Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

I know the company that made the OG Durabuck from 1989-1993 I believe is long gone, but I wonder why Nike can't recreate the material? Is it due to a lack of necessary information regarding what materials are needed to create it or what?

Anyways I can't wait for this release. I graduate high school in a few days and decided I'll get the Space Jams/'95 Playoff PE's as my gift to myself and my first 11. Concords will be next and I may even double up. :evil:
air-jordan-11-concord-1995-1.jpg
Of course Nike can reproduce the durabuck. With how much Nike is worth it's obvious they can, I'm sure they have a r&d team for the materials they use, but just like every other company or corporation the goal is to increase profits yearly so they use cheaper felt like materials knowing that they will sell out regardless

I know the company that made the OG Durabuck from 1989-1993 I believe is long gone, but I wonder why Nike can't recreate the material? Is it due to a lack of necessary information regarding what materials are needed to create it or what?

Anyways I can't wait for this release. I graduate high school in a few days and decided I'll get the Space Jams/'95 Playoff PE's as my gift to myself and my first 11. Concords will be next and I may even double up. :evil:
Congrats and welcome to adulthood!

Of course Nike can reproduce the durabuck. With how much Nike is worth it's obvious they can, I'm sure they have a r&d team for the materials they use, but just like every other company or corporation the goal is to increase profits yearly so they use cheaper felt like materials knowing that they will sell out regardless
I see. Well maybe one day they'll release some original colorways with the proper durabuck. Not holding my breath though.

It’s funny because the original durabuck was not only cheap as hell, it aged pretty badly as well. That stuff cracks and peels faster than the durabuck used since 1999. It just looks cooler.

I’d hate to see it, but if the next Infrared was just flat black durabuck like the Metallic 5s, I wouldn’t be 100% pissed, maybe lim 54.87%. Hell, that’s probably what they’ll be. Better shape makes it easier too

Something like this. It’s a photoshop of the 2014 Infrared Sample
00CD5161-0667-48EC-970D-DE4757ECEA14.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone mind doing a LC for me please? Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_2519.JPG
    IMG_2519.JPG
    399.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2520.JPG
    IMG_2520.JPG
    345.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2517.JPG
    IMG_2517.JPG
    514.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2518.JPG
    IMG_2518.JPG
    188.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2521.JPEG
    IMG_2521.JPEG
    192.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2522.JPEG
    IMG_2522.JPEG
    265.2 KB · Views: 44

Attachments

• AE7C683A-0595-4730-B23B-4A9EC66A89D3.jpeg
    AE7C683A-0595-4730-B23B-4A9EC66A89D3.jpeg
    599.3 KB · Views: 38
  • B3CB818C-6D42-4A3D-B4FB-8DA14EEA9285.jpeg
    B3CB818C-6D42-4A3D-B4FB-8DA14EEA9285.jpeg
    644 KB · Views: 39
  • 527563D2-8F7B-48EE-A4BF-4C681243A00A.jpeg
    527563D2-8F7B-48EE-A4BF-4C681243A00A.jpeg
    699.2 KB · Views: 37
  • A149578E-0E01-4815-9F9D-E5C9FB15E16E.jpeg
    A149578E-0E01-4815-9F9D-E5C9FB15E16E.jpeg
    552.7 KB · Views: 31
  • EBFD970A-9340-401A-8A01-27EF4E698D43.jpeg
    EBFD970A-9340-401A-8A01-27EF4E698D43.jpeg
    213.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I have to see a bit more to determine authenticity on those Concords. I purchased my Concord 11's from FNL and they had peaks on the toebox too, so that's not a dead giveaway. My 23 on the heal is cracking and stretched out like the photos above. I looked at the outsole and it's yellowing around the pods, just like mine.

As far as purchasing them, I think you shouldn't -- not because it's "fake" but, rather, it's old and too worn. The new ones are coming at the latter end of the year, so no need to (over)pay for some 2011's.

I have to see a bit more to determine authenticity on those Concords. I purchased my Concord 11's from FNL and they had peaks on the toebox too, so that's not a dead giveaway. My 23 on the heal is cracking and stretched out like the photos above. I looked at the outsole and it's yellowing around the pods, just like mine.

As far as purchasing them, I think you shouldn't -- not because it's "fake" but, rather, it's old and too worn. The new ones are coming at the latter end of the year, so no need to (over)pay for some 2011's.

Yah the guy told me that he would meet me at round two and authenticate them. I went to round two and he was a no show, stopped responding to text and didn't pick up my calls. Worked out for the best i guess, probably knew they were fakes. Thank you Nike talk tho, wouldnt have had any idea if yall didnt tell me they were fake.

Any actual pictures of the Platnium Tints? Thinking about going with those and just hoping I'll see a proper Concord/DMP XI retro.

#45 is a borderline deal breaker.

45, 23, 9, 12, nada... who cares they will be bought, double up, maybe even triple. Correct facing jumpman and high patent cut is all that matters to me and the majority i think. Hell they can but a poopy emoji on the back ill still double up!:rofl:hahahahaha get the cords!!!

Lack of necessary information is absolutely off the table...

Skip to about 1:40 and you’ll get a peek at what Tinker ~ Nike calls the “DNA Warehouse”...

Nike WON’T recreate the material because it would cost them more to produce each shoe...Simple as that, if they can cut a quarters worth of production costs off a shoe and still sell it a premium price then that’s what they’ll do...Sometimes they even come up with gimmicks, like the whole “remaster” program for example, where they actually try to make an excuse to raise prices on all models while slightly upping the quality on a handful of pairs...It’s a publicly traded company that has share holders to answer to, and share holders value profit over everything else...

Anyway back to the Concords...Y’all looking at multiples of these or naw...I mean they’ll probably drop again in a few years with a stitched on 23 or something like that...

Lack of necessary information is absolutely off the table...

Skip to about 1:40 and you’ll get a peek at what Tinker ~ Nike calls the “DNA Warehouse”...

Nike WON’T recreate the material because it would cost them more to produce each shoe...Simple as that, if they can cut a quarters worth of production costs off a shoe and still sell it a premium price then that’s what they’ll do...Sometimes they even come up with gimmicks, like the whole “remaster” program for example, where they actually try to make an excuse to raise prices on all models while slightly upping the quality on a handful of pairs...It’s a publicly traded company that has share holders to answer to, and share holders value profit over everything else...

Anyway back to the Concords...Y’all looking at multiples of these or naw...I mean they’ll probably drop again in a few years with a stitched on 23 or something like that...

Ill be at least doubling up. Intersting vid. I agree about nike not doing it for cost more than anything else. Hey off topic vegetaray123, but i sent you a PM and an email yesterday, hope you got it.

Back
Top Bottom