Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

There was multiple information sources as far as authenticity back then..i just dont think people knew there was a chance of getting got. I remember those big space jams with the blue soles. They were selling everywhere on ebay and they looked almost good

That's what i'm saying, 95% of us hadn't seen fakes that quality in our lifetimes, judging people based on something from 5+ years ago is peak Niketalk :rofl:
After my retail pair got stolen from my mom's house, I got a pair of UAs thinking it really was the same materials etc.
Got em in hand and besides the widows peaks and stretched 23s, I still couldn't tell. It was only when I wore them and felt the difference in comfort/how they aged 5 times faster then authentics did I know for a fact.
Got rid of my pair, accepted my L, bought a VNDS authentic pair from eBay and moved on.

I recorded and saved every Bulls game I could, on WGN and national tv appearances, from about the 90-91 season through both threepeats. I had boxes and boxes of VHS tapes that I just got rid of about three years ago. It was hard to toss them but I realized I wasn't really going to sit down and watch them on a VCR again, and so much is available now online, anyway.
But yeah, the NBA on NBC productions were the best. The intros were my favorite part; they'd put together highlights with music and the end result was always just bad ***. No one does stuff like this nowadays:

And these aren't even the best ones.

Nostalgia at its finest, the NBA on NBC was the best! The whole intros and music, Marv Albert, it was a great time for basketball for real!

Absolutely! To me this goes hand in hand with the Bulls...Like I can't think of the 90’s Bulls and not hear that NBA on NBC intro music...

The really cool thing was that we--well, my friends and I, anyway--went into each game anticipating the intro as much as anything. NBC always killed it, setting the scene just that much more and hyping us up for the game at hand. After a while it was just taken for granted as part of the entire NBA on NBC experience.

My two favorite Jordan intros weren't even for big playoff games. One was a 1991 regular season Sunday game vs the Hawks. The intro played Genesis' song, "Just a Job to Do." The chorus repeated: "I've got a name, I've got a number." When it said "I've got a name" NBC flashed "Air" on the screen, then when it said "I've got a number," it flashed "23." Then they did the same for Dominique, all with dunks and highlights mixed in. It was so cool LOL. The other one was also a Genesis song, "Jesus He Knows Me," where they matched lyrics such as "See the face on the TV screen coming at you every Sunday, see the face on the billboard, that man is me" with clips of MJ on a TV screen and on a real-life billboard. I don't remember what game that was for but it too was epic. And no, I'm not a big Genesis fan LOL. Those two intros just happened to be executed amazingly well :lol:

I started recording them in 95 when he returned in Indy. Tried not to miss a single game that was televised. Still have all of them. But yeah lol, I don't have a VCR anymore but still hard to get rid of.

I recorded and saved every Bulls game I could, on WGN and national tv appearances, from about the 90-91 season through both threepeats. I had boxes and boxes of VHS tapes that I just got rid of about three years ago. It was hard to toss them but I realized I wasn't really going to sit down and watch them on a VCR again, and so much is available now online, anyway.
But yeah, the NBA on NBC productions were the best. The intros were my favorite part; they'd put together highlights with music and the end result was always just bad ***. No one does stuff like this nowadays:

noooo

Theres always room for a better copy, whats available might not be as good

were talking about analog here, way more variables in quality

people were just so much more professional back then, its kind of sad

those intros did their job well, I was ready for some NBA action and then it just cuts out lol

noooo

Theres always room for a better copy, whats available might not be as good

were talking about analog here, way more variables in quality

You're right, of course. I shouldn't have tossed them but I was moving across the country and finally just let them go. At one point years ago I got it in my head to transfer them all to DVD, but I didn't want to pay one of those transfer businesses the couple/few hundred bucks they wanted. So I got one of those DVR-R machines that could record on DVDs. I ran my VCR through it and started doing it myself. That **** lasted about three days when I realized what a long, daunting task it actually was. So that was the end of that :lol:

Now I wish I had saved those tapes but I can't change it. I'm not gonna let myself think about it or I'm just going to get p'd off LOL

those intros did their job well, I was ready for some NBA action and then it just cuts out lol

:rofl:
Me too, brotha, me too. I wish it was still '97, at least when I turn on the NBA these days. I'm just glad that as a teen/early-20-something I soaked in every bit as much as I could from those games and that time when it was happening. That's why I taped all those games, I used to watch them over and over. I definitely got my money's worth out of that era.

4CCF471B-F0B4-4BB4-AB40-DA7FC636F8B4.png
717A7B8D-B145-409E-ADAE-505090312327.png
AFEB4750-0DB4-4FD4-A6CA-FC684905AAB2.png
B1EA8C8F-E6CA-400D-9AF5-CDBED3F37E8E.png
75CD5EE9-0F00-49EC-9247-E92F817FDD7D.png
FC1E0AE2-2B64-4C58-A054-440E62E0742E.png
378D61E8-C771-45CC-9127-BE79EEEF6C27.png

Nostalgia at its finest, the NBA on NBC was the best! The whole intros and music, Marv Albert, it was a great time for basketball for real!
I'm pretty sure it was "Bob costas" doing some of those NBA on NBC intros lol

Awfully quiet for seeing more and more pics lol. People gotta be waiting on the Infrared VI's pics to drop.. that thread is going to explode. :lol:
I speak for myself when i say im not as excited for the early pics, 5 months prior to release..as i once was lol. But the pics a week before the release? Yess definitley excited

I'm pretty sure it was "Bob costas" doing some of those NBA on NBC intros lol
Im pretty sure I never said Marv Albert did pre game intros, his part of the broadcast calling the games was just as integral as Costas on the intros.

New pics look good! That leather is lookin real nice!

when it comes to NBA on NBC my most favourite intro is the 96 ECF game 1 Magic at Bulls with Lil Penny!

"I hit the books", "I studied film til late at night", "I even cut open an air Jordan, just to see what's inside", "Hey Baby gimme some chips" All iconic!

I’m not getting hype for early pics of the Infrareds yet. I was mad ah hell back in 2014 when they were finally revealed.

In regard to 11s, I haven’t gotten excited for early pics since 2009 when the space jams came out. It was my first pair of 11s

Back
Top Bottom