Air Jordan 11 Space Jam-December 10, 2016-$220

1636605984296.jpeg

Last edited:
Saw this thread come back to life and had to post a pic of my pair from over the summer. These used to be in my rotation since I copped last winter but haven't worn em regularly in a while. I wear my Concords even less. Most Jays just aren't comfortable all-day shoes, besides 3s, 5s and imo 10s. Still love my Jams though and my Concords.
PXL_20210309_175427839.jpg

Love the way these (and other iconic 11s) look, however, I find them quite clunky to wear. Honestly, I can go all day in 3s, 4s, and some versions of 6s (like the '19 black infrareds). 11s, can be done, but not ideal.
Know what?
Perfect fit for me was going 1/2 down in retro 11s that way they fit nice and snug yet with a bit of breathing room so the toes arent all bunched up. 10.5 in 96OGs 10 in retro and 10.5 in any modern release.
May or may not have already given that a go but thats how i dialed in the perfect fitment.

Know what?
Perfect fit for me was going 1/2 down in retro 11s that way they fit nice and snug yet with a bit of breathing room so the toes arent all bunched up. 10.5 in 96OGs 10 in retro and 10.5 in any modern release.
May or may not have already given that a go but thats how i dialed in the perfect fitment.

Sounds like you worked things out nicely! I feel they fit me properly, just a clunky model. Not to mention that I barely get one shoe, let alone two to try different sizes. Absolutely every Nike and Jordan fit me perfectly in 10.5, except for OG Huarache Runs, which I need to go to an 11.5, and ACG Mountain Flys in an 11. Not really much appetite to experiment up and down with each model and release; too much stress, and there's never anything definitive from NT feedback on a given release as personal taste and foot shapes are so diff. Now if I could go into a store and try them on, or easily order two sizes and return one, I would. Oh well.

just noticed...looks like you a little behind on shaving your legs

does your man get mad about that? I tell my wife as long as it's not easily visible I don't care 🤷‍♂️

Odds we ever get a true SJ release?
Thinking the next run will be straight SJ but will they look as nice time can only tell.
2016s were marketed all wrong and should have been pushed as the Black Concords to help the younger generations understand the CWs origins or Concord Jams which is what i like to call them since theyre a mesh between the two. Thinking they pushed Space Jam for simplicity, only OGs know what the hell a Black Concord is or why they stitched 45 vs 23.

Thinking the next run will be straight SJ but will they look as nice time can only tell.
2016s were marketed all wrong and should have been pushed as the Black Concords to help the younger generations understand the CWs origins or Concord Jams which is what i like to call them since theyre a mesh between the two. Thinking they pushed Space Jam for simplicity, only OGs know what the hell a Black Concord is or why they stitched 45 vs 23.

No doubt. If Nike was marketing "BREAD" for the Black Cement 4s, then marketing these as Space Jams must have been a no brainer....heh.

air-jordan-xi-11-space-jam-michael-jordan-pe-concord-jumpman.jpg

This would be enough to make people go crazy for. Todays shape with a 23 stitched along with a box that resembles in this pic. That is all they would have to do.
Spot on,
that would absolutely be the way to go to best the 2016s. Would even let the wooden box slide to reserve it for standouts such as Jacques Nightwing Jumpmanbostic MJO to name a few. Something botters have zero chance getting hands on.
Gen release could be cardboard with maybe velour or terry cloth shoe bags, something of that nature to add a splash of class without making the packaging bulky.
Correct patent cut stitched 23 and royal blue accents *chefs kiss*

I swear I don’t even notice the shape or that big of a difference.
The 1995 pe that MJ wore with the Bulls had lower pl, stitched 45, Blue tint outsole, Concord accents, and a sloped toe.
The 1996 movie shoe had all the same with exception of 23 stitched instead of 45.
The 2000 reissue had slight higher pl, printed 23, royal blue accents and a slightly clearer out sole. JUMPMAN JAM on the tongue.
The 2009 had too low inconsistent pl, printed 23, royal blue accents and a slightly blue outsole.
The 2016 had too High pl, stitched 45, Concord accents, with a blue tint outsole that was perfect. Both 2009 and 2016 has steel toe like caps to them.
If your an OG dork like me, you love the 2016, but several stay loyal to the 2000. The shape differences def vary from each version of retros.
This ^^^ is just the general comparisons as there are many more detail differences. Especially with the toe caps, shape, height etc.
Its complicated . :lol:

Back
Top Bottom