Air Jordan 11 Space Jam-December 10, 2016-$220

I love the sign of a legitimate material that doesn't maintain the feel of a piece of poster board, and appreciate when a shoe wears in nicely.

So yeah, crease on

People complain about shoes not being comfortable, but also never want them to crease.  Once they're worn in (and creased), they'll be more comfortable!  Some shoes look like crap when really worn in, while the classics just look better!

^The cardboard patent leather didn't really start til' after '06. I know what you guys are talking about. But the patent leather on '00s,'01 and '02 (lows) doesn't get those hard deep straight creases like recent releases of the shoe. The older ones just gradually wrinkle (looks like waves) without having those hard lines happen immediately. My 02 lows barely creased at all.

There's a difference from creasing, and breaking in.  The only legit crease that is unavoidable is the toe.  Heels creases are negligence, which even I have fallen victim too.  I wear mine like tanks and have creases but I certainly don't enjoy them.  I've never said, "Damn that crease I caused from rushing to put my shoes on looks good!"

Um...OK....breaking in causes creasing in my world.  I treat my shoes pretty carefully (don't drag, or intentionally rub on the ground, bend at weird angles, etc.), and get heel creasing from walking and sitting.  I'm not talking stupid things like trying to put your shoes on with no hands and crushing the heel!

Anyway, if you're worried about creasing you're not enjoying the shoes.  If you bought them to enjoy them, you'll wear them, take reasonable caution not to trash them (maybe), and not worry what becomes of creasing and the like.  You may even have a backup pair to wear once they do get trashed!  In grade school all my Jays ultimately got trashed from actually being a kid and playing, etc.  As an adult my shoes will come to look worn, but essentially outlast me.  A few beaters I use to play sports with the kids will not outlive me, however, that's a small portion of my collection.

Discusing creasing doesn't automatically mean a force field AF1 toe in 2004.

Natural wear in a shoe with proper material use will show. The previous cycle of XI releases that featured the much stiffer synthetic heel material kept their shape, but were not correct.

All I meant was its neat to see a material closer to the softness of the grain leather used on the original run. Better with each wear

Agreed. The high cut patent leather looks terrible imo

Well, then stick to the 2009 - 2015 patent Leather cut that makes them look like fakes.
This patent leather cut is the closest we get to match the OG cutting. IMO, the ogs, 2016 and 2000/2001 were the best in terms of patent Leather cut.

High pl on these deter me too. Og was high, but not this high. They should have raised the mesh too. Might cop soon because resell is low

Back
Top Bottom