Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

when it comes to NBA on NBC my most favourite intro is the 96 ECF game 1 Magic at Bulls with Lil Penny!

"I hit the books", "I studied film til late at night", "I even cut open an air Jordan, just to see what's inside", "Hey Baby gimme some chips" All iconic!

You know you have to post the video now right? :rofl:

Bob with the intros and end game recaps...Marv held it down during the games though :nthat:...
The ultimate treat was during game 1 of the finals or if there was a special game where they would show the in arena introductions. The Alan Parsons Project song playing, the laser lights, the video of a bull running around downtown Chicago, and finally Ray Clay on the PA system. That was the ultimate highlight to me.

Last edited:
I usually wait for Ratchet Reviews review on the YouTubes before I make my decision one way or another. :rofl:

artworks-000053087425-atbxb1-original.jpg

We've yet to see the real thing

That is the real thing lol.. meaning you won't even notice a difference. Yall waiting for a different shade of black? :lol: I was just surprised their wasnt more discourse not 'hype' or anything. I don't care much, I just noticed. I like seeing pics 'real' or not. It's something to look forward to and use as a possible guide (for me).

Those highlights and intros were definitely dope! Yall brought back memories lol. I was an avid watcher in junior high school from like 97-99.. then MJ left and I was a big Reggie Miller fan which is where my love-hate/respect for Kobe really started.

These will be copped on release day. No questions asked. Zero dambs giving.

Bulls intro will always give me chills.

It is nice that you have the option to watch basketball almost every single night these days during the season but IMO it has diluted the product. Unless you lived in Chicago or got WGN you really were only able to watch basketball on Saturday and Sunday's. Made you appreciate it even more. There was nothing better in the world then waking up, watching NBA Inside Stuff (Rewind and Jams of the Week) and then going right into a Saturday double header.

These will be copped on release day. No questions asked. Zero dambs giving.

Bulls intro will always give me chills.

It is nice that you have the option to watch basketball almost every single night these days during the season but IMO it has diluted the product. Unless you lived in Chicago or got WGN you really were only able to watch basketball on Saturday and Sunday's. Made you appreciate it even more. There was nothing better in the world then waking up, watching NBA Inside Stuff (Rewind and Jams of the Week) and then going right into a Saturday double header.

I wouldn't want to go back to that broadcast schedule but I know what you mean. Luckily, growing up in metro Detroit, we got WGN as part of basic cable, so I was able to see a boatload of Bulls games back then. Combined with the national TV appearances, I probably was able to see more than half the games each year at a time when that was rather unusual other than for your local team.

I could be misremembering, but as crazy as it sounds now, I'm not sure EVERY playoff game was even televised nationally back in the early '90s. Specifically, game 3 of the 1991 Bulls/Knicks series. The same game MJ beat the double on the baseline and dunked on Ewing in what is now a famous clip. My recollection is, that game was not on TV on any Detroit channel, and I had to read about it/see the highlights the next day. I watched EVERY game religiously back then, and I know I never saw that game live. I suppose it is possible I got in trouble and my mom banned me from TV for that day, but I don't remember that at all and I usually remember things like that. So I'm 95-plus percent certain that due to some quirk in the schedule and/or the decisions of TV executives, that game never aired nationally. It's almost impossible to believe in today's climate, where every game is available one way or another.

That said, even if I am correct, that was an unusual situation. Every other Bulls playoff game during that 91-98 era was most definitely on TV. As was every other playoff game, unless here and there we had another rare instances of a game not being shown. For whatever reason, that game three against the Knicks is the only one I recall not being able to see.

I’m not getting hype for early pics of the Infrareds yet. I was mad ah hell back in 2014 when they were finally revealed.

In regard to 11s, I haven’t gotten excited for early pics since 2009 when the space jams came out. It was my first pair of 11s
I don’t even get the hype with that shoe tho...

Back
Top Bottom