Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

Just have to wonder how much time would be between this year's Concord release to the next one(more than likely a DMP XI retro).

2011 retro was widely praised, just looks second rate now.

Anyone that says this
concord1.jpg

Is better than this
air-jordan-11-concord-1995-3.jpg

Has to be genuinely delusional. I know personal preference is a thing but objectively speaking the 2011's are a terrible rendition of the Concords.
What would be interesting for me to know, is if these 2 pics shown side by side to the average shoe buyer which one would they pic.

Regular NT revisionist history going on as usual, happens everytime a new version of a retro comes out :lol:
This energy was not reflected in the original threads at the time of release, everyone was FIENDING for a pair lmao
I would have to agree with this a little. That release had more reaction than any I had ever seen. The thread was nuts. I wont speak for anyone in here but I def was all in on em. Do they look as good as this 45 version? I don't think so. But, I will never forget how sought after the 2011 was at that time. Was the shoe executed as good as the hype? No. But I just don't hate on it like a lot do. Hopefully this thread doesn't get locked up like the original 2011 thread for all the fighting and disagreements. I read on another shoe site that everyone in Niketalk are a bunch of pricks. I disagree obviously. But there are a lot of firm beliefs in here.

2011 Concords had more impact on the world than the OG’s. Nothing was ever the same after that. No midnight releases, raffles, Snkrs app, resellers. All courtesy of.

Bro. From ‘11 until like perhaps late 2015, it was a period where as you said raffles, lines, lines just to get a raffle ticket, cornball resellers, extended back doodling, and he’ll even Foot____ employees were getting the shaft.

Prior to that it was similar to how things are now.

2001 concord retro release was during a school day and I had my Mom pick me up from lunch and take me to pick up a pair around Noon. Then I came back from lunch wearing them:pimp:

The original release in 95-96 had people calling footlocker and athletics foot daily trying to figure out when it was going to be released. When Amahad Rashad displayed a pair before a playoff game it was:nerd::wow:

Then MJ got fined for real and came back with the Space Jams, as a kid we sat up and just stared at the eastbay mag pic of the XIs at a daze

2011 release impact>D

Last edited:
I only enjoyed the get money boyz and such when it came to the 2011 release. That was hilarious. But I've never once wished that I could own a pair from that release and seeing photos of the 1995 pair only cemented those feelings. 2011's weren't and still aren't appealing to me in any way. But I won't knock on anyone that bought em and like em. To each their own of course. I'm just an OG only type of guy when it comes to details and I can't help it.
1527698957_1074b21e9898a223eb646261bfeadb38.jpg
IMG_2515 (1).jpg

Last edited:
2011 concords were historic for one thing: the exposure of air randy, marquee sole, vmv and others selling early unauthorized pairs. Remember the whole "milky toe" fiasco? :rofl:
It’s definitely some people in this thread who had no issues with unauthorized pairs that supposedly got smuggled out or made elsewhere with the same or similar materials.

My screen name is new cause i would take a long hiatus cause of low cut XIs and other Nike bs but best best believe some of ya’ll perpetrating a fraud.

It’s definitely some people in this thread who had no issues with unauthorized pairs that supposedly got smuggled out or made elsewhere with the same or similar materials.

My screen name is new cause i would take a long hiatus cause of low cut XIs and other Nike bs but best best believe some of ya’ll perpetrating a fraud.
Yo the stories people came up with to justify the fakes were classic and sad :lol:

“Workers came in late nights”
“Left over materials from next door”
“Made in a different factory by the same people”

Lol like how did you even know any of this?? :lol:

Anyone that says this
concord1.jpg

Is better than this
air-jordan-11-concord-1995-3.jpg

Has to be genuinely delusional. I know personal preference is a thing but objectively speaking the 2011's are a terrible rendition of the Concords.
Man it’s more than that. Looks were “ok” but the cut, feel, fit and comfort of the shoe was horrible. No reason Jordan’s 11’s should feel worse than chuck Taylor’s

Same time people were still copping space jams thinking they were legit

Man, crack to look back at that
That I didn’t understand. SJ’s infamously releases with already fellow soles around the pods. A year later people were ok with buying pairs that had completely clear soles? How does that even compute??

That I didn’t understand. SJ’s infamously releases with already fellow soles around the pods. A year later people were ok with buying pairs that had completely clear soles? How does that even compute??
I don’t know

We really didn’t know about these fakes and the sellers were technically known and were to be legit at the time

Um. Pretty sure the reason the 2011 release was so wild was because people wanted concords, period. As opposed to that particular (not good) VERSION of concords. Concords hadn’t released for 11 years. DMP XI was basically almost the same shoe but really hard for loads of people to get. So the demand was pent up for sure. Case in point, I didn’t like the 2011 version much but still got two pairs.

Last edited:
9F36827F-B07F-4BD6-889B-05AD2D5ADAE5.jpeg 38EF7B44-F745-43EE-944D-CE00F06D3FDB.jpeg 43A7EB34-4FD5-48D2-8478-7DF95B3EE5F1.jpeg C54B1DA7-47EF-424E-90EC-4AD825252DDD.jpeg 84EFF5EE-E0BF-471F-9A4B-5D87236685F9.jpeg 88BBC9A4-05BC-4EF1-B9F1-508D813CC715.jpeg 23B0566B-2CED-465F-9966-8CD4E07746DB.jpeg C8CC26A5-8774-4CA1-9809-C588976B94B8.jpeg Early/unauthorized production has began......milky

Attachments

• 1AAA9D3E-1577-444C-80FB-00140D3C0FAA.jpeg
    1AAA9D3E-1577-444C-80FB-00140D3C0FAA.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 82B40AB9-76C6-4C40-8474-496E958CD021.jpeg
    82B40AB9-76C6-4C40-8474-496E958CD021.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 20

Let me guess, me? Never knowingly bought a fake, never have, never will.

Got a pair of free concords from SDS ended up giving to a friend because he wasn’t a sneaker head and wanted to ball in em

:emoji_handshake:

Regular NT revisionist history going on as usual, happens everytime a new version of a retro comes out :lol:
This energy was not reflected in the original threads at the time of release, everyone was FIENDING for a pair lmao
I wasnt. And concords are or were an all time favorite. I wont do a reverse jumpman.

Back
Top Bottom