Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

C5B834AD-5B45-4484-882C-FA619443CA5F.jpeg

Can’t wait. Box looks flimsy though. Hope people cop the Orlando 10s too.

I see your point but my main point was, its overall design language would not have been out of place compared to those models back then. The 11 is a mashup of the 9 and 10 with then some of its own distinct cues obviously, but you can see the logical progression from Tinker, from the white with black rand around the shoe on the 9 and the evolution of the 10's lacing system. Remix that into a new shoe with patent leather and voila, meet the Jordan 11. The Jordan 2011 could be seen as a mashup, as @JRepp23 noted, of the 11 and 12, remixed with a lighter upper and interchangeable insoles. I'll never believe that, had the 2011 dropped in '97 or '98 or '99, people would have found it anything but a new Air Jordan that made sense in the context of what recently preceded it. But we don't have a time machine so it's just a fun thought.
Agree me an friend waited in line for that exact 2011 model.. Jordans new models are decent just like 29 only time will tell

Agree me an friend waited in line for that exact 2011 model.. Jordans new models are decent just like 29 only time will tell

People waited in line for that shoe? Was there that much demand for it back then, I don't remember.

Im in houston wasnt a long line but yeah people was. And around that time this retro influx began so
Anything with a jumpman was getting snatched up. Not me though i was after playoff 13 then back then they would send loads of shoes to select stores as a mini restock.. Copped my bred 4s in like april when they released the previous black friday... Every sneaker store had lines but different retros was at different locations...

Im in houston wasnt a long line but yeah people was. And around that time this retro influx began so
Anything with a jumpman was getting snatched up. Not me though i was after playoff 13 then back then they would send loads of shoes to select stores as a mini restock.. Copped my bred 4s in like april when they released the previous black friday... Every sneaker store had lines but different retros was at different locations...

Interesting. I picked up my pair in October of 2011 on sale at Niketown Vegas for like $110 or $120 LOL

How is that even possible

Why is that a surprise? Like I said, I don't recall what the popularity of the Air Jordan 2011 was like back then. I only bought the white/black pair because they were on sale at that Niketown, and I was in Vegas for the IndyCar season finale that year, which is why I know for a fact exactly what day and month I purchased them. I still have the receipt in the box in my closet somewhere, too, so I could dig it out and see the date and the price I paid. I might be misremembering the price, but they were definitely on sale. So I guess that was a good find? LOL. I actually just wore them over the past weekend for the first time in at least a couple years. Still in mint condition.

Back
Top Bottom