other day to the movies and my god the shape of them looked so bad compared to the new Jams, PL too... Like I really don't like my damn breds anymore :smh:

Originally I didn't care for the shape or PL of these when I got them but I wore my breds the other day to the movies and my god the shape of them looked so bad compared to the new Jams, PL too... Like I really don't like my damn breds anymore :smh:
Thats how I feel about the legend blues :rofl:

Last edited:
Hands down.
are you saying 00-01 is better than 16 jams and dmps or that dmps and 00-01 are better than 16 jams. just trying to understand the statement. i am on the search for some 00 jams and wondering if i should look for the concords too, as i have a pair of the dmps.

[thread="644948"]Quote:[/thread]

Hands down.

are you saying 00-01 is better than 16 jams and dmps or that dmps and 00-01 are better than 16 jams. just trying to understand the statement. i am on the search for some 00 jams and wondering if i should look for the concords too, as i have a pair of the dmps.

I was saying I like all of them better than the quality of the jams.
The dmps were the last great retro but this is my personal opinion.

Hands down.
Same on the 2000-1's. Never had the DMPs tho..

+2
They can try to get the PL cut the same, but it will never be the same PL material as the OG and 00-01s.
One thing that they will never get right is the insole. The 00-01s had a spongy insole. Like the 99 wht cement 4s. Im not sure about the DmPs, but every XI after that had those thin paper insoles. These 45 SJs included.... :smh:

Hands down.
Same on the 2000-1's. Never had the DMPs tho..

+2
They can try to get the PL cut the same, but it will never be the same PL material as the OG and 00-01s.
One thing that they will never get right is the insole. The 00-01s had a spongy insole. Like the 99 wht cement 4s. Im not sure about the DmPs, but every XI after that had those thin paper insoles. These 45 SJs included.... :smh:
THIS!!!!
The Jams from 2000 are probably one of the comfiest pairs of J's I have ever owned.

Whats wrong with the quality of the 16 Jams? I`ve worn mine ALOT and they arent creasing anywhere but on the inside patent cut, and its not as bad as the other 11s were.

Whats wrong with the quality of the 16 Jams? I`ve worn mine ALOT and they arent creasing anywhere but on the inside patent cut, and its not as bad as the other 11s were.

They seem cool but I'm saying they aren't the best retro XI of all time which is what started it.

Last edited:
The 2016 jams don't even seem to use real carbon fiber on the midplate. I'm not sure on that but it's definitely not the same as the 00s. It's just smooth.
Here are some comparison shots.

View media item 2359900View media item 2359901View media item 2359902View media item 2359904View media item 2359905View media item 2359907View media item 2359908View media item 2359909View media item 2359910View media item 2359912
those Concords though :smh: :smokin . I need me a pair but I'm still looking for a 2nd pair of '00 Jams.

The 2000 is my favorite as well. The shape was better and it's the only 11 to have "jumpman jam" on the tongue

Back
Top Bottom